• Show
Clear All
  • envy_me
    Swedish Love Pump
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by DONNIEP
    Why does it have dirt all over it?
    Dirt? Are you joking? That is cardamom and sugar. Swedish cinnamon buns don't usually look like this, but this was the best one I have ever had. It wasn't too sweet, it had A LOT of flavor. Almost felt as if it was pepper on the top, it felt a bit stingy but sweet at the same time. That is what cardamom does. They bake them in the stone oven.
    It had a mature taste. I don't think I would have appriciated it when I was a child.
    The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

it looks like dirt and parsley on my iPhone. Besides, I'm just messing with you. I don't like cinnamon but I'm sure it was good
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• envy_me
        Swedish Love Pump
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Dec 2010

it looks like dirt and parsley on my iPhone. Besides, I'm just messing with you. I don't like cinnamon but I'm sure it was good
        Yeah, that is what was good about it, it was dry and not too sweet. It didn't have sugar glaze dripping off of it like in some countries Lol
        Can't wait until 4. october. it's Cinnamon Bun-day here.

Comment

• envy_me
          Swedish Love Pump
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Dec 2010

The older I get, the more I appriciate real food. Real food, made by people, with ingredients that you can see and feel.. and taste. Not just some factory made, mooshed all together into a sludge made by big chains.
          I try and buy stuff from small local businesses. Cheap, massproduced food is really dameging, both for the enviroment and the consumer.

There is a really great book, but I think it's only made in swedish, called The Price of the Food. There is always a price you pay, if it's not money then you pay with something else, like your health.
          Last edited by envy_me; 09-28-2012, 06:21 PM.

Comment

• Angel
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
            The older I get, the more I appriciate real food. Real food, made by people, with ingredients that you can see and feel.. and taste. Not just some factory made, mooshed all together into a sludge made by big chains.
            I try and buy stuff from small local businesses. Cheap, massproduced food is really dameging, both for the enviroment and the consumer.

There is a really great book, but I think it's only made in swedish, called The Price of the Food. There is always a price you pay, if it's not money then you pay with something else, like your health.
            The best food is the food you make at home, with fresh ingredients. I must admit, I don't like the looks of that cinnamon bun...
            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Little Texan
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Why does it have dirt all over it?
              Because they dropped it on the floor before putting it in the bag.
              Last edited by Little Texan; 09-29-2012, 12:34 AM.

Comment

• envy_me
                Swedish Love Pump
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Dec 2010

This is what you get when you throw pearls... Should have known better ;-)

Comment

• envy_me
                  Swedish Love Pump
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Dec 2010

Just ate lasagne for lunch.

Later today I am gonna go shopping with my dad, the plan is that I and he are gonna make something called Prsurate or Fritule together http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritule That is fried Croatian pastry (the Croat has to be fried to eat it ). He hasn't had it for years, so I said "ley's just make it this weekend". This is what they'll (hopefully) look like :-)

Last edited by envy_me; 09-29-2012, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• Angel
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

What are you eating right now?

This is what you get when you throw pearls... Should have known better ;-)
                    We have those types of buns here too, I just can't remember what the heck they're called! (Not a huge fan of cardomom)

There's a place at the University that makes cinnamon buns that are biscuit consistency rather than bread. They are to die for.
                    Last edited by Angel; 09-29-2012, 09:58 AM.
                    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Yount
                      Commando
                      • Jan 2012

You women should all shut ya flappers and chow down on my snag, eat this right now

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Just ate lasagne for lunch.

Later today I am gonna go shopping with my dad, the plan is that I and he are gonna make something called Prsurate or Fritule together http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritule That is fried Croatian pastry (the Croat has to be fried to eat it ). He hasn't had it for years, so I said "ley's just make it this weekend". This is what they'll (hopefully) look like :-)

Those look like donut holes... simple way to make those is just mix up a thick batch of pancake or waffle batter to where it'll hold together in a ball and fry...

Lose the powdered sugar and puree some sweet onions and mix in the batter then deep fry and you'll have Hush Puppies.
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• envy_me
                          Swedish Love Pump
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                          Those look like donut holes... simple way to make those is just mix up a thick batch of pancake or waffle batter to where it'll hold together in a ball and fry...

Lose the powdered sugar and puree some sweet onions and mix in the batter then deep fry and you'll have Hush Puppies.
                          My pancakes aren't as delicious as everybody elses, cause I don't use eggs.
                          I just made dough for these, it's rising as we speek :-) It's pretty complicated (for me), you need to seperate flour, put boiling water in one, medium water with milk in the other, where you also put little sugar, cinnamon, lemon peel, raisins.. Was it anything else... Oh yeast. I think thats all. Then you put them both together. Now it's rising...

My dad didn't help much, I can tell you. He was mostly just hanging aroung, eating raisins. The recipe was an old one from my grandmother, the only measurements I got was for the flour. God knows how this will turn out.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Careful what you eat in Kentucky...

A Chinese restaurant in Kentucky has reportedly been forced to shut its doors after allegedly serving up roadkill.

WKYT.com reports that the Red Flower Chinese Restaurant in Williamsburg was shuttered on Thursday after a customer called the health department when she saw a dead deer being wheeled into the kitchen.

"Two of the workers came in wheeling a garbage can and they had a box sitting on top of it,” Kate Hopkins told the website. “And hanging out of the garbage can, they were trying to be real quick with it. So that nobody could see it. But there was like a tail, and a foot and leg. Sticking out of the garbage can and they wheeled it straight back into the kitchen.”

Paul Lawson, Whitley County’s environmental health inspector, said the owner’s son admitted to pick up the dead animal from the side of I-75 North in Williamsburg. The restaurant was immediately shut down.

"They said they didn't know that they weren't allowed to,” Lawson said. “So that makes me concerned. But maybe they could have before. They didn't admit to doing it before.”

Owners can reopen the restaurant, Lawson said, if it passes a secondary health inspection proving that they have properly sanitized it.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/01...#ixzz283i6BR89
                            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2007

Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Angel
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

That reminds me of when I first moved to Edmonton. Ordered Chinese food, and the spring rolls were disgusting...some sort of mystery meat. 3 days later we read in the paper they'd been shut down...for serving mice! Yes, I puked a little.

On another note, saw Envy's cinnamon buns at a bakery this weekend. We call them "Swedish Cinnamon Buns", lol

Comment

Working...