X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

Originally posted by Sensible Shoes

Any ideas, support or novenas would be greatly appreciated.
    Show some leg and cleavage.

(Oh, and btw, congrats)
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

My advice is be honest and be yourself. It's good to hear you have done research on the job and have prepped yourself that way. Don't get caught up in all the stuff people tell you how to prepare for a job interview and all the hype. Research the job, know why you want it besides the pay and benefits. Know what you can offer and just go in relaxed, aware, and honest. If being yourself and honest doesn't get you the job you probably avoided a clash that would happen if you got it. You can always get a job but to have a career you have to know yourself and what you want out of your life. It's a deeper process. Too many people worry about jobs when they really should be concerned with the long-term focus of having a career and it's an on going process even when you have a current job. Know what you want and be prepared to do what you have to do to get it. Most people don't do that.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by SilvioDante
        I interviewed for a job over 18 years ago. Thought I had NO SHOT. Went all Costanza on them. Every instinct I had, I did the opposite. I didn't care. Never thought I'd get the job.

To this day, my boss says I was the best interview he ever had. Go into it with the attitude "I've got nothing to lose". You'll be fine.

Good luck.
        It's very true. Think of yourself as the person doing the interviewing. Most people hate hiring including me. If you interview a lot you can spot the bullshit and the typical cliches. What we look for is the beef so to speak. The reality. A person who comes in feeling they have nothing to lose comes across as different than the kiss ass masses. It gets your attention and interest and you want to know more. You stand out.

Comment

• lesfunk
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I have been fortunate enough to meet shoes in person and have found her to be an intelligent, attractive, competant and all around formidable person.
          I have no doubt she will achieve her goal
          http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by lesfunk
            I have been fortunate enough to meet shoes in person and have found her to be an intelligent, attractive, competant and all around formidable person.
            If you are desirable someone will bite the bait. It might not be the fish you were trying to catch but others will be attracted and bite. All you can do is be yourself. You can't make the other party's decisions for them. All you can do is raise your flag and see who salutes it. The problem is most people don't even bother to make a flag let alone bother to raise it. Some are scared to show their flag at all. You can grab the bull by the horns or let the bull gore you. Most people choose to get gored by just sitting there complaining and doing nothing.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by lesfunk
              I'm not sure competent spelled wrongly is the best part of that sentence, kind of cold unless you are writing a reference for her

Anyhoo good luck Shoes I hope you get it and if you don't I'm sure the experience will help you get the next one.

Comment

• fifth element
                Commando
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Sensible Shoes
                Why do you always have to be such a dick?
                he can't help being what he is....

oh yeah....a dick!
                “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• SunisinuS
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • May 2010

Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Go have a Tequila SunRIIIIISSSEEE after. And hug your children (my children hang below me) but you know what I mean. Then next....look for the next opportunity...they are out there.

Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Sweet Irony
                    She's the Woman
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2004

Waiting for your update, Shoes! All the best!
                    ...livin in the online VH world for 19 years....thanks to a 2 year old.....

Comment

• vh rides again
                      Commando
                      • Dec 2006

Good luck !

Roth And Roll

Comment

• Grant
                        Sniper
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                        You'll nail it. Be prepared, but don't over think and let your personality through...
                        I second this.

Go get 'em, girl!

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

Good luck!

The best advice I could give is don't over-rehearse. If you've done your homework it will show - don't try to remember scripted answers, just relax and be yourself.
                          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• loucap81
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Apr 2012

Not that I have this wealth of interviewing experience but I totally agree with everyone saying to just be yourself and talk to these people naturally as you would to anyone else. Approach it like a conversation at a dinner party (without being drunk of course )

Comment

• SparkieD
                              Veteran
                              • Sep 2006

With your expertise and sharp wit, not to mention a handful of red, white, and black confetti, you've got this thing nailed!
                              Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                              Originally posted by rustoffa
                              Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                                Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Thanks for reminding me about the confetti Sparkie.

As I've said elsewhere -
                                Hair dyed - check. New skirt, shirt, earrings and shoes - check. Questions to ask interviewer - check. Extra resumes - check. Recog mission to find correct parking lot - check.

Shots of tequila to go to sleep tonight - check.

Oh dear.

Comment

Working...