X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by FORD
    You can buy a bag of burgers with cheese and jalapeno bits stuck in them at Safeway for $5 or so, and get 6 burgers out of it.
    I assume you are speaking of those frozen, box 'o' burgers packages. They are OK in a pinch, like when you are serving a boatload of people, but man...you need to dump some liquid smoke or worcester sauce all over them to make them taste like anything resembling meat.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Actually, I put my usual #1 choice of condiment on them (since there aren't nearly enough jalapenos in them)......

That said, I don't eat them often, because (as you pointed out above) like most processed foods, there's way too much goddamn sodium in them, and I'm trying to keep the blood pressure down.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by chefcraig
        Here's a look at the nutritional info from the Burger King site. The American Heart Association recommends that you choose and prepare foods with little or no salt to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, and aim to eat less than 1,500 mg of sodium per day. This sucker has 1250 in each burger.

BK STUFFED STEAKHOUSE
        That actually makes McDonalds look healthy...

Comment

• fifth element
          Commando
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          The funny thing is that statistically 9 out of 10 people actually enjoy gang rape.
          Statitistically, people have found that you can get statistics to say anything you want them to by polling the right group of people...
          “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Here's a look at the nutritional info from the Burger King site. The American Heart Association recommends that you choose and prepare foods with little or no salt to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, and aim to eat less than 1,500 mg of sodium per day. This sucker has 1250 in each burger.

BK STUFFED STEAKHOUSE
            I just looked up the Ultimate Cheeseburger at Jack in the Box, and it's even worse......

1426 mg of sodium in that motherfucker. 1838 if you get it with bacon.

Jack's drive through is open really late around here and it used to be the first stop after the bar for me and my friends back in the day. Guess that explains how my blood pressure got high in the first place.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Guitar Shark
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

I'm sure the "BCE" didn't help your blood pressure either, FORD...
              ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
              Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• kwame k
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Feb 2008

Carl’s Jr. Six Dollar Burger
                890 calories
                54 g fat (20 g saturated, 2 g trans)
                2,040 mg sodium

That's an artery clogging bastard right there.
                Originally posted by vandeleur
                E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Go see Supersize me if you haven't already. They take blood from Spurlock after he ate a bunch of that mess and there was a layer of goop hovering over his blood. Ok, probably not the best enticement to see it.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Has anyone seen the ads for Burger King's new Stuffed Steakhouse burger? It has these bits of cheese and jalapeños in it, which at first seems sort of interesting until you realize that you are getting less meat. Besides, I've never prepared a burger like that without the cheese melting, so what is preventing it doing so in this case?

Is that the before or after photo?

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Oh, where's fat Jerod when you need him?

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Kristy
                        Oh, where's fat Jerod when you need him?
                        "playing" guitar at a coffeshop in cali somewhere....
                        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Candy Girl

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
                          Go see Supersize me if you haven't already. They take blood from Spurlock after he ate a bunch of that mess and there was a layer of goop hovering over his blood. Ok, probably not the best enticement to see it.
                          That is called "lipemia" or a lipemic specimen. When the blood is spun (centrifuged) in a tube the lipids separate out and float to the top. It's gross and chunky looking and a lot of the times the simple act of drawing blood on these people hemolyzes the red cells making the specimen look like strawberry quick. Nasty.

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                            Jack's drive through is open really late around here and it used to be the first stop after the bar for me and my friends back in the day. Guess that explains how my blood pressure got high in the first place.
                            Yeah, cut the crap from your diet. Exercise such as a walk around the block and grapefruit juice will help to lower your high blood pressure.

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                              I want an illegal alien to rape your ****** ass and then put you in crosshairs, make a target of you and shoot you in the head. Then bomb the evidence.
                              Black Suburbans are surrounding your trailer at this very moment...

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                                Yeah, cut the crap from your diet. Exercise such as a walk around the block and grapefruit juice will help to lower your high blood pressure.
                                Actually, what worked for me more than anything was switching from coffee to tea. Though exercise and cutting sodium definitely help too. Never thought about the grapefruit juice, but I'll try it. Why the hell not? It's natural.

Also, hawthorn works better than any prescription medication for blood pressure, and can be found at any decent drug or health food/supplements store.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...