Hey Elvis! Is This One Of Your Inbred Relatives????

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Satan
    This recent full page ad which ran in Lousiana newspapers would suggest
    Louisiana and south Louisiana are two totally different places, with different people and Totally different culture...

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

I don't think it's liberalism vs. conservatism that is the problem. I mean Steve Jobs was a liberal but he didn't feel he was entitled for everyone else to to pay his way. I see a lot of people who claim to be conservative but they have this entitlement complex too.

It used to be a conservative was a person who believed sex before marriage was a sin and you had to attend church every Sunday and stores being open on Sunday was taboo and all of that. A liberal was open to sexual relationships outside of marriage and more of an individual choice type thing than running inside of someone else's program.

I always liked the rugged individualism and work ethic of the conservative mindset but actually that existed in the good old liberalism model too. I would say Steve Jobs had both of those qualities.

I don't particularly like the modern liberalism because it's just become another authoritarian system. If you disagree with something in any of the particular movements they really come after you. They have become as bad as the right wingers they point their fingers at. They want to censor you and shut you up as well.

It's all the same damn thing now. The same people are backing the trends in both camps using media and sometimes the educational system to do it.

If you truly are a stand alone individual you will not associate with either the liberal camp or the conservative camp because both of them want to control everything, shut you up, and dictate what your life is going to be. Fuck that. So I spit on both of them.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Me too...

I assure you, I am a stand alone individual...

I know how to take care of myself and others, and I don't cost taxpayers one penny...

As Ted Nugent says, I live my life in the asset column...

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

The real problem in this country is too many people expect the public at large to finance their lifestyles. The bankers want bailouts for their corruption and mismanagement. Government contractors abuse their role. People who would be better off getting off government assistance and going out on their own stay on it because it's there and they are complacent just having it. People start wars to make money off the tax payer. Everyone is fucking leaching off the public funds and we are driving up debt to pay for it. It's wreak less and it's selfish. In fact, it's theft. You have some of the rich leaching the system and you have almost 40% of the lower earning public taking and not putting anything in. It's what's left of the middle class that get hit with the taxes. It's the people making $60,000 a year who pay their own bills who are getting reamed in this system.
          Last edited by Nitro Express; 06-01-2012, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• So this is love
            Veteran
            • Jan 2012

yada yada we all do have assets to some extent ...but the thing is the system favors the 1%er ...I mean how much is enough for certain people...
            Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
              Me too...

I assure you, I am a stand alone individual...

I know how to take care of myself and others, and I don't cost taxpayers one penny...

As Ted Nugent says, I live my life in the asset column...
              I overpaid on my tax vouchers and the IRS refused to give me a refund. They said I go put it towards next years taxes. So I overpaid for 2011. I have no idea what a tax refund is. I think everyone should be self employeed at least once in their life. It would be a good education on how the real world works. Then I'm always wondering what the taxes are going to be next year and if energy costs are going to go up. Cap and Trade would have killed my business. Our electrical rates are going up because the Obama Administration is forcing our power company to buy green power. Our power is all hydroelectric but yet we are going to pay 5% more because of some stupid green nonsense. I don't know what's greener than hydroelectric and we need the dams for irrigation. I can't make a long-term business plan in this country because the country has no plan. They run on a month to month basis. You can't run an economy this way and I'm tired of hearing all the partisan excuses.
              Last edited by Nitro Express; 06-02-2012, 12:13 AM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by So this is love
                yada yada we all do have assets to some extent ...but the thing is the system favors the 1%er ...I mean how much is enough for certain people...
                The 1% aren't stupid. They would love nothing more than to get us all in a class war while they continue to rob the country. You have to be careful here. Also they love to throw one of their own to the sharks to take the attention off the ones who really have the most pull. Who you want to go after are the people who sit on the Federal Reserve Board and some of the big banks. Just saying it's the 1% is too simple. You want to name specific names and exactly what the person is guilty of. I see people on welfare driving new cars while i see working people driving old ones. Just because there are some rich crooks doesn't make taking government money when you don't need it less of a disgrace. Someone has to pay for it and it's going to be someone working their ass off for an average living. That's who pays the taxes.

It's not how many assets you own it's whether you are honest and believe in honest pay for honest work. That work ethic is not at the levels it should be. A system is only as good as the people in it. If you have too many dishonest people then you have a problem. This is where we are and it's what's ruined us.

