Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Those are collard greens. They are popular in the southern United States but they mix other things in with them. I like them. Collards will grow in hot climates and cool climates and they grow fast. They are loaded with nutrients. A lot of people store some collard seeds in their emergency kits. It beats starving and when the chips are down it's good emergency food. You parents knew what they were doing.

Spinach is good. It needs a cool climate to do well. It probably grows great in Sweden. I live just south of Yellowstone National Park so we have all the wildlife and if you plant anything, they eat it. I tried to grow spinach and a moose came in and ate it all. He ate all the aspen trees I planted on our lot too.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• mh5150
      Foot Soldier
      • Mar 2010

Collards aren't good til after the first frost. I love them when cooked right.

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• envy_me
        Swedish Love Pump
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        Those are collard greens. They are popular in the southern United States but they mix other things in with them. I like them. Collards will grow in hot climates and cool climates and they grow fast. They are loaded with nutrients. A lot of people store some collard seeds in their emergency kits. It beats starving and when the chips are down it's good emergency food. You parents knew what they were doing.

Spinach is good. It needs a cool climate to do well. It probably grows great in Sweden. I live just south of Yellowstone National Park so we have all the wildlife and if you plant anything, they eat it. I tried to grow spinach and a moose came in and ate it all. He ate all the aspen trees I planted on our lot too.
        Lol
        We ate collard greens just cooked. Only that. We were in Serbia back then, and we had sanctions, so all import and export was forbidden. When you live in central Belgrade, that kind of is a problem. So the only thing that was on the shelves in the grocery stores was mustard. ONLY mustard.
        I still rather ate just bread and mustard then the collard greens.

They grew fantastic in balkans.

I love spinach though. Prepared like they eat it in Dalmatia. Cooked in water and seasoned with some salt and olive oil. There is nothing better.
        The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

I made Korean styled collard greens and they were awesome. The traditional smoked turkey soul food American styled collards are good too. They are pretty bland just boiled.

Comment

• envy_me
            Swedish Love Pump
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Dec 2010

I made Korean styled collard greens and they were awesome. The traditional smoked turkey soul food American styled collards are good too. They are pretty bland just boiled.
            I don't think they are bland, I think they are very strong in taste. I really gagged on every bite.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Collards grow like a weed. That's probably why the store had them in stock. They grow fast. I guess during the great depression in this country people planted them because they couldn't afford food. So I guess collards are the when the shit hits the fan emergency staple.

Beats eating the dandelions out of the lawn. LOL!
              Last edited by Nitro Express; 02-13-2013, 08:39 AM.

Comment

• envy_me
                Swedish Love Pump
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Dec 2010

My relatives in Montenegro have plenty of it growing around. My mom loves it, but there is none here in Sweden. I don't think they even have a name for it here. Nothing grows here. Too cold.

Comment

• envy_me
                  Swedish Love Pump
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Dec 2010

I feel like eating vegetarian bolognese. Maybe I'll make it later. I make a FANTASTIC bolognese.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Did Lard tell you that ??

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I'm not joking. If you want an authentic Mexican salad chances are it's going to be cactus salad.
                      There is no "authentic" Mexican, actually. You really think Mexicans ever ate "cactus salad" before salads became trendy?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                        I'm eating a large cock!
                        We know...

Comment

• Angel
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                          There is no "authentic" Mexican, actually. You really think Mexicans ever ate "cactus salad" before salads became trendy?
                          Ensalada de Nopalitos. Cactus, green onion and cilantro. And yes, they were eating it long before the salad craze.
                          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Angel
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Collards grow like a weed. That's probably why the store had them in stock. They grow fast. I guess during the great depression in this country people planted them because they couldn't afford food. So I guess collards are the when the shit hits the fan emergency staple.

Beats eating the dandelions out of the lawn. LOL!
                            Baby dandelion greens are delicious!
                            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2007

grape leaves too
                              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Angel
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                                grape leaves too
                                Now I want some dolmados!...or however the fuck it's spelled.

Comment

Working...