Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Jerry had a huge ego and could rub people wrong. He probably made enemies within the organization and snubbing him was their way of hurting him. This sort of shit goes on all the time. The bottom line is what the public thinks of you in the end. That's were legacy comes from, not some administrators in an organization. I say keep your money and give it to another organization. They aren't the only game in town and who knows how much the assholes skim for themselves. It doesn't seem like the best people are running the thing because of how they screwed Jerry in a very cruel way.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
      Yeah no shit. Great cause although you would think that after all these years and all that money they would have made some kind of break through on the damn disease.
      I wonder how much money actually went towards curing the disease. These charity organizations are notorious for administrative skimming. I really don't like to give to any organization. I will give money to people who need it directly. What these organizations have going is a reputable reference for a tax deduction. If the IRS wants to check your deductions they are going to go to that organization and see if you really donated. If you give Bill Burgerbutt some money you have less of a reputable reference. It's not so much that I want to give but damn, I need a tax deduction.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
        Seems like I remember reading that since JL is now 89 and has officially stepped down as chairman, they decided to "go in a different direction" this year. Kinda lame, they could've at least let him do a cameo or given him an honorable mention after 45 years.
        They did a little 5 minute tribute to him towards the end of the show. And then followed that up with a finale of false "patriotism" horseshit that had absolutely nothing to do with the telethon, and could have been scripted by FAUX noise itself.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• fifth element
          Commando
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          Jerry had a huge ego and could rub people wrong. He probably made enemies within the organization and snubbing him was their way of hurting him. This sort of shit goes on all the time. The bottom line is what the public thinks of you in the end. That's were legacy comes from, not some administrators in an organization. I say keep your money and give it to another organization. They aren't the only game in town and who knows how much the assholes skim for themselves. It doesn't seem like the best people are running the thing because of how they screwed Jerry in a very cruel way.
          Don't care how many peoplee he rubbed the wrong way...he has been THE MDA guy for more years than i care to think about...and agree that he should remain soo until he CHOOSES not to be or dies...whichever comes first.

bleh...some things are just wrong
          “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah, aside from what he's done for MDA and the telethon, there's the fact that the guy's the last survivor of that whole Vegas bunch from the 50's & 60's. Sinatra. Dean Martin. Sammy Davis Jr. All long gone. Jerry should fucking die on that set, if he wants to.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Diamondjimi
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2004

No shit. What a load of horseshit that move was. They replaced a comedic legend with nobody.... Epic FAIL!
              Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• conmee
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Mar 2003

Brethren and Sistren,

I agree with SESH!!!©®™

It's time to take out the fucking TRASH!!!©®™ Not just Jerry, but let's get rid of Letterman and Leno too! Put these guys out to PASTURE!!!©®™

Bring in some new legends like Dane Cook©®™ and that one dude on that one show and that girl also!!!!©®™

That is all.

Icon©®™
                An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
                hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• Hardrock69
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2005

New Legends?

There are no "new legends" in those fields.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Who are going to be the legendary movie stars in the future?

Orlando Bloom and Shia LaBeouf are this generations replacements for Clint Eastwood and Sean Connery?

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                      Yeah no shit. Great cause although you would think that after all these years and all that money they would have made some kind of break through on the damn disease.
                      Supposedly, Jerry has said he will not die until there's a cure for MD, God told him or something. I wish I could find the quote....it was surreal and it was his explanation as to why he did the telethon and why he would continue.
                      Last edited by kwame k; 09-08-2011, 01:02 PM.
                      Originally posted by vandeleur
                      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

Orlando Bloom and Shia LaBeouf are this generations replacements for Clint Eastwood and Sean Connery?
                        No, they're this generation's version of George Lazenby and the dude that played "Booger" in Revenge of the Nerds...
                        Originally posted by conmee
                        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                        Originally posted by eddie78
                        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• fifth element
                          Commando
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Seshmeister

that's downright sad...
                          “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by fifth element
                            Don't care how many peoplee he rubbed the wrong way...he has been THE MDA guy for more years than i care to think about...and agree that he should remain soo until he CHOOSES not to be or dies...whichever comes first.

bleh...some things are just wrong
                            In general my opinion of human beings isn't very high. I've seen too much shit in the business world and else where. People seem to be getting worse as well over the years. If you are lucky enough to live to an old age and can count your real friends on two hands you have done extremely well in this world. Real friendship has to be earned and it goes both ways. When I look at a guy like Jerry getting screwed I just kind of think, the man fucked over another one. There are lot's of Jerry's out there getting fucked over everyday. We just don't hear about it because they aren't famous. Getting fucked over is the norm now but being treated with respect and deserving of that respect is rare as hell.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

What I wanna know is how the fuck can there be no marked progress on curing MD after 2.5 BILLION FUCKING DOLLARS has been raised? I know they have expenses to pay and not all of that money goes towards research, but I don't trust the MDA people and I think someone (or many someones) has a vested interest in keeping MD around so they can fill their wallet.

It's ashame that someone's fatal and/or crippling disease is somebody else's cash cow.

Just like Cancer, Inc.
                              Originally posted by perilouspete
                              fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well, also, just like cancer, there are many different variants of muscular dystrophy. So it's not a matter of finding a cure for "one" disease. Of course big pharma probably plays into it, as they do into everything.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...