Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

If anything, the timing is absolutely shrewd on his part. Think about it, Chickenfood is in the midst of a break, and there are rumors of Van Halen's recording sessions for a (supposed) release later in the year. What better time to chuck this "book" out and capitalize on things? More than likely, he probably had a look at the way Valerie Bertinelli's book and career took off, no doubt fomented by mentions of her life and marriage with Edward Van Halen. Now all he has to do is appear on Oprah (or more fittingly, William Shatner's Raw Nerve, because Shatner can make watching paint dry appear to be interesting) and sign up with a Jenny Craig or Subway diet plan. It's a keen way of resurrecting a career without requiring any use of talent, something Hagar never had a great amount of in the first place.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I can see it now.... the Subway CaboWabo Chickenfoot long sub sandwich with cheddar tequila sauce, endorsed by Sammy Hagar
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by FORD
        I can see it now.... the Subway CaboWabo Chickenfoot long sub sandwich with cheddar tequila sauce, endorsed by Sammy Hagar.
        I'd say the only surprising thing about that is why it hasn't already happened.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• VAiN
          Use my hand, I won't look
          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by chefcraig
          I'd say the only surprising thing about that is why it hasn't already happened.
          Seriously, I don't doubt it, or something very much like it, will happen in the not so distant future. Sam's not getting any younger... So any shred of credibility that he holds is quickly fading. Better cash in quick!!
          Originally posted by wiseguy
          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• the atomic punk
            Full On Cocktard
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by hambon4lif
            A few things to keep in mind as you read this is......

1) Hagar is a chronic whiner. It's the one thing he does better than anyone on Earth, temper tantrums. He spent the entire Roth/Hagar tour (and his entire career for that matter) acting like a total infant that needed to sit in a 'time-out' chair. Bitching, moaning, complaining......

2) He's trying to sell a book. 'Nuff said.

The fact that he's now running his mouth to the press that he "vows to be the frontman for Van Halen", even after putting out this slanderous book, tells me what I always knew....he's not a "reality-based" individual.
            That and nobody cares what Sammy has to say unless he is talking about Eddie. Did you notice the RS slide show that accompanied the article? Every picture (except one) is Eddie. So even when promoting his own book, Sammy can't get out of Eddie's shadow.

Comment

• the atomic punk
              Full On Cocktard
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by VAiN
              Seriously, I don't doubt it, or something very much like it, will happen in the not so distant future. Sam's not getting any younger... So any shred of credibility that he holds is quickly fading. Better cash in quick!!
              He already did. He sold 80 percent of his Cabo Wabo tequila business to Gruppo Campari for $80 million. This isn't about money for Sammy, he's set. It's about attention. Like showing up at the RARHOF to accept Van Halens award. He wants to be remembered as more than the marginal musical figure he is.

Comment

• the atomic punk
                Full On Cocktard
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                Oh man, not even a cup would stop Eddie's balls from being smashed by a swift kick from Toby Keith's cowboy boot.
                You mean this guy?

He could probably still beat down a coked up EVH, but as fake cowboys go, he's the fakest. And I'm pretty sure Eddie's right about the hat.

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by the atomic punk
                  You mean this guy?
                  He could probably still beat down a coked up EVH, but as fake cowboys go, he's the fakest. And I'm pretty sure Eddie's right about the hat.
                  You should hear some of the stories my friend's son (who is serving in the military) tells of Keith's "humanitarian" efforts while touring bases in the middle east. When the cameras are not on the guy, he acts like a selfish, insufferable prima dona, more given to self-promotion than self-sacrifice, and behaves as if the war was somehow arranged for his benefit so therefor should run according to his schedule.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Classless.
                    Hagar's a calculated businessman who knows people want to see the road kill.
                    Now he just exploits Ed's problems when he was at his worst while saying he has a 90 percent chance of being the frontman? If Ed's that horrible then why does Hagar claim to want to be back there? One reason. Because he's not there now and Dave is.

Yeah, he finished the up for breakfast vocals quickly. God bless him. Who wants to listen to it ? Is the measure of a good tune how fast you can cut it? Sore of Infection was a good quick one to write. It's just single syllables. I think they flew in Elvis to help write it. Wasn't there a "hmm" in verse 2?
                    The article's there to sell books.
                    Basically it's saying thanks Ed for the success, now I'm selling you out because deep down I know I'm irrelevant otherwise.
                    I hope there's a new album and it's phenomenal to the point where nobody cares about Hagar interviews about the past and not the now.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2004

More Hagar spew...

Click... Sammy Hagar: "I don't see a new Van Halen record happening"
                      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                        It always amuses me when an entertainer claims to want to "give something to the fans", yet feels no compunction about charging them for said "gift".

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• the atomic punk
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                          Man, Sammy loves him some Sammy. I love the part where he asks him why he's always getting kicked out of bands. "Because I'm a natural leader!" Or maybe it's cause your a natural a**hole.

Comment

• DlocRoth
                            ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Wow. Just read the whole thing. Fatty really takes the piss outta the brothers.

And of course he takes the high ground. What a unconscionable turd.

Not saying it aint true, Im sure most of it is....
                            Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

So let's recap:
                              According to Sam: There's a 90% chance he will once again be in a band called VH if Ed is different than he was which he appears to be. But there's no chance of them making a record but if they do make one it better be good.
                              Is he trying to confuse his fans?

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
                                So let's recap:
                                According to Sam: There's a 90% chance he will once again be in a band called VH if Ed is different than he was which he appears to be. But there's no chance of them making a record but if they do make one it better be good.
                                Is he trying to confuse his fans?
                                Sammy has fans? I thought he lost those when he sang "I Can't drive 55"? When the best thing on your resume is "I'm the guy Van Halen brought in after Dave" I think it is time to shut up and retire from the music business.

Comment

Working...