Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Eddie is a good example. I'd be up all night drinking with him, and he'd wake up with the shakes and he'd need a drink to start off his day. He and his brother Al - Al was the same way. They'd wake up and they'd be crackin' beers and drinking vodka straight from the bottle at eight o'clock in the morning. I'd be like, 'Wow, what's wrong with you guys?'
    That reminds me of being in Russia. We were up all night pounding vodka at dinner and after dinner. I hit that point where if you go further it's going to be bed spins and puking. The next morning I feel like hell and I make it out to breakfast and they have a fucking bottle of vodka on the breakfast table! Ed and Al would have fit in great there.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

From the tone and venom of almost every entry on this site, from the "children" of this mess, it appears many are Affected.
      I didn't know David Lee Roth was my daddy. He would have had to fuck my mom at age 9. Knowing Dave, he might have banged some MILFS at that age but I doubt one of them was my mom.

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Like most people, Hagar is obviously telling his point of view from a perspective that makes him look better.

However, the things Hagar says about the possibility of ANY new Van Halen record (with Roth or anyone else)...well, it has been how long now? Dave's been back in the band since late 2006. It's now early 2001. That's four years +. One year was spent on touring. Three years and nothing new to show?

The shame of it is that Roth has seemingly followed the Van Halens down into the bunker-hunkering, hidey hole mode they've been in since 1999.

Maybe they are actually recording with Shanks right now.

Until something actually is released, all the speculation of a future Van Halen release is bunk. That's the attitude one needs to take when dealing with a band that is unreliable.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Unchainme
          In fact, it probably would be for the best. Maybe Dave figures that much like the mantra Penn and Teller have had for years is whats best at this point. IE, "We don't meet up or chat anywhere but when we're doing a show and that's why we've stuck together for all these years".
          OT but did you know that Penn and Teller are worth $160 million? Each.

I love P&T but $320 million?

That's what happens when you don't fuck up your career in the mid eighties.

It's a good analogy because the Van Halens need to make like Teller, shut up and let the guy who is good at it do all the talking.
          Last edited by Seshmeister; 03-08-2011, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• Jagermeister
            Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Discussing his new memoir, he says there's a '90 percent chance' the band will reunite – 'if Eddie was totally cool'

In this months issues the Red Racker has a little blurb about Van Halen. It's mostly bullshit about Ed being a freak in 2004. Spammy tells some pretty wild stories that if you think back explain Ed's behavior. He does beat on Dave a little but not much. quoting from memory: I guess Dave couldn't really sing that well. He had no range or rhythm. Of course he goes on to say how great he was basically. It was a pretty good read. The only thing in this issue worth reading so far.

Comment

• hambon4lif
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jun 2004

The cover story of Snooki must be more intelligent and insightful by comparison.....

Comment

• Jagermeister
                Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                The cover story of Snooki must be more intelligent and insightful by comparison.....

I couldn't make may way through it.

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                  I couldn't make may way through it.
                  The magazine or the actual Snooki?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Unchainme
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2005

The "I'm a better singer" bullshit that's constantly pushed by Bette is fucking gay.

And there's more than being a good singer, than being a good front man to a rock n'roll band. Roth may have not been Freddie Mercury, but I always dug the way just exuded personality and how a rock singer should be. Dude truly "is the party".
                    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Plus rock and roll is not supposed to be that good. It's an art medium for the socially rejected. It allows people to make good livings that the Julliard School of Music wouldn't give the time of day to. We aren't looking for world class opera singers. We are looking for someone who can take you for a ride up there.

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

"Starkist doesn't want tuna with good taste, Starkist wants tuna that tastes good."

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Jagermeister
                          Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by chefcraig
                          The magazine or the actual Snooki?
                          The article on Snooki.

Bad reading.

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                            The article on Snooki.

Bad reading.
                            In one of the pictures accompanying that article (her in 2009), she actually looks pretty astonishing in a white bikini and not so much like one of the tacky wives from the cast of Goodfellas. It's amazing what a little success and (several bags of Cheetos) will do to a person.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by Unchainme
                              The "I'm a better singer" bullshit that's constantly pushed by Bette is fucking gay.

And there's more than being a good singer, than being a good front man to a rock n'roll band. Roth may have not been Freddie Mercury, but I always dug the way just exuded personality and how a rock singer should be. Dude truly "is the party".
                              BINGO.Better singer is entirely subjective.As i have said before, Hagar is a lil' higher on the register but Dave has way better mastery his voice.He owns the lower range and can get way up there as well.Hagar is also boring as fuck to watch on stage in his big bird yellow PJ's.Dave has STYLE baby
                              I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                              Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• slimdon
                                Roadie
                                • Feb 2004

Spammy Continues His Mudslinging...

Here's the link to the latest Rolling Stone article (exerpts from Spam's book). I'm sorry if this has already been posted.

Comment

Working...