• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

i have to redo the last one.

gonna see if i can find a couple more of the Rotund Rocker's appearances and chop 'em up.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Video: Sammy Hagar’s weird National Anthem at AT&T Park

Former Van Halen frontman Sammy Hagar says he had never performed the National Anthem at a sporting event before kicking off Saturday's World Series ring ceremony for the San Francisco Giants. That was a little hard to believe, though not after seeing the video of Hagar's rambling rendition with the guitarist who played that one song, Joe Satriani.

Shoulda stayed in Cabo, Sammy:

Oh, there are so many questions here: Why does Hagar keep walking around like he's working the front of the stage during an encore of Why Can't This Be Love? Is he mumbling half of the lyrics because he forgot them or just never knew them (like the second verse of Auld Lang Syne)? Was anyone else disappointed that he didn't scream Mas Tequila! at the end?

The only thing that we can be certain of is that Eddie Van Halen is cackling out loud somewhere. Though probably not because of this YouTube video.

"I just hope I can hit them notes," Hagar told MLB.com before the performance. "It's a tough to sing, you know? I can sing so much higher. All these rock (songs), screaming and yelling. But the melody is so strict and so restricting for a singer that I'm nervous."
      In fairness to Hagar, it's indeed a difficult song to sing and the AT&T Park crowd —amped for the approaching ring ceremony — showed their appreciation at the end.

But we're also not the only ones who thought Hagar whiffed at a ballpark normally inhabited by Journey's Steve Perry.

David Lee Roth, a nation turns its lonely eyes to you.

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Guitar Shark
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

LOL. I didn't think it was that bad, actually, but that writeup is fucking classic. LMAO @ "Was anyone else disappointed that he didn't scream Mas Tequila! at the end?"

The one thing that was truly bad about his performance was the fact that he didn't stand still. I laughed out loud watching the cameraman trying to follow him while he shuffled back and forth. Nervousness probably.
        ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
        Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• lesfunk
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

What a douche . Everybody faces the flag while hagar faces the cameras.
          http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

White trash celebrating white trash. Can't get anymore mom, apple pie and baseball than that.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2004

Are you saying America's #1 past time is for white trash?
              Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2004

Hagar blew huge chunks. Almost as bad as this abomination...

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

No. I'm saying it takes white trash to recognize and cheer for white trash.

Comment

• DlocRoth
                    ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

What a fat fuck....

Hey Spammy! Black is the slimming color, you fool.
                    Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2004

Round Rocket re-enacts his alien "encounter"...

http://youtu.be/VDAEhS_aFWQ

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

Fucking idiot was on Jimmy Fallon or Jimmy Kimmel last night. Which one I forgot, cause I do not give a fuck.

The one thing that tripped me out though was that in the synopsis in the cable guide it said "Guests include blah blah, and author Sammy Hagar".

So now the fool thinks he is some kind of literary genius? Christ, when will it end?

Comment

• Antman
                          Commando
                          • Jan 2004

Sammy and His Biographer: Two Peas in a Pod

His author seems like a douche just like Sammy. Check out the posts by Adam that points out every "inaccuracy" by sammy.
                          When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

'Every' inaccuracy? That would be everything he says.....not sure I want to spend the rest of my life listening to his inane mumblings....

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

God....that was a stellar post.

Spamulus must have a small penis.

His inferiority complex is so extreme that he has to lie as much as possible, because the truth is the 900-pound gorilla sitting on his shoulder.....the truth that if he had not jumped into the VH camp, his career would have been dead by the end of the 80s....the grunge movement would have been the nail in the coffin.

Who on Earth can have respect for a fat, lying cheeseball tequila salesman like that?

Not only are his 'songs' (if you want to call his inarticulate attempts at songwriting) second-rate baby pabulum, but he KNOWS they are lame pieces of asswipe.

What a fucking useless tool.

The only reason he published the book was so people might possibly pay attention to him again. Everyone was beginning to ignore him, and again, it bothered the fuck out of him.

What do you wanna bet he starts trying to muscle into the movie business once people begin to ignore him again after his book sales stall?
                              Last edited by Hardrock69; 04-26-2011, 11:36 PM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Great post by Adam.

Anyone watching the soap opera for a while should know that Hagar is fat little liar and always has been.

I hope a journalist somewhere at some point will grow a backbone and ask some questions now that this guy has neatly packaged it up for them.

