X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
    Did MTV ever have the claymation Celebrity Death Match of those 2? I can't remember one. Those were funny. Right when MTV was turning to shit though.
    That's the first thing I thought of when reading Dan's post. If ever there was a perfect setting, that would have been it. What surprised the crap out of me just now was learning that the show was being produced up until 2007, as a revival started in 2005, years after the original been canceled. I'd never seen a single episode of these "new" shows.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• fifth element
      Commando
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dan
      Put Dave And Spammy In A Ring And Let Them Go For It.
      not even a fight.....
      Seriously...I can see Hagar running...
      “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by fifth element
        not even a fight.....
        Seriously...I can see Hagar running...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ace diamond
          Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

sammy hagar gets his ass kicked by dlr once again.......
          i've actually seen this before.
          Originally posted by hideyoursheep
          When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
          "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
            Lesbians make me cringe...
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ashstralia
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Feb 2004

what was it dave said.... got no probs with lesbians as long as they're both hot. mmmmm

Comment

• vanhalen1r2
                Head Fluffer
                • May 2006

Shammy Fagar has cemented his status as the world biggest smelly cunt of alltime, I'm so sick of this douche bag excuse of a singer had it not been for EVH Fagar would have been long forgotten.

This sour grapes shit with this clown has no end.
                “A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.”

Comment

• fifth element
                  Commando
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by chefcraig
                  lol...i see....too stupid to run...stands there and gets his ass kicked.
                  “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• ashstralia
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Feb 2004

and let's not forget what a shithouse lyricist he is... comparing the genius of dlr to that is like.. like... well, you just can't.

Comment

• fifth element
                      Commando
                      • Nov 2010

as far as lesbians....
                      have known several....some good people, ...
                      one....selfish as hell

but overall, people are people are people.....

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                        Is it just me but....the older I get the more annoyed I am by this guy.

Seems he has a compulsive need to get his side of the story out every time he speaks.......has he done an interview [since joining Van Hagar] where he doesn't mention VH or Dave in a negative light.

The guy would be a B-list rock star at best had he not joined VH......he should be kissing their asses at every opportunity, like bassplayer usually does.

Would the guy ever have gotten in the Hall of Lame as a solo "artist"?
                        I dunno...seems like the more time passes, the less anything Hagar has to say about Van Halen even matters.

I mean, the 2004 tour was a shoddy affair and Ed wasn't in great condition from the get-go. Yet Hagar didn't have the integrity to pass on the opportunity to burnish his mediocre credentials by playing with Van Halen once again, even though the performances were subpar. He did the entire tour, collected his money THEN decided to trash the Van Halens and the tour in the press.

Yes, quite interesting how spring of 1996 to fall of 2003, the period in which Hagar was out of contact with EVH, becomes "ten years". Although in no way inconsistent with Hagar's long history of exaggerating sales figures, tour grosses and the like. Why lie when you don't need to? I mean, the guy is financially successful, and even the most ardent anti-Van Hagar fan can't honestly claim that Van Halen didn't sell quite a few records when Sam was in the band. So why bullshit?

Hagar just can't come to grips with the fact that Van Halen made better music when Roth was in the band, and that the CVH era is really the only one that matters to the public at large. I mean, no matter how much money he made off selling his tequila business or whatever else, Hagar is still firmly in Roth's shadow (as well he should be, because Roth plain has more talent) and always will be; no amount of booze sales or lies in interviews are ever gonna erase that. But hey, there's no shame in being a rock star with mediocre-to-average talent who has, despite his limitations, managed to make quite a bit of money by (in part) riding someone else's coattails (EVH and DLR). It's more than most people who wanna become rock stars ever achieve. Just because he coasted for a decade on what another group of people built from nothing is no reason for him to still be bitter...I mean, the guy IS the lead singer of Chickenfoot after all...
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Terry
                          I dunno...seems like the more time passes, the less anything Hagar has to say about Van Halen even matters.

I mean, the 2004 tour was a shoddy affair and Ed wasn't in great condition from the get-go. Yet Hagar didn't have the integrity to pass on the opportunity to burnish his mediocre credentials by playing with Van Halen once again, even though the performances were subpar. He did the entire tour, collected his money THEN decided to trash the Van Halens and the tour in the press.

Yes, quite interesting how spring of 1996 to fall of 2003, the period in which Hagar was out of contact with EVH, becomes "ten years". Although in no way inconsistent with Hagar's long history of exaggerating sales figures, tour grosses and the like. Why lie when you don't need to? I mean, the guy is financially successful, and even the most ardent anti-Van Hagar fan can't honestly claim that Van Halen didn't sell quite a few records when Sam was in the band. So why bullshit?

Hagar just can't come to grips with the fact that Van Halen made better music when Roth was in the band, and that the CVH era is really the only one that matters to the public at large. I mean, no matter how much money he made off selling his tequila business or whatever else, Hagar is still firmly in Roth's shadow (as well he should be, because Roth plain has more talent) and always will be; no amount of booze sales or lies in interviews are ever gonna erase that. But hey, there's no shame in being a rock star with mediocre-to-average talent who has, despite his limitations, managed to make quite a bit of money by (in part) riding someone else's coattails (EVH and DLR). It's more than most people who wanna become rock stars ever achieve. Just because he coasted for a decade on what another group of people built from nothing is no reason for him to still be bitter...I mean, the guy IS the lead singer of Chickenfoot after all...
                          terry, it would be my doobiest honor to purchase you an adult beverage of your choice someday
                          Last edited by PETE'S BROTHER; 02-11-2011, 10:36 PM. Reason: boobs
                          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• vh rides again
                            Commando
                            • Dec 2006

sammy can talk all he wants about eddie vanhalen and dave.

The truth is that sammy got lucky as hell to be where he is at today and he got there holding onto eddie vanhalens beltloop.
                            Eddie is a national treasure, Dave is a self made rock and roll God.

sammy is just an fat,ugly piece of shit. those are my old ladies words, not mine. she said he looks like a retard.

Comment

• ashstralia
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                              terry, it would be my doobiest honor to purchase you an adult beverage of your choice someday
                              +1 on that.

Comment

• jtw5150
                                Full On Cocktard
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                                It's amazing that Fair Warning, perhaps the best CVH record, sold only 2 million copies. I know there weren't any "hits" on the record but come on...
                                I'm glad to be part of the only 2 million who "get it".....

Comment

Working...