X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by clarathecarrot

However, in real life I am a mean and nasty son of bitch rat bastard...ask any of the friends I used to have.

That's funny right there.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• clarathecarrot
      Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by Northern Girl
      I'll have to take your word for it, because I generally don't read your posts 'cos you seem a little nutty.

You know, I've loved Dave and Van Halen since 1978. I don't have any friends that are into them, so I came here because I knew there'd be people here who just "get it" - who feel the same as I do. It's just a shame I can't just come here and hang with cool Van Halen fans and have fun without all the other BS - demeaning of women, fighting like 12 year old girls, whining and crying if the band doesn't do everything the way someone thinks they should.

This was a fun place for a couple weeks after Tattoo came out. The excitement was palpable. I couldn't get enough. It didn't take long before it reverted back to the same old BS.

Oh well...I've got the music. I saw a great show. I guess that will have to do. Just a damn shame though.

I am nutz there can be little doubt and I aim to prove it daily ..lol.

People want you to be commenting here and all the others have that freedom to, provided by Sarge and a few others.

This is more than just a rock and roll fan site. It is the finest and most completely free posting board on the net.

MYOP.

The forums lay out many chances for discussion, as you know, this leads to all types of angles to getting the point across and many subjects here are taboo or instantly deleted by the mods at other net sites.

You could start your own thread about any matter and use your verbage to control it. It can be done without writing -hey stop that- just post another post putting it back on subject...it might work,,?

You are a old school number here you know the deal; we wait for info on VH/DLR then we define it's merit and discuss the rewards or detriments to infinitem from every angle concievable...then like every bar owner sais, there will be a discussion of ......Sports, then Religion, then Politics, then the fight breaks out...lol

Dudes can be crass when discussing women, but you know you own us.
      Last edited by clarathecarrot; 05-24-2012, 08:45 PM.
      2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
      clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Northern Girl
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
        You know what Northern Girl...rather than complain about what this site is to you, do something about it yourself. Make a thread that is important to you and post in it a lot. If it gets flamed & derailed, start another, and another, and another until you get 1 that sticks and interests you. The site is only as good as what it's members post. So.....hop to it. I made a Pets thread for selfish reasons because I wanted to spam a bunch of my dogs pics without getting myself banned.

Maybe the whole site won't turn around to what you want, but you can have your 1 little corner of it that you really enjoy. A lot of the guys here have their own threads they love. Get to it!
        You're not a female, so you'll never get it. The site is 99.5% ego driven male and nothing will ever change here. I've played this game for 10 years. I don't have the heart for it anymore. The Van Halen journey as I know and care about it is nearing it's end anyway. I'll just hang with my own kind and let you all do your thing.
        Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Northern Girl
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
          Hey, you're almost at post 3,000!
          2005 was a fun year!

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

You're not a female, so you'll never get it. The site is 99.5% ego driven male and nothing will ever change here. I've played this game for 10 years. I don't have the heart for it anymore. The Van Halen journey as I know and care about it is nearing it's end anyway. I'll just hang with my own kind and let you all do your thing.

Sounds like you are close to a goodbye thread. Those go over like farts in church around here.

Confucius sez:

"They who would fart in church sit in own pew."
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Isn't VAN HALEN "95.5% Ego driven male"?

Guess not, because I'm not getting why you're so offended...especially given the subject matter: someone proclaims "I got fired for being TOO HOT..." with Gloria Allred standing there, FFS - kinda sets the bar pretty high on the "opening oneself to ridicule" scale, don'tcha think? :confused:

She may have had a case had she said "dressed inappropriately" (I certainly don't see it, outfit was kinda tame if not bland) but then she wouldn't have gotten media attention, a high-profile wahmbulance chaser lawyer, etc. I think the normal reaction to someone holding a televised press conference proclaiming that is "Huh?" And all of us being dude DLR fans, students of "the fine art of sarcasm and ridicule"... hilarity ensues.

