• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • envy_me
    Swedish Love Pump
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by VAiN
    I have an awesome little chef-run italian place near work. They make their bread and mozzarella in-house. This is a nice lite lunch, chicken parm sandwich.

Is seafood popular there? I'm a big fan.
    OMG!! That bread looks... spectacular.

Yeah, seafood is popular here. Crabs, prawns, tuna, salmon, shrimp. Seafood is really popular in Croatia, but it's different kind. I don't think they eat salmon.They eat fish from Adriatic sea, squid, sardine, etc. Even though it's all seafood, it's totally different thing.
    Last edited by envy_me; 08-31-2012, 06:33 AM.
    The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Interesting, and I agree - totally different. Here its mostly dolphin(mahi mahi), snapper, grouper and swordfish ther are 'common'. Sea Bass or Hogfish is a nice treat...
      Here's today's lunch - onion encrusted hogfish sandwich with a gray goose bloody mary.

And the view..
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Vain, do you guys have fish camps in Florida? My trips down there have been limited to Disney World and Miami and Daytona
        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• envy_me
          Swedish Love Pump
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Dec 2010

Interesting, and I agree - totally different. Here its mostly dolphin(mahi mahi), snapper, grouper and swordfish ther are 'common'. Sea Bass or Hogfish is a nice treat...
          Here's today's lunch - onion encrusted hogfish sandwich with a gray goose bloody mary.

And the view..
          GOD, you eat well!! Todays lunch was powder soup from a bag. I really felt like having that italian sandwich of yours :-)

Dolphins? Why would you eat dolphins, they are nice and friendly animals.

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
            So was Bambi and almost nothing tastes better than deer

Comment

• VAiN
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

GOD, you eat well!! Todays lunch was powder soup from a bag. I really felt like having that italian sandwich of yours :-)

Thanks, I have a lot of 'me' time, so I eat out a lot. I guess I'm a bit of a foodie or something.

Dolphins killed my grandmother. Fuck them.
              No, but seriously, it's a different dolphin - not the Flipper type. And it's always the fish of the day just about anywhere around here.
              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VAiN
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                Vain, do you guys have fish camps in Florida? My trips down there have been limited to Disney World and Miami and Daytona
                There are a shit-ton of charters and a very strong fishing community down here. Not just here, but most of S. Florida. My parents live in Sebastian which is about an hour south of Daytona and all they do there is fish & drink. Come down, I'll show you a good time!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

There are a shit-ton of charters and a very strong fishing community down here. Not just here, but most of S. Florida. My parents live in Sebastian which is about an hour south of Daytona and all they do there is fish & drink. Come down, I'll show you a good time!
                  I'll be there about 10 in the morning so get the beer good and cold

What I was wondering about are fish restaurants - up here in NC and the states around here they're called fish camps and the food is typically breaded and fried. A normal meal would be fried fillet of flounder or catfish or perch, shrimp, etc., hushpuppies, fries and slaw. I was wondering if you guys cooked it up like that too.

Comment

• envy_me
                    Swedish Love Pump
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Dec 2010

One of the best fish I have tasted was cooked fish. Season with salt, olive oil and lemon juice. GOD it tasted good!! I don't eat fish anymore, but I did have time to taste it in Swe and it's not as good as Croatian at all. It feels more fatty and massive.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2007

One of the best fish I have tasted was cooked fish. Season with salt, olive oil and lemon juice. GOD it tasted good!! I don't eat fish anymore, but I did have time to taste it in Swe and it's not as good as Croatian at all. It feels more fatty and massive.
                      she screamed
                      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• envy_me
                        Swedish Love Pump
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Dec 2010

This is how they usually make fish in Dalmatia

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

What I was wondering about are fish restaurants - up here in NC and the states around here they're called fish camps and the food is typically breaded and fried. A normal meal would be fried fillet of flounder or catfish or perch, shrimp, etc., hushpuppies, fries and slaw. I was wondering if you guys cooked it up like that too.
                          From around 1969 until sometime in 1984, we used to go out to the Everglades on Alligator Alley, dragging my father's bass boat around 5 AM on the weekends to catch a month's worth of fish, mostly bass. You'd cut and clean 'em right on the boat, saving the meat in the ice-filled live well. When we'd get home, the majority of it would be frozen for use during the next 3-4 weeks, and we'd take a portion for the evening's dinner. We'd roll the fish in a cornmeal mixture, further using the corn meal to make hush puppies. Both would be fried in hot oil using a deep fryer. It was a win-win situation, and if we had a bountiful catch, we'd share it with our neighbors.

Sadly, the run-off from all of the Big Sugar refineries, government malfeasance and the encroachment by developers have pretty much sent the practice of catching and eating Everglades fish the way of the dinosaur. There is up to 19% mercury to be found in the local fish populace, more than you'd find in a mercury thermometer. So unless you enjoy losing your hair or watching your itching skin fall off, it's a pretty good idea to not eat anything you hook and engage in the catch and release practice.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Yeah, here in NC and the surrounding states seafood restaurants are called Fish Camps and most everything is deep fried. They do offer grilled and broiled as well but almost nobody eats that

Comment

• envy_me
                              Swedish Love Pump
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Dec 2010

Yeah, here in NC and the surrounding states seafood restaurants are called Fish Camps and most everything is deep fried. They do offer grilled and broiled as well but almost nobody eats that
                              I heard you guys even deep fry Snickers :O

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

I heard you guys even deep fry Snickers :O
                                I wouldn't eat it but yeah, they do. Hell, they deep fry butter and eat it! Ever heard of chocolate covered bacon? They had that at the race track a couple of years ago. I can't imagine that it's good, but people must love it.

Comment

Working...