I doubt they will but you live in hope...

Adam says:
                                APRIL 26TH, 2011 AT 2:50 PM
                                I’m a longtime fan of BOTH VH singers and longtime commenter at VHND. I thought I knew Sammy before this book came out, but I simply can not believe how much he lies in the book! Is he lying about Eddie? I don’t know because I wasn’t there. All the lies that I spotted are lies that any knowledgeable fan could spot. He is shamelessly rewriting history. I have numbered the lies I spotted below:

1) Page 54: “…the first Montrose album has sold more than 4 million records over the years.” According to the RIAA, it’s certified just ONE million. (Worldwide sales are barely more than USA sales for all Hagar’s albums).

2) PAGE 78: “I sold out the Oakland Coliseum that Fourth of July” [1980]. He fails to mention that he was on the bill with 4 other bands, three of which were hugely popular at the time: Blue Oyster Cult, REO Speedwagen, and Triumph, (and also Randy Hanson). Hagar conveniently implies he sold it out by himself.

3) PAGE 80: [In 1982]: “We went out on tour, headlining arenas, double nights in a lot of places.” From my years working in concert promotion at Electric Factory in Philly in the ’80?s (a huge concert promoter back then), I have the list of Sammy’s 1982 tour dates straight from Pollstar. There was only ONE city listed where he played twice: San Francisco. Again, he is lying through his fake teeth.

4-7) Page 90 contains one incredible paragraph that is the biggest pile of bullshit I’ve ever read relating to Van Halen in my life!:

“The tour for VOA was my most successful. I sold out arenas everywhere, two, three, or four nights some places, one of the top grossing tours in 1984–right up there with Van Halen, who broke at the same time with “Jump” and all that. I remember getting an award in Portland, Oregon. I sold out two nights and got the Show of the year. Van Halen was runner-up. We were neck-and-neck on the road. My album was 1.6 million, but they ended up selling 10 million records.”

4) “VAN HALEN “BROKE” WITH JUMP IN 1984?? How he belittles VH’s earlier success! I was under the impression that they broke in 1978, when they exploded with their earth-shattering debut, rewriting the rules for rock music and sold 2 million copies right out of the gate! Ed was winning every guitar player award in site. In only their first year, VH far eclipsed everything that Montrose & Hagar ever did. Everyone was talking about VH in ’78, and NO ONE was talking about Hagar or Montrose.

5) “I SOLD OUT ARENAS EVERYWHERE, TWO, THREE, FOUR NIGHTS IN SOME PLACES, ONE OF THE TOP GROSSING TOURS IN 1984–RIGHT UP THERE WITH VAN HALEN”.

Wow. With this statement, Hagar completely abandons any mindset that the “truth” is sacred. He is SHAMELESSLY rewriting history here. VAN HALEN was the monster that was selling out multiple arenas, not him! Hagar COULDN’T EVEN PLAY most cities on the east coast because he simply wasn’t popular over there. Hagar could sell out arenas in the midwest and in California, and that’s practically it. His VOA tour was his biggest tour ever, yet he played ONE night in each city except for places where he was big, such as St. Louis, Dallas, and San Fran, where he played two nights. He was playing ONE night in virtually every city (not 2-4), and overall, he played smaller venues than where VH was booked, and sold far less tickets in those venues. The VH tour was a 100% sell-out virtually everywhere, and on the other hand, Hagar had plenty of cities where he could only sell 30%-50% of the tickets, even after “I Can’t Drive 55″.

6) “We [VH & his band in 1984] were neck-and-neck on the road.” On what planet? Anyone who was alive during the ’80′s knows that Van Halen was infinitely more popular than Hagar. Perhaps Hagar was the only person on EARTH who didn’t see it that way. In 1984, Van Halen was through the stratosphere – their tour absolutely dwarfed all other rock band’s tours, especially Hagar’s.

7) “I remember getting an award in Portland, Oregon. I sold out two nights and got the Show of the Year.” Again, from my years working in concert promotion, I have here Sammy’s 1982 tour dates. He played ONE night in Portland, Oregon, on 3/19/82, at the Memorial Coliseum. The dates before and after were both in Washington. No other Portland dates.

