Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rebel
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Feb 2004

I have the new Aloha DVD, I've watched it about a million times, it's really good. The uncut version (with the new angles) is really great, very enjoyable.

I got a boot DVD of the 68 special made from the NBC master tape, it's just the original show uncut, with a few Spanish subtitles I may still buy the 68 box, haven't decided on that yet.
    The BLASTFurnace turned me into a bitch

Comment

• Rebel
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
      No I didn't...

I might if I can find it for a good price...
      Best Buy had it for 25 the week it came out, I don't know how much it is now, I used my Best Buy rewards on it and paid a dollar or so for taxes

I'd keep an eye on ebay, sometimes after something has been out for a couple of months, you can get a good deal on something that got overstocked.

Comment

• Rikk
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Yeah, I'm gonna pick both up soon.

New angles on ALOHA, huh? Awesome. I've always loved that show. I can't wait to watch it in DTS!!!
        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rebel
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
          Yeah, I'm gonna pick both up soon.

New angles on ALOHA, huh? Awesome. I've always loved that show. I can't wait to watch it in DTS!!!
          Yea, what they did was, they took all of the original film from all the different cameras that were there and re-edited it. On the original, it was shot live, and it was a director calling out angles on the fly, like for a football game. But they went back and watched all the angles, and put it back together with the very best angles from different points of the show. It's really great, I like it alot. It also has the uncut intro to the show if your into that sort of thing. It also has the tv version.

I almost forgot, it has the complete dress rehearsal, it's like a complete new show, great stuff, Elvis is much looser in it.

Comment

• Rikk
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rebel
            Yea, what they did was, they took all of the original film from all the different cameras that were there and re-edited it. On the original, it was shot live, and it was a director calling out angles on the fly, like for a football game. But they went back and watched all the angles, and put it back together with the very best angles from different points of the show. It's really great, I like it alot. It also has the uncut intro to the show if your into that sort of thing. It also has the tv version.

I almost forgot, it has the complete dress rehearsal, it's like a complete new show, great stuff, Elvis is much looser in it.
            Wow. I didn't realize they kept all the original camera angles. That's like Zeppelin's new DVD...they ended up finding all the camera angles for KNEBWORTH and EARL'S COURT and re-edited instead of using the live camera-edit feed to the screens behind the band. Much better that way. You're right...it's always better to edit in retrospect. On-the-fly decisions can miss a bunch of good shit because no one can see into the future. And I guess it's the on-the-fly edit that has been used for thirty years of rebroadcasts.

I have the DRESS REHEARSAL CD. It's a good performance. How is it visually? Is it a lot like the final show?
            Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

K...now I've had people PMing me, FAB...and they're telling me that you're PMing them asking them to make sure they support you in your fight against me. Need troops, huh? Most of these people are laughing. I've had three people tell me in the last couple of hours that they're on my side and they think you're insane.

I thought there was no fight anymore, FAB?
              Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Rebel
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Feb 2004

I have the DRESS REHEARSAL CD. It's a good performance. How is it visually? Is it a lot like the final show?
                I've got the cd too. Elvis seems much looser from the begining of it, cracks some jokes, etc. It's a full on dress rehearsal, full house, all decked out in the same jumpsuit. I think they tried to make it really close so if anything ahppend at the show, they could maybe edit in the rehearsal, just my personal feeling. It's really good.

My fav part of the rehearsal is during the piano solo of Big Hunk O Love, Elvis starts throwing water all over the band, funny stuff.

I love Dave, he had great stage presence and was a great showman, but Elvis is untouchable, period.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

K...now I've had people PMing me, FAB...and they're telling me that you're PMing them asking them to make sure they support you in your fight against me.
                  I didn't get one.
                  ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                  Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                    I didn't get one.
                    Nope and neither did Chelle... Only Bill L and here is why...

He sent me this a few weeks ago...

Hey Fab.........listen I know we havent chatted much, and I know you dont need defenders here, but you've got one from now on. I just can't believe how much these idiots hound you....then suck each others dicks as theyre bashing you. Anyway, sammy fan or not, I think you add a lot to this site. Okay rambling over.........

and well since it;s now his buddies hiunding me I needed to know his stance now... so I sent him this...

What happens now? No that I'm on Rikk shoot to kill list? What happens with your vow of loyalty to me?

I thought it was ok to post this since were sharring pm's and all...

Comment

• Rikk
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Bill also PM'd me today (among other people) and told me he now sees you for what you are. I have not PM'd him once asking him to not support you or anything. He PM'd me and told me something to the effect of people should not put up with your shit anymore. He even sent me that PM you sent me and thought it was funny.

BTW, how are you Daddy's little sweety? And no, I'm not referring to the song lyric. You've told us your Daddy spoils you rotten. But yesterday you told us (trying to get sympathy) about your father dying in your house, or something like that. It's pretty low to bring something like that up if it has no relevance to the conversation...but I distinctly remember you saying VERY recently that your Daddy spoils you.

Care to explain? (Yes, I know...you're going to lie now)
                      Last edited by Rikk; 09-13-2004, 04:49 PM.
                      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Figs
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jun 2004

I PM'ed myself to tell me to stop being such an asshole. I replied by stating that I started it, so tough shit. Needless to say I will kick my ass the next time I see me.

Comment

• Brett
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I never get any of these PM's...I feel left out.

Comment

• Rikk
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Figs
                            I PM'ed myself to tell me to stop being such an asshole. I replied by stating that I started it, so tough shit. Needless to say I will kick my ass the next time I see me.
                            LOL! Good for you. Don't put up with any shit from FIGS...you hear me?
                            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Figs
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jun 2004

He's a dirtbag...

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

Bill also PM'd me today (among other people) and told me he now sees you for what you are. I have not PM'd him once asking him to not support you or anything. He PM'd me and told me something to the effect of people should not put up with your shit anymore. He even sent me that PM you sent me and thought it was funny.

BTW, how are you Daddy's little sweety? And no, I'm not referring to the song lyric. You've told us your Daddy spoils you rotten. But yesterday you told us (trying to get sympathy) about your father dying in your house, or something like that. It's pretty low to bring something like that up if it has no relevance to the conversation...but I distinctly remember you saying VERY recently that your Daddy spoils you.

Care to explain? (Yes, I know...you're going to lie now)
                                Care to explain? No! Do you read? I'm done with THIS and YOU.

Comment

Working...