Having said that, if that's what her employer actually said to her as her reason for termination, then he/she/they should just write her a fucking check. Any employer would be NUTS to say that, so I'm not buying that...it seems like a media circus backfiring.

But the "I'll just hang with my own kind" subtle dig-thing... wtf -as long as you've been a poster here - Really??

Originally posted by conmee
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
              Originally posted by eddie78
              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I guess I just hang out with a better class of people. We don't sit around and trash men. Actually, don't need to because most men I meet in real life are very nice guys. It's only here that I've seen the largest group of sexist asshole pigs in the fucking world on a daily basis.

Oh sorry, you mean when you E=flirted with a married man/men on this site, you were still the arbitrator of good taste and morality...

Douchebag homewrecker says what?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

You're not a female, so you'll never get it. The site is 99.5% ego driven male and nothing will ever change here...
                  Meaning you're here solely for attention...

Comment

• Angel
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

I'm a female, and I get it. In fact, I've even gotten it from you in the past...we had some pretty nasty battles when you first joined the site.

You get from this site what you put into it, nothing less, nothing more. I haven't had any issues with anyone since I've ventured back here.

Then again, I'm not being a total cunt just asking for it like I use to, either...
                    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

That blonde chick is okay-looking...a bit too heavy on the makeup for my tastes...however, even if they're fake there's just something about a couple of nice breasts that one can't go wrong with.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Northern Girl
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                        In fact, I've even gotten it from you in the past...we had some pretty nasty battles when you first joined the site.
                        Not me. I don't even know who you are. I was pretty quiet in the start and certainly have never battled with anyone. Argued with Fab a couple times which lasted about 5 minutes.

Comment

• Northern Girl
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                          Guess not, because I'm not getting why you're so offended...especially given the subject matter: someone proclaims "I got fired for being TOO HOT..." with Gloria Allred standing there, FFS - kinda sets the bar pretty high on the "opening oneself to ridicule" scale, don'tcha think? :confused:

She may have had a case had she said "dressed inappropriately" (I certainly don't see it, outfit was kinda tame if not bland) but then she wouldn't have gotten media attention, a high-profile wahmbulance chaser lawyer, etc. I think the normal reaction to someone holding a televised press conference proclaiming that is "Huh?" And all of us being dude DLR fans, students of "the fine art of sarcasm and ridicule"... hilarity ensues.

Having said that, if that's what her employer actually said to her as her reason for termination, then he/she/they should just write her a fucking check. Any employer would be NUTS to say that, so I'm not buying that...it seems like a media circus backfiring.

But the "I'll just hang with my own kind" subtle dig-thing... wtf -as long as you've been a poster here - Really??
                          No comment...as I didn't read/watch the story. Didn't interest me. Just noticed what the thread turned into as has a thousand others over the last 10 years. I guess the content of the story justifies it in your mind. That's up to you. I guess at a Van Halen fansite, I'm supposed to expect a certain type of behavior? Hmmm.... Seems to me Dave celebrates women - all kinds of women - and doesn't put them down!

My own kind = females. Subtle? No, I think I was pretty clear.

Yes, having remained here so long, I'm sure it seems out of the blue to suddenly "get offended," but it's not new; just my actually saying something is new. Usually when it builds up in me, I just stay away for months at a time, then come back thinking it might be different. That's my mistake.

For those who are offended by what I said, then you are likely one of the people that offended me, so I guess we are even.

Comment

• mohican
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jul 2011

This little piggy reminds me of this Brick from the UK. Said she's so beautiful that women hate her but was shocked by the backlash and ridicule. Whether you are looking for a payout, manipulating the media or just plain deluded, being the attention whore of the day will get you some negative comments.

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

No comment...as I didn't read/watch the story. Didn't interest me. Just noticed what the thread turned into as has a thousand others over the last 10 years.
                              M'kay, whatever on the rest of the rant - but as you didn't read/watch the story, how do you know our reactions aren't in context? Think perhaps yours might be, given that?
                              Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Northern Girl
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Why are you taking this so personal Jay?

That conscience is a bitch, isn't it?

Comment

Working...