X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
    I find it still odd and fascinating traveling to states where weed is legal...

On a recent trip to California I noted that the place seems overrun with skunks, constantly smelling them. But they've evolved there... normally silent creatures, they make an odd sound similar to a Bic lighter now...
    Oh the rich parts of California are still enjoyable. Spent some time in Newport Beach not too long ago. But man. Drive around the rest of Orange and LA Counties and it's gone downhill hard since the 1970's. Long Beach used to be a nice town but it sucks now. Traffic on the 405 sucks too. Had a business meeting in Culver City and it was a bitch getting up there.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Yeah San Diego has turned into a shit hole as well...
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

San Diego used to be a small sleepy town with great weather. Yeah my neighbors had a condo downtown by Horton Plaza and sold it and live here full time now. A lot of Californians have done it. The thing is even in the nice areas nobody had done road maintenance on the residential streets. You go around the Hollywood hills. You go around the Silicon Valley and the black top is checkered and falling apart in a mild climate. For the tax revenues they get there those streets should be pristine. I bet sone streets haven’t been paved in 50 years. Nobody in the South Bay even bothers to go up to San Francisco anymore. It’s a shithole. SF used to be the weekend getaway. Not now.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Anyways we have a family reunion in Mission Beach next week so I’m off to San Diego Sunday.

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

On a recent trip to California I noted that the place seems overrun with skunks, constantly smelling them. But they've evolved there... normally silent creatures, they make an odd sound similar to a Bic lighter now...
            Been to Denvoid recently?

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
              The one thing Biden did NOT address in his statement was the ability of weed stores in "legal" states to use the same type of banking services that any other retail business can use. Because of the federal prohibition, they have had to remain cash-only businesses, which makes them targets for armed robbery.
              There's a weed store on the fringes of Denvoid County that every time I go by it always has the windows boarded up and now they hired a goon squad security service. It's really not about "investors" or maybe it is in that investors want to move onto nicer neighborhoods with higher incomes so they can sell The Devil's Lettuce to suburbanites. It's really a pain to buy weed around here anymore and most of it is way overpriced and is complete shit.

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

LoDo is a "shithole" mainly due to transplants (Texans and Californians) who have destroyed Colorado. Gentrification is a god damn eyesore and mix that in with fucktards who openly spark up because they feel entitled to. Denvoid just sucks anymore.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Too bad. Denver was a lot of fun in the 80's but then so was California.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Even Oahu sucks these days. Know a few people who said fuck it and moved to the big Island. Maui might have improved since Sammy Hagar sold his property there and moved out.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                      There's a weed store on the fringes of Denvoid County that every time I go by it always has the windows boarded up and now they hired a goon squad security service. It's really not about "investors" or maybe it is in that investors want to move onto nicer neighborhoods with higher incomes so they can sell The Devil's Lettuce to suburbanites. It's really a pain to buy weed around here anymore and most of it is way overpriced and is complete shit.
                      Contraband is always better. Let's make pot illegal again.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                        Been to Denvoid recently?
                        Other than a 2 hour layover for a flight last spring... nope. Never cared much for Denver. Lived in Colorado Springs 85-89. It's grown massively since and not for the better.
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Never cared much for Denver.
                          Now if all the Texas and Californian transplants thought the same way

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Who the fuck was going to believe that weed had 46% THC. That's twice what the "high THC" strains have around here
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Other than a 2 hour layover for a flight last spring... nope. Never cared much for Denver. Lived in Colorado Springs 85-89. It's grown massively since and not for the better.
                                I lived in Cherry Hills just south of Denver. Enjoyed it. But yeah I’ve heard Denver suffers from urban sprawl and the retardation that comes from it. I don’t miss the lightning storms though.

Comment

Working...