Movie Studios Forcing Hollywood to Abandon 35mm Film - Vast & Troubling Consequences

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
    Frankly I'm glad that film is gone! You ever seen the process of editing film? Man that is a TOTAL pain in the ass! Not to mention all the volatile chemicals you have to use in order to develop photographs back in the day.

So good riddance and I'm moving the fuck on!

Yeah, but photography in high school was awesome! Always smelled like pot smoke & I am 100% positive a few people got laid in that darkroom.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

All my life I have heard stories from all kinds of friends....including you guys here, lol...about peeps getting laid in the darkroom at high school, lol.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
        All my life I have heard stories from all kinds of friends....including you guys here, lol...about peeps getting laid in the darkroom at high school, lol.
        I had one of my most memorable fucks in that darkroom. I was hot for her and she didn't know it and she was hot for me and I didn't know it. A little dark room time and the big mystery was solved and we commenced to delivering the groceries at 50 beats a minute. It wasn't some sloppy drunk skank fuck. There was some real passion there and it started off a few good months of something wonderful. I still thank her mom for putting her on the pill. Damn that was a good year! 1984!
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

What's strange is I can remember when Kodak was the king. I even knew one of the CEO's Kay Whitmore. In Rochester in the mid 80's you either worked at Xerox or Eastman Kodak.

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            What's strange is I can remember when Kodak was the king..
            me too! Sad.

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

I don't miss running out of film or worrying about film costs and processing costs. I had a nice Nikon F3 get stolen in New York when I lived there in the 80's. Now I don't feel so bad, because the camera is now an obsolete paper weight. I loved the build quality of that camera though. My only beef with the new digital cameras that are in the single lens reflex class is the build quality is flimbsy. No way would these cameras hold up to heavy in the field use.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

I did a lot of world traveling in the late 70's and all through the 80's. You would see the Eastman Kodak logo all over the world. Fuji later came in and became a big contender but Kodak was the Coca Cola of film. It was everywhere. The only place I didn't see the Kodak logo somewhere was in the Soviet Union.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2005

Not so fast. Lotsa photogs are still staying with film. I am dealing with several in Nashville right now. One guy bought my FM2 from my in December, as he was going to Vietnam on assignment in January. He sent me some shots he took with my (former) camera.

Though of course, as time goes on, they are going to become more and more obsolete.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Another thing about these multi-function smartphones is that if your totally dependent on that thing to do whatever tasks you want it, and that thing breaks. Then your fucked!

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

i would rather have multiple devices that do one thing perfectly, instead of one device (like a smartphone) that does lots of things half-assed.
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

I completely agree.

Comment

• Angel
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

We're not talking about making movies with smart phones though. I know a lot of indie film-makers, they all have digital. Nice not to have to book cameras, etc. as someone has already mentioned, I believe.
                          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

Working...