Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fairwrning
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Very sad...Greatest TV dad ever..Andy Griffith show has come on every single weekday at 5:30 here that I can remember...such a great show..wasn't big on Matlock..RIP Andy.I still think Ellie is gorgeous.

Comment

• fifth element
      Commando
      • Nov 2010

RIP, Andy

and my thanks forever for the good times i had watching both the Andy Griffith Show and Matlock.
      “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• ZahZoo
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

More of this era passing... sad to see it go. There's no next generation coming up in the ranks to fill this void... that's really sad...
        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I guess he was buried within five hours of his death to avoid fanfare...

RIP

Comment

• SunisinuS
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • May 2010

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
            I guess he was buried within five hours of his death to avoid fanfare...

RIP
            It was probably in his will.

I know that most people that think about their own death thoughtfully (bars dictators and anyone named Il) do not want people to grieve long. It hurts for many until that final resting place is theirs....mostly no one likes to think of their loved ones on a cold slab...

I think he put it in there so they would not wait another week. But just get er done.

Nice Job Andy.
            Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

I agree there is a generation leaving us that will never be replaced.

Someone called the generation who fought in WWII "The Greatest Generation".

My Dad and I used to watch Andy Griffith, and then Mayberry R.F.D. when I was a kid.

That was a perfect, and subtle way to teach me valuable lessons about life.

Opie had problems. He would go to Andy for advice. Well, hell, EVERYONE in Mayberry went to Andy for advice.

And as a child, I had no awareness of learning anything, or being taught anything, but the dialogue and wisdom contained in it were perfect for shaping young minds.

Ron Howard was the perfect choice to play Opie, and it meant I had a character on the show I could relate to, as Opie was about the same age as me.

Really sad for me, after losing my own Dad 8 months ago, now Andy is gone too.

Ah well.

The world is a much better place for Andy having been here among us.

Comment

• Satan
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Obviously, Andy was best known for his TV roles, but he also made a classic movie in 1957 called "A Face In The Crowd".

Track down a copy of this movie and you will understand why Keith Olbermann often referred to Glenn BecKKK as "Lonesome Rhodes".

It was one Hell of a statement to make about the potential of media manipulation at a time when TV itself was still new and there were only a handful of channels on the air.. Here's a little piece of it....

Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

Working...