Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Satan
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Dunno if anybody here lives anywhere near Albequrque or would be able to go there, but I stumbled on this elsewhere and thought I would throw it in to the pet thread.....

More info here
    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by katina
      I never had a fish tank, I always thought that it would be very complicated. Trying to learn about Discus, I found this very informative video about Discus Aquarium Tips, from Jacobs Aquarium.
      Discus seems no very complicated to rise, and check Jacobs t-shirt and little bird, I don´t know the name in english, but it looks like a little parrot.

Aquariums aren't too bad in general. When you get into having live plants in fresh water or live corals in salt water lighting and water quality become more of an issue. In general, go with the biggest tank for what you are going to have in it. Smaller tanks are harder to maintain the water quality in.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

I have a good friend in Albuquerque. I am emailing her the info tonight. But I bet there will be a lot of takers for this dog. Sad story.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Seeing that dog on the bed you can see all the medicine in the background for her owner. Heartbreaking. At least he is dying with his best friend at his side. Gotta be extra painful thinking she might go to a bad home & having to leave her. I really hope she gets a great home to put this man at ease a little.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Brain cancer can take a person quick which sadly is a fact most of us know in here. Hopefully the owner isn't too far gone to where he can meet the person who is willing to adopt his dog.

Comment

• envy_me
              Swedish Love Pump
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Dec 2010

I am no fish tank person. Fish are more of a decoration then a pet. You can kiss and hug them and carry them around.
              The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Depends on the fish. I had a reef fish named Baku that would come up to the surface and eat out of my hand. I had a 100 gallon reef tank back when I worked long hours in a stressful job. It was therapudic just to come home and watch the fish tank.
                Last edited by Nitro Express; 11-11-2012, 04:31 AM.

Comment

• envy_me
                  Swedish Love Pump
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  Depends on the fish. I had a reef fish named Baku that would come up to the surface and eat out of my hand. I had a 100 gallon reef tank back when I worked long hours in a stressful job. It was therapudic just to come home and watch the fish tank.

I need to be able to take an animal, lay it on it's back and kiss it's stomach, like a baby :-)

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

I tickle their feet. I drive dogs nuts because I sneak up to them when they are sleeping and tickle the hair between their pads so they start to twitch their leg. I was around so many animals growing up and having to take care of them i got animaled out. My wife wanted to get horses and I resisted for a long time but finally gave in. Our kids are old enough to take care of them.
                    Last edited by Nitro Express; 11-11-2012, 04:40 AM.

Comment

• envy_me
                      Swedish Love Pump
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Dec 2010

I tickle their feet. I drive dogs nuts because I sneak up to them when they are sleeping and tickle the hair between their pads so they start to twitch their leg. I was around so many animals growing up and having to take care of them i got animaled out. My wife wanted to get horses and I resisted for a long time but finally gave in. Our kids are old enough to take care of them.
                      Oh, that's so cute. When i first got my cats both of them hated when i touched their feet. Clipping the nails was impossible. So when they would sleep and I'd pet them, i slowly got close to the feet and after a period of time they got used to it. Now they don't mind at all.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Cats are pretty independent. They don't last long whee I live. We have too many predators (coyotes and wolves) that will do them in. We can't even leave a bird feeder out because it attracts bears.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Bears have been a real problem the last few years and bear attacks are up. They seem to be getting more aggressive. Usually if you make noise when you are hiking they tend to avoid you. Our city has to have bear proof garbage cans to keep the bears out of the garbage.

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
                            I need to be able to take an animal, lay it on it's back and kiss it's stomach, like a baby :-)

Funny, I like that done to me too.

Comment

• envy_me
                              Swedish Love Pump
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Dec 2010

Cats are pretty independent. They don't last long whee I live. We have too many predators (coyotes and wolves) that will do them in. We can't even leave a bird feeder out because it attracts bears.
                              We only have foxes here that are a threat to the cats.

Comment

• envy_me
                                Swedish Love Pump
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by sadaist
                                Funny, I like that done to me too.
                                Hahahahaha

Comment

Working...