8 ) Page 113: “Before I joined the band, Van Halen didn’t have a particularly tight show. Roth would talk. They’d do another song. Ed would play a 20 minute guitar solo. They would do another song. Roth would talk some more, another song, Al would do a drum solo for 30 minutes. On the 1984 tour…they were doing 8 songs in a 2 hour show. They ended every song the same way.”

Any fan who reads this who either saw Van Halen before Sammy joined, or owns ANY amount of old Van Halen bootlegs, knows that every single thing Sammy said in that paragraph is complete bullshit. EVH’s solo was always around 10 minutes. Alex’s was always 3-4 minutes. They always did 16 songs, not counting solos. VH was a well-oiled machine, a stellar production, and tightly choreographed – the exact opposite of what Sam describes. Again, he is shamelessly rewriting history to try to diminish what Van Halen was before he joined.

9) Page 121: “The record [Sammy's solo album "I Never Said Goodbye"] went platinum immediately.”

As of today, 4/26/11, it has only been certified Gold status w/ the RIAA.

10) Page 122: “We [VH in 1986] were selling out four nights in arenas anywhere.” Although the 5150 tour was a smashing success, and they occasionally would sell 2, 3 or even 4 nights in certain cities, the band played ONE night vast majority of cities. Also, the 5150 tour wasn’t as big as the 1984 tour, which had the band playing one additional night in several cities than they were on the 5150 tour.

11) Page 173: “The fans went against Roth. He died a quick death as a solo artist.” [When he went solo in 1985]

I would say that most current VH fans are under the impression that Hagar’s solo career has been more successful than Roth’s. However, if you want to measure the success with ALBUM SALES, Roth’s solo career has actually been more successful than Hagar’s! Roth’s first 3 albums went Platinum (Crazy From The Heat in ’85, Eat ‘EM And Smile in ’86, and Skyscraper in ’87). Hagar, however, never had could match that success – he never had 3 consecutive Platinum solo albums… just 3 consecutive GOLD albums, and then later in 1987 released another one that only went gold, with the help of Eddie playing bass. Hagar’s solo career simply was never as big as Roth’s was in the ’80′s. Roth was consistently platinum, while Hagar was consistently gold.

12) Page 222: When Irving Azoff told Hagar that the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame wanted to induct Van Halen, but only the Roth-version of the band, Hagar says, “I went nuts on Irving. I was in the band longer than Roth. He was in Van Halen seven years. I was with them eleven years. I sold more records than he did. How could they do that to me?”

He is wrong on both counts. Roth was in VH for 12 years (’74-’85) and VH sold twice as many albums with Roth than with Hagar. (See RIAA.com).

13) Page 234: Sammy says that, before he joined VH, “I was selling out multiple arenas, had five platinum albums in a row on Geffen, and I was ripe to join Van Halen when they asked…”

I already went over the “multiple arenas” bull. As for “5 platinum albums in a row on Geffen”? He had only 3 Geffen albums, and none were platinum:

1981 Standing Hampton – Gold as of 1985.

1982 Three Lock Box – Gold to this day.

1984 V.O.A. – Gold as of mid-1985.

Those are all the major lies that I can detect, just as a fan. I can’t even imagine how many more lies are in the book that the fans would have no way of detecting.

Hagar wants all the fans to think that he was hugely successful BEFORE he joined VH, as if joining them wasn’t necessarily the thing that catapulted his career. In countless interviews, he states that his solo albums were going platinum before VH.

This is all a lie. In reality, NONE of his solo albums went platinum by the time he joined VH in mid 1985. Sure, as of 2011, 3 of his albums have gone platinum (Montrose, Standing Hampton, and V.O.A.). But Hampton didn’t go platinum ’till 1992, V.O.A. didn’t go platinum until Nov. ’85, and Montrose didn’t until many years later, either.

YES, Hagar was (moderately) successful before VH, and good for him!! Why can’t he just be satisfied with the success that he truly DID have and just be HONEST about everything in his book? It’s because his ego and his insecurity can’t handle the truth.

Sammy’s all about HIMSELF. He belittles Roth and Eddie to try to seem better than them. He belittles the legacy that Roth, Ed, Al, & Mike created together, just to make HIS years in VH seem better. I find his behavior disgusting and immoral. Nothing outside of HIMSELF is sacred to him, and certainly not Van Halen! Ironically, his very own autobiography shattered my respect of him.
                                Last edited by Seshmeister; 04-26-2011, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Working...