Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vandeleur
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

The final two episodes are extended ones .
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Fairwrning
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Nice..I figured maybe a 2 hour finale

Comment

• Fairwrning
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Im a bit sad that Jessie turned out to be such a pussy..take a bullet and dont say shit..like Hank did.Maybe they allow him to get Todd.

Comment

• Igosplut
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I still say this shit sucks. I realize that it's just a tv show but the rot and damage that meth reeks is never worth the cheap shit of a TV show...
          Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Igosplut
            I still say this shit sucks. I realize that it's just a tv show but the rot and damage that meth reeks is never worth the cheap shit of a TV show...
            There was an article recently somewhere that states that meph usage is declining, corresponding directly with the rise of Breaking Bad...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Goddamn is it brilliant. Almost Shakespearean...

Comment

• Fairwrning
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

It doesnt really glorify meth..just the opposite...and the acting is top notch..great writing..

Comment

• Igosplut
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                  It doesnt really glorify meth..just the opposite...and the acting is top notch..great writing..
                  Just saying. I have a different perspective of this than most.....
                  Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

One thing, some fucking Lego rip-off company made a "Meth Lab" kit for children. Like, WTF?

Comment

• Fairwrning
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Any parent that buys a meth lab lego set should be jailed.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Here's the article I mentioned:

Aug. 11, 2013, 7:31 a.m. EDT
                        How ‘Breaking Bad’ is bad for meth dealers
                        Meth use in decline and enforcement on rise during show’s run

By Maria LaMagna, MarketWatch

During its five-year run, “Breaking Bad,” the hit AMC show chronicling the rise and (presumably) fall of a high-school chemistry teacher–turned–meth kingpin, has only grown in popularity. But, as the drama returns for its final eight episodes beginning Sunday, the real-life meth problem may be slowly winding down, too, drugenforcement experts say.

AMC Enlarge Image
                        Bryan Cranston as Walter White in “Breaking Bad.”

Though fictional drug lord Walter White might be pleased to hear that the meth sold on the street has never been purer, use of the drug has remained flat during the show’s run, and may have even declined slightly, data shows.

According to the most recent data from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, more than 400,000 people age 12 and over were users of methamphetamine in 2011. That is similar to the total each year from 2007 to 2010 but a drop from peak use, between 2002 and 2006, when the number of users was consistently closer to 700,000.
                        • Breaking-news alerts: Get free email alerts the instant news breaks

More meth producers are being caught than ever before, according to the Drug Enforcement Administration. In 2008, the year the AMC (NASDAQ:AMCX) show premiered, officials seized 2,241 kilograms of meth in the Southwest, where “Breaking Bad” is set. In 2012 they seized 10,137 kilograms — an increase they credit to better enforcement. The show has been praised for its accurate depictions of the gruesome drug trade, but officials would not comment on whether its popularity has had any impact on meth use.
                        Click to Play
                        Is ‘Breaking Bad’ bad for meth dealers?

As AMC’s “Breaking Bad” starts its final season, there’s some good news: meth use has declined during the show’s five-year run. Maria LaMagna joins Lunch Break.

Encouraging statistics aside, drug-enforcement officials say the meth problem is far from fully contained. From 2007 to 2012, the street price of meth decreased 72%. But the purity of meth produced increased drastically.

That is “absolutely not good news,” says Rusty Payne, a spokesman for the DEA. It is a “powerful, terribly addictive drug, and it isn’t terribly expensive,” he said.

Meth causes damaging ripple effects in communities, from lowering property values when a home is busted for meth production to endangering children. See also: 10 things bars won’t tell you.
                        WSJ

Comment

• