Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Stern has been angling his triumphant return to terrestrial radio for years now...

Comment

• BITEYOASS
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      Stern has been angling his triumphant return to terrestrial radio for years now...
      Wasn't he complaining about being censored all the f'ing time and having to deal with the FCC's bullshit a few years back? He must be out of his mind if he think some terrestrial network is going to pay him a +$100 million contract.

Comment

• Mr Walker
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by High Life Man
        I'm a daily listener, but I have to say, Stern gets more vacation days than a US Senator. It's kind of ridiculous.

That being said, once Stern leaves satellite, it goes out of business.
        But that's the deal he signed... he doesn't try to hide the fact that he's a part-timer. I'm just glad that he's finally started to let the listeners know when he's not going to be in... he used to always be secretive about it. I enjoy listening to O & A on days when Stern isn't in. And that last special on Sam Kinison was fucking awesome.

Comment

• ODShowtime
          ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
          I sure nowadays that he has fewer listeners than he did at his peak.

Of course. Now you have to pay for him when it used to be free.

And if he's so great, then why hasn't =VH= gone over to his studio to be interviewed this year?

Probably because they haven't done any press this whole tour. Not sure how that is relevant anyway
          Stern is definitely no longer at his peak. While I don't blame him at all for wanting to be on vacation alot at this point in his life instead of the hell of 430 AM every day, it's getting a bit old only hearing him twice a week. And I fucking can't stand how on repeat days they play the same thing at 8AM TR and Fri that they played at 8AM Tuesday. OR same thing at 6PM that they were playing at 8AM the same day. Fuck I'm lucky to hear an average of 20 minutes of the show during my 5 hour long commutes each week.

That said there's still no one that does what he does and when he's on it's comic gold.
          gnaw on it

Comment

• Mr Walker
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

I'll continue to pay just so I can hear Richard and Sal's Tradio calls.

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I only started listening to Stern when he went to Sirius. I never listened to him on terrestrial radio. I love the show, but I miss the fuck out of Artie. The Tradio calls are classic!

He definitely doesn't need the money. I guess it is just a matter of principle.

I haven't listened to terrestrial radio since I got Sirius in 2006. I hope it never goes away. Someday it will be like cable tv, everybody will have it. If you don't have it now, you are a fool.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Stern was great back in the day......not good but great. I can remember listening to him on K-Rock 92.3 in New York City......same station Uncle Dave had his radio show from. Stern was hilarious in the late 80's early 90's. It's the same tired bullshit now. Sorry but when the guy is attending Polo matches in the Hamptons with his wife every summer it's kind of hard to still consider the guy a maverick. Give me Beetlejuice or give me death!!!!

Comment

• WACF
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by High Life Man
                  I'm a daily listener, but I have to say, Stern gets more vacation days than a US Senator. It's kind of ridiculous.

That being said, once Stern leaves satellite, it goes out of business.
                  I chose XM over Sirius in 04...for alot of people Stern is not the reason they got sat radio.

For me it was about the music...and Sirius was too limited...shallow playlists and tons of artist repetition.

I would love my old XM back.

Comment

• TJMKID
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                    Stern was great back in the day......not good but great. I can remember listening to him on K-Rock 92.3 in New York City......same station Uncle Dave had his radio show from. Stern was hilarious in the late 80's early 90's. It's the same tired bullshit now. Sorry but when the guy is attending Polo matches in the Hamptons with his wife every summer it's kind of hard to still consider the guy a maverick. Give me Beetlejuice or give me death!!!!

I never lived in NYC but I've heard clips of him from the late 80's and he was truly a funny guy --- and dangerous.

These days ---- he's a boring old fuck who only asks the same old stupid repeat questions like "Does your wife give a good blowjob?" --- and Robin giggles on cue just like a laugh track machine.

Artie Lange kept that show tolerable in recent years but he's gone and it's time for Stern to just go away.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

What happened is the world degraded to where Howard Stern is no longer shocking. If anything the pendelum has swung too far into the insanity area and many of us want to get some more sanity instead of crazy. When the world was still a little too uptight and you had Tipper Gore to fuck with it made sense. After Bill Clinton came to Washington that all ended. Now the President and Secret Service have become Howard Stern.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

I hope Howard saved some money and hopefully the bankers don't steal it if he did. He's a falling star. Where he made his money is fickle. You can't put it out like that and reel it back in and expect people to still want to listen to you. Plus. These are different times. It's not the free rolling 80's anymore. It's the paranoid and psycho 2000 teens. You don't have to listen to Stern anymore you just have to watch the people at Wal-Mart now.

Comment

• TJMKID
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                          What happened is the world degraded to where Howard Stern is no longer shocking. If anything the pendelum has swung too far into the insanity area and many of us want to get some more sanity instead of crazy. When the world was still a little too uptight and you had Tipper Gore to fuck with it made sense. After Bill Clinton came to Washington that all ended. Now the President and Secret Service have become Howard Stern.

Yeah I see your point and I agree with it ---- but Howard Stern lost his mojo because he just doesn't want to put the effort into being truly funny or dangerous anymore.

These days with his rigorous 2-day a week schedule ---- he keeps asking the same stupid questions like "What color panties you wearing right now?" and the shit just gets boring really quick.

He had a good run and made his millions ---- time for him to just go away.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

I remember James Hetfield of Metallica saying the hardest thing is writing hardcore dark rock songs when you are a multi-millionare sitting by your pool behind your nice house and you just got done picking up your hot wife in the Ferarri and trying to feel the old hate and anger again to write a song. He said their early stuff came from the heart. They were poor, suffering, angry as hell, and wanted to shove a piece of steel up the world's ass. Once life is good it's hard to go back there but that is what made you rich in the first place. He says it really fucks with you because you almost have to be fake to be yourself after awhile.

Comment

• High Life Man
                              Commando
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                              I'll continue to pay just so I can hear Richard and Sal's Tradio calls.
                              Hell yes. They should get their own show.

Comment

Working...