OLD NEWS: JEEZUS! DOES hAGAR EVER FUCKING STOP?????

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Julius
    So you want me to start another site war? Fuck that, and I'm not going to register over there.

I love how you quickly post a reply and then log out. Fucking pussy.
    Yeah, I guess I am a pussy for going to bed around 12:30 AM and going to work about 5 hours later. Being an old fart, I just don't have the stamina for being a douchebag on the internet late into the evening, but I can manage to be one during daylight hours. It is kinda funny however, that you'd consider me the wimp here, when you obviously don't have the sack to follow through on your convictions, and instead run to the ARMY to whine about what is said at another site like a scared little child. Even better, when called out for your questionable behavior, rather than manning up, you point the finger at me, as if that somehow proves something.

Look, if this crap is so important to you, then go fight your own war, and show the results of your work. After all, it was you that brought it up in the first place. Rather than whining like a bitch about what someone says at another site, go out and engage the enemy. Otherwise the only pussy in evidence is YOU.

Cool dude gets awarded super mod powers and then goes around lecturing people. Geez.
    Yup, it's a great gig, yet I don't quite get what you mean by "powers". Although you probably imagine that I can now see through walls and outrun locomotives, the truth is all I get out of it is a larger avatar. And since you apparently never noticed, I've always lectured people, whether I was wearing a cape or not.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Calling people names and fighting on the internets is like winning a gold at the special olympics.... you're still fucking retarded. Just sayin...
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Looking at the thread over there what Brett said wasn't that bad in context anyhow.

I think it's pretty funny though that Van Halen are about to tour again and out of the two main sites our name is wrong to pick up new interest and at the other one the webmaster isn't very interested anyway and now has a Chickenshit avatar.

Comment

• Dan
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

He Was Happy I Made a Comment About It.
          First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Julius
            Foot Soldier
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
            Yeah, I guess I am a pussy for going to bed around 12:30 AM and going to work about 5 hours later. Being an old fart, I just don't have the stamina for being a douchebag on the internet late into the evening, but I can manage to be one during daylight hours. It is kinda funny however, that you'd consider me the wimp here, when you obviously don't have the sack to follow through on your convictions, and instead run to the ARMY to whine about what is said at another site like a scared little child. Even better, when called out for your questionable behavior, rather than manning up, you point the finger at me, as if that somehow proves something.

Look, if this crap is so important to you, then go fight your own war, and show the results of your work. After all, it was you that brought it up in the first place. Rather than whining like a bitch about what someone says at another site, go out and engage the enemy. Otherwise the only pussy in evidence is YOU.

Yup, it's a great gig, yet I don't quite get what you mean by "powers". Although you probably imagine that I can now see through walls and outrun locomotives, the truth is all I get out of it is a larger avatar. And since you apparently never noticed, I've always lectured people, whether I was wearing a cape or not.
            I guess you're not accustomed to being challenged. Wow, such anger.

Is it lonely up there in your ivory tower, Chef?

I called you out for sticking your nose where it didn't belong, lecturing Grasshopper and generally acting like a super mod prick.

Feel free to keep your opinions to yourself, others may kiss your ass but I do not seek your advice or approval.

Go ahead and respond with a snappy comeback, but I doubt you'll be seeing any thanks at the bottom of your post.

OK, point the finger at me again, I'll be here all night pops.

Julia Baugher.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Don't fuck with cooks man. When they snap they make postal workers look like kindergarden kids.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Julius
                Foot Soldier
                • Jan 2004

They tend to jerk off into the chowder.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

That and other things. A good friend of our family growing up was a chef. He was always a nice guy but then when he went into the kitchen of his restaurant he became the biggest asshole of a narcissist you ever saw. Plus, they work their asses off in hot kitchens, with other assholes, trying juggle a million things at once and if they fuck up one thing, some customer is not happy. Once they get to a certain status, they won't give in and can afford to tell people to fuck off more as long as they have their loyal set of fans. It's much like rock and roll in a way.