I almost think we should bring dueling back. If someone slanders you or rips you off you can call them out for a dual. People would watch their ass then. People could do business on a handshake and you could trust their word because people cared about their public reputation. Now it's what can we get away with? There is no honor anymore.
                Last edited by Nitro Express; 06-02-2012, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

More like .001%

Comment

• So this is love
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                    The 1% aren't stupid. They would love nothing more than to get us all in a class war while they continue to rob the country. You have to be careful here. Also they love to throw one of their own to the sharks to take the attention off the ones who really have the most pull. Who you want to go after are the people who sit on the Federal Reserve Board and some of the big banks. Just saying it's the 1% is too simple. You want to name specific names and exactly what the person is guilty of. I see people on welfare driving new cars while i see working people driving old ones. Just because there are some rich crooks doesn't make taking government money when you don't need it less of a disgrace. Someone has to pay for it and it's going to be someone working their ass off for an average living. That's who pays the taxes.

It's not how many assets you own it's whether you are honest and believe in honest pay for honest work. That work ethic is not at the levels it should be. A system is only as good as the people in it. If you have too many dishonest people then you have a problem. This is where we are and it's what's ruined us.

I almost think we should bring dueling back. If someone slanders you or rips you off you can call them out for a dual. People would watch their ass then. People could do business on a handshake and you could trust their word because people cared about their public reputation. Now it's what can we get away with? There is no honor anymore.
                    ok you pictured me with that last paragraph, I wish people could still live this way...

Comment

• So this is love
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2012

More like .001%
                      You must not discount the entourage....brownies...suck ups whatever you call them.....they are part of the team 1%

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Yup. It's very few people. Its why I would love to see an open to the public Federal Reserve audit and have the shark's exposed. It's old money. They knew exactly how to position themselves and keep out of sight. Very smart people but then when your grandfather was worth $300 billion 100 years ago and you don't have to worry about paying the overhead, then you can be quite effective. What amazes me is how disciplined these people are for the wealth they inherited. They must have had some hardcore parenting. I don't know if the Harriman's are still in the circle. They had a ranch up by us and were not very nice people. Grand Daddy Bush worked for their investment bank. It's old railroad money and oil money and that went into banking which is the most powerful lucrative place to be. The trick is you start foundations and then that makes your money tax exempt and then you can use grants to buy people off and then access government money to run your programs. These people know how to play the game and it's all rigged. You can't break it either unless you get enough politicians in office on your side or strike and boycott their power bases. I mean if everyone stopped using US Dollars and Euros we would have the bastards but good luck on that one.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by So this is love
                          You must not discount the entourage....brownies...suck ups whatever you call them.....they are part of the team 1%
                          That's what gets thrown to us when the heat gets turned up but it never kills the beast. Those guys aren't the brains of the operation. Right now the brains are all over 70 years old. They are old men. They usually train a nephew or a son to take over though. This is 100 year plus money here. These families have unbelievable discipline.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

I ended up majoring in finance in college because I liked managerial accounting but hated tax accounting. I mean I could pick and choose where I wanted to live if I was an auditor and I seriously considered it but I just don't like doing what accountants have to do. I found finance far more interesting. So you start your entry level finance classes and those aren't bad. It's basically amortization models dealing with present and future value. Then when you get into the 300 level courses it gets very esoteric and complicated. Lot's of number crunching. Then you actually get into the financial world and find it's parallel universes. The higher up you get the more simple it becomes. You find they purposefully keep it esoteric for the little people to confuse them and make them need an expert. It's kind of like how a mechanic takes advantage of a car owner because the owner doesn't understand cars. It's all a game. Then you discover the big secret. It's all about being connected. Finance is controlled by some old networks and you are either in or out. Sure you can work in the lower levels but if the shit hits the fan it's you they hang out and its you they lay off. Nothing ever happens to the top. Even if a country kicks that bank out they just relocate somewhere else in the world.

Comment

• Satan
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

The kind of diversity you seem to like allows for low life scum to to leech off of the system until ultimately there is no system...and that's where California (and any other bastion of liberalism) is headed...

You just described the BCE and Bain Capital. So how is that "liberalism"
                              Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                              I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Because both parties are way left of where I stand...

Comment

Working...