Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unchainme
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2005

I went to a church event done by a neighbor, about good friday, and christs crucifiction, and it sort of reminded me of what that was supposed to be all about.

God sent his only son, because he loved the world, and wanted to ensure that those that believed him could be saved..

Jesus was never about hatred when he was on this planet, hell, the people he often helped were prostitutes, homosexuals (yup, Fred, Jesus was a "Fag Enabler"), greedy bankers.

It's truly a great message if used in the way it was intended, and many people who've helped me in my life have been Christians. It's kind of why I'm extremely disgusted with these people. They've wasted what could have been a great opportunity to help those in need, to selfishly act like Zealots, and twist the words of Christ to fit their own agenda. Which, is why it will be amusing to see them one day walk to the Pearly Gates and be denied.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

I just have a hard time believing I'm fucked because someone took a bite out of an apple. I was taught that Jesus had to come down and get tortured to death so save us from being fucked because someone ate an apple. As a little kid I pretty much thought the grown ups had gone mad.

One day at church our Sunday school teacher was sick so we had to sit with our parents in the adult Sunday school. They always had some learned ego maniac who liked to teach run the show. It was usually a college professor, a lawyer, or a medical doctor all out to impress their peers at church how wonderful they were at teaching the gosphel. Anyways, the subject was did Adam really sin because if he didn't bite the apple, we would have had no mortal experience and if Jesus didn't come down to save our asses because of Adam, we would be fucked. I watched all these adults get into serious discussions about the matter and started to think these were the dumbest adults I had ever seen. I knew the whole story was bullshit because it was just plain stupid. I couldn't believe educated, modern people still believed in such hocus pocus but then if you involve money, family, and community pressure you can make people jump through all sorts of hoops. They really don't think, they just jump through the hoop because that is what everyone else is doing and they don't want to draw negative attention to themselves. Once a religion gets established in the society at that level, anyone who is believed to have authority can manipulate the people quite easily. Religion like banking or politics is controlled by a few people behind the curtain. All three of these areas are closely related actually. No wonder the ancient temples also functioned as banks. It's all the same shit. It amazes me that people think a piece of paper is worth something as well.
      Last edited by Nitro Express; 04-22-2011, 11:16 AM.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ashstralia
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Feb 2004

great post, nitro. and jesus' message of 'suffer the children' might've been slightly misconstrued by a catholic priest or two over the years....

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Unchainme
          (yup, Fred, Jesus was a "Fag Enabler")
          That's idiotic...

Jesus said "go and sin no more."

Not go and stick your dick up more asses...

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ashstralia
            and jesus' message of 'suffer the children'
            I never heard that one...

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              I just have a hard time believing I'm fucked because someone took a bite out of an apple.
              It wasn't an apple and you seem to have totally missed the entire point...

And there was no talking snake as Sesh and his noodle god so often like to suggest...

Comment

• ashstralia
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Feb 2004

yeah, i'm no biblical scholar but i was referring to; "And they brought young children to Him, that He should touch them: and His disciples rebuked those that brought them. But when Jesus saw it, He was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto Me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God"
                (Mark 10:13-14).

i always took that to mean that the the disciples said to the parents of the kids, 'hey piss off. our jesus dude is a busy man.'
                but jesus was all like, 'chill mofo's, the kids are cool, man' or something like that.
                Last edited by ashstralia; 04-22-2011, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Children are very important to God and Jesus was stressing that point...

The deciples were perplexed by many of Jesus' actions...

Comment

• Satan
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                    It wasn't an apple and you seem to have totally missed the entire point...

And there was no talking snake as Sesh and his noodle god so often like to suggest...
                    Actually it was a pomegranate. And I was dressed up as a snake. I always thought it was one of my better entrances, to be honest.
                    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• ashstralia
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Feb 2004

i was being a bit clever there elvis, but i always got the impression jesus was making a reference to the inherent innocence of children, and that we should try to hold on to that innocence as adults.

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

That's true as well...

The Bible says you will not see the kingdom unless you allow yourself to be like children...

Comment

• ashstralia
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Feb 2004

i'm sure he'll fill us in soon.

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                            Children are very important to God and Jesus was stressing that point...
                            Yet if they are so important, how come so many of them endure molestation, disease, explotation or senseless deaths in such high numbers each and every year? And please don't say that it's "God's will, part of some "larger plan" or other notion that will lead to a circular, utterly pointless argument.

And you must show your work as well.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Study the Bible with an open mind and an open heart and it will open up to you...

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by chefcraig
                                Yet if they are so important, how come so many of them endure molestation, disease, explotation or senseless deaths in such high numbers each and every year? And please don't say that it's "God's will, part of some "larger plan" or other notion that will lead to a circular, utterly pointless argument.

And you must show your work as well.
                                Because quite a lot of people FUCKING SUCK!

Comment

Working...