With the jar in plain sight, Puck politely explained that the restaurant did not have any mint jelly. The waiter persisted. Again, Puck apologized. Just to make trouble, Peel said, "But Wolf, it's right here." Puck picked up the mint jelly and threw it against a tile wall, where it shattered.

Mint jelly dripped down to the floor. Puck smiled at the waiter and said he was sorry. There was no mint jelly at Ma Maison.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                    Don't fuck with cooks man. When they snap they make postal workers look like kindergarden kids.
                    Ever see the movie "Waiting"??

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Nope. I just grew up in a small resort town where restaurants were a huge piece of the local economy. A lot of people I knew worked in that industry. Typically the chef types are the ones who would kill the customers if they were out there waiting tables.

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

I guess you're not accustomed to being challenged. Wow, such anger.

Is it lonely up there in your ivory tower, Chef?

I called you out for sticking your nose where it didn't belong, lecturing Grasshopper and generally acting like a super mod prick.

Feel free to keep your opinions to yourself, others may kiss your ass but I do not seek your advice or approval.

Go ahead and respond with a snappy comeback, but I doubt you'll be seeing any thanks at the bottom of your post.

OK, point the finger at me again, I'll be here all night pops.

Julia Baugher.
                        Ya know something? Now that I've had some time for the hangover to clear my addled and ancient mind (looking through my glasses was like looking through an ice cube) and seeing things for what they were, you were right. I was guilty of stepping over a line that I drew for myself a few years ago, that of pretty much ignoring what takes place at other fan sites. Like you, I'd had my fill of pompous "moderators" that inflict their own personal feelings into things as opposed to the needs of the site (Ever been to a Rush forum? Sweet Jesus!). For pointing out that I was in fact being one, I thank you.

And I also apologize for being a dick. There is nothing quite so humbling for someone as to realize they had become something that they had at one time actively despised.

Thanks again, and be well.

chef

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Fuckin' Hagar.

Always has to try and keep a toe in the game.

Sad part is, he most likely has no direct communication with the Van Halens, so the only way he can let them know that he'll work with them again is by stating it in interviews.

Would be willing to bet Hagar is speculating that since it's taken so long for the band to release any new music that there are problems with Dave again.

It's very considerate of Hagar to let the Van Halens and the rest of us know that he's available.

I'm sure Ed was considering dumping Roth for Hagar, but was concerned about the Chickenfoot timetable (that makes at least one person outside of the Chickenfoot band members themselves who actually IS concerned about said timetable). As an added bonus, Hagar knows a bass player who is rumored to be able to actually play much of Van Halen's catalog (unlike Van Halen's current bass mime...er...player).

I can't blame Hagar in a way. Joining Van Halen was the one move in his life that enabled him to latch onto a name that stood for excellence. Hagar got the benefit of being associated with that excellence by the very fact of his joining...point of order, him joining was his ONLY association with excellence. The music Hagar made with Van Halen was like much of his solo work; mediocre. If I think about it, I actually prefer some of what Hagar was doing pre-1986 than anything he ever did either as a member of Van Halen or after he left the band.

By all means, I hope Hagar DOES rejoin Van Halen. Why the fuck not? Considering Ed's logic, it'd be the sensible move to make right now. I'm sure concertgoers and promoters would be eager to invest in a tour like the last Van Hagar reunion (half-filled arenas listening to the non-definitive version of Van Halen while promoters lose a bundle due to oversized band guarantees).

Fuck it. If Dave and the boys ain't gonna do anything new, might as well have another Van Halen train wreck. It'd give a jolt to the boards, if nothing else.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Dan
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Brett,It's Ok For You To Post Here.
                            First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Dang Chef. Way to sack up there. Good job. We could always use more of that attitude around here.

But instead of just apologizing for being a dick in that post, you should have said anytime past, present, or future. Then anytime you feel the need, you just post the link to this one. Save you from a lot of typing.
                              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                                Dang Chef. Way to sack up there. Good job. We could always use more of that attitude around here.
                                Chef's a good man.
                                Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

Working...