X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
    Unless you worked on a bomb rack that goes on an F-18. Holy shit are those BRU-32's and 33's complicated! You have to be careful in making sure the moving mechanical parts don't snag the wires. It's like trying to put together a 3D 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle.
    I'm talking about the electronics on the airplane. I would imagine those same bomb racks are on other planes as well since some of those weapons are used with different planes. It sounds like those are designed for a reliability problem if the wires can get in the way of moving mechanical parts. You would think they were have a nice, neat wiring loom out of the way of all that. Military wiring is suppossed to be nice and neat for that very reason.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

There's a guy in Driggs, Idaho that has some old eastern block jets he's got flying again. Typical communist construction. Poor fit and finish and the riveting is horrible. Function wise they are great and actually the layout and design of the systems is excellent. Easy planes to work on actually. Getting parts is the problem. I've volunteered to work on some of those to help him keep them flying.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

[QUOTE=Kristy;1526529]I live for this. Your passion of hatred for Sammy makes life worth living sometimes.

QUOTE]

You would have loved the Sammy Hagar insult generator. That was the best part of the main page for a while.

I can't believe Hagar is telling VH not to put out mediocre music after Hagar puts out drivel like Let Sally Drive.
        He's always so far out of his league musically when he talks about those guys when he should be grateful they had a lapse in judgement and let him in in the first place.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

I hate working on shit that could be designed better and I appreciate stuff that they thought the whole system out. So many things are put together by separate committees and then you have a hodgepodge instead of a system. The company that made those bomb racks probably paid enough politicians or military brass off with whores and drinks. LOL!

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Sammy Hagar could have been designed better. Good going God. You fucked up there.

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              There's a guy in Driggs, Idaho that has some old eastern block jets he's got flying again. Typical communist construction. Poor fit and finish and the riveting is horrible. Function wise they are great and actually the layout and design of the systems is excellent. Easy planes to work on actually. Getting parts is the problem. I've volunteered to work on some of those to help him keep them flying.
              I have thought about doing something like that, as I have 12 years experience with rivet-gun in hand.
              The last couple of years I did at Boeing, I was on a crack structural assembly squad whose sole job was to fix all the fuckups made by other less capable sheet-metal mechanics on the 737 fuselage assembly line.

Always wanted to help out in restoring classic warbirds like P-51s, P-38s or P-40s.
              Only thing is, my hearing is shot enough as it is, due to decades of blasting out metal music from my stereo, as well as being in bands and blasting out of my 100W Marshall half-stack, not to mention 40-80 hours a week spent in high-noise environments.

What ended my career as a sheet-metal god was the day I had just got done shooting several thousand rivets and my thumb went numb. Supervisor was smart. Ordered me to first-aid, and I never picked up another rivet gun again.

Am glad to be out of that biz.....the benefits and pay were kickass, but the corporate factory bullshit was unreal.

But it would be cool to work on such great old fighter planes.

Comment

• CROWBAR
                Commando
                • Sep 2004

Hagar and F-18's being mentioned in the same thread shouldn't even be a thought, much less a typed out post. But....

I digress

Comment

• ace diamond
                  Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                  I live for this. Your passion of hatred for Sammy makes life worth living sometimes.
                  Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
                  You would have loved the Sammy Hagar insult generator. That was the best part of the main page for a while.

I can't believe Hagar is telling VH not to put out mediocre music after Hagar puts out drivel like Let Sally Drive.
                  He's always so far out of his league musically when he talks about those guys when he should be grateful they had a lapse in judgement and let him in in the first place.
                  what ever happened to that damned thing?
                  i loved the random sammy hagar insult generator.
                  let's start a petition to sarge to bring that fun little toy back.........
                  i used to spend quite a bit of time seeing how much shit that thing came up with and just dying of laughter
                  while drunk and stoned.
                  Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                  When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
                  "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

Thrills brought up another good point (as pointed out by Ace).

Spamulus Flatulus continually runs his mouth about how they should put out 'good' music, when he would not know the first thing about it.

Good music as opposed to the crap he put out in Van Hagar?

Comment

• Matt White
                      • Jun 2004

UuhuhhuuhhuuhUHuhuhuhuhh.....just finished the Rolling Stone article.......

'member back in 2004? The Fleece the Sheep Tour....when Speddie would go into that awful dreck he tried to pass off as a "solo"?

UHuHUhuUhhuhuhuhuuhhuhuhuhu...and the sheep would try and float lame excuses like "...he's just improvising"????

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You sorry BASTURDS!!! Even Spammie Haggis knew you were being cheated on a nightyly basis....in those 1/2 full halls....

of course...he STILL took your money.....YOU FUCKING SHEEP!!!

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                        I hate working on shit that could be designed better and I appreciate stuff that they thought the whole system out. So many things are put together by separate committees and then you have a hodgepodge instead of a system. The company that made those bomb racks probably paid enough politicians or military brass off with whores and drinks. LOL!
                        Well just those two racks were a pain in the ass and were only used on the F/A-18. Everything else was easy to fix.

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

I must admit, reading about some of the details of the ill-fated 2004 tour is pretty fascinating, like watching one of those police chase/car wreck/deadly explosions documentaries. For those interested (and can put aside who is doing the talking), you can skim what seems to be a large segment (22 pages of paragraphs) of this chapter at the following link:

Rolling Stone Exclusive Excerpt: Surviving Eddie

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• indeedido
                            Veteran
                            • Feb 2004

That was interesting.

Another time, Toby Keith came to see us in Oklahoma City, not far from his hometown. I decided to do his "I Love This Bar" during my acoustic segment and Toby would walk out midway through the song and sing the rest of it with me. Toby told me that while he was waiting backstage, Eddie cornered him and tried to keep him from going out: "Why would you want to go on with him?" Ed asked. "Why didn't you come out with us?" "You didn't invite me," Toby said. "I'm inviting you now," Eddie said. "Why are you wearing that cowboy hat?" "I'm a country guy," said Toby. "No, it's because you're bald," said Eddie.

He's lucky that big Okie didn't kick his ass!
                            This space for rent.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by indeedido
                              That was interesting.

Another time, Toby Keith came to see us in Oklahoma City, not far from his hometown. I decided to do his "I Love This Bar" during my acoustic segment and Toby would walk out midway through the song and sing the rest of it with me. Toby told me that while he was waiting backstage, Eddie cornered him and tried to keep him from going out: "Why would you want to go on with him?" Ed asked. "Why didn't you come out with us?" "You didn't invite me," Toby said. "I'm inviting you now," Eddie said. "Why are you wearing that cowboy hat?" "I'm a country guy," said Toby. "No, it's because you're bald," said Eddie.

He's lucky that big Okie didn't kick his ass!
                              Oh man, not even a cup would stop Eddie's balls from being smashed by a swift kick from Toby Keith's cowboy boot.

Comment

• hambon4lif
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jun 2004

A few things to keep in mind as you read this is......

1) Hagar is a chronic whiner. It's the one thing he does better than anyone on Earth, temper tantrums. He spent the entire Roth/Hagar tour (and his entire career for that matter) acting like a total infant that needed to sit in a 'time-out' chair. Bitching, moaning, complaining......

2) He's trying to sell a book. 'Nuff said.

The fact that he's now running his mouth to the press that he "vows to be the frontman for Van Halen", even after putting out this slanderous book, tells me what I always knew....he's not a "reality-based" individual.

Comment

Working...