X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sensible Shoes
    Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Now, now, I didn't say "dick".

Wait, maybe I should have - that's not politically correct.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Whorehey
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by chefcraig
      I take it I'm not the only one with an eye-spiltting hangover this morning, eh? The good news is I don't have to go in to work until 5PM. The bad news is I'm too nauseous to go back to bed, because it's like being on the open ocean in the midst of a tsunami. Man, I pity the poor slobs that come to me seeking "customer service" this evening. A Wednesday night with the Food Network, peanut butter crackers and cheap vodka. Just say no, kids.
      Robert Irvine is my new favorite human being
      'Cause three holes are better than a hole-in-one!!!

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Whorehey
        Robert Irvine is my new favorite human being
        I don't see how it is humanely possible to completely renovate not only a restaurant, but it's staff as well in a mere 48 hours with a budget of $10,000. You also have to question how many of these places stay with Irvine's makeovers, let alone remain in business. For example, SPIKE tv's Bar Rescue has a surprising amount of places where the owners said to hell with the changes and went back to their old ways and habits.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

On Gordon Ramseys Kitchen Nightmares they don't let the restaurant KEEP all the overnight changes. Something about "this is what you COULD do" if you spent the money. They take out all the changes or allow the restaurant to purchase them outright. Kinda lame and a bit of trickery on the viewer.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Whorehey
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2012

He tore into an old lady a couple of weeks ago.
            He's yelling "you're a hoarder and you need help!"
            Some of these places he walks into are downright disgusting.

Sorry about steering this off-topic Shoes...
            'Cause three holes are better than a hole-in-one!!!

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
              On Gordon Ramseys Kitchen Nightmares they don't let the restaurant KEEP all the overnight changes. Something about "this is what you COULD do" if you spent the money. They take out all the changes or allow the restaurant to purchase them outright. Kinda lame and a bit of trickery on the viewer.
              I am convinced that show is scripted and the staff are all paid actors. The episode featuring the sociopath-filled family of a joint called Burger Kitchen was totally unbelievable. Hell, they were more like the Manson family than anyone else.

Even so, check out this list of closed restaurants formerly featured on Ramsay's show: What restaurants on "Kitchen Nightmares" have closed?
              Last edited by chefcraig; 05-31-2012, 06:47 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Yeah the Ramsay show is completely unbelievable. Same script every week, they pay customers to come in to create a rush.

If you look at reviews of the restaurant online afterwards 4/5 they have either closed or they are as bad as they were before he went in.

It's actually an offshoot of the original UK version which was much better, a lot less contrived and fake.

Comment

• loucap81
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Apr 2012

Shoes is there any timetable on when you'll hear back about this? Maybe go for a second interview?

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                    Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

They said they wanted to wrap it up quickly - but that's on university time.

Oh dear.

Comment

• loucap81
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Apr 2012

Well I hope they at least give you a courtesy e-mail either way. I've applied for jobs before where they simply don't talk to you again if they've gone with someone else and I find it quite unprofessional.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                        Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Yeah I hope so too. I'm being really positive about this one, I think it would be really weird if I didn't get a second interview.

Oh dear.

Comment

• gbranton
                          Veteran
                          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by loucap81
                          Well I hope they at least give you a courtesy e-mail either way.
                          I will say that common courtesy is in short supply the days. I can't remember the last time I got a reacharound.
                          "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                            Well, good luck on your road to nowhere...
                            Why don't you go clean someone's toilet, you dick...

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                              Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Just ignore Elvis. I'm not taking it to heart - and I'm not on a road to nowhere. Especially if that's any place he is.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                                The bad news for me is that I'm lazy today and I have a 30 foot motor home sitting outside that won't fix itself...
                                Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
                                put on yer suspenders and hop to it Jethro
                                Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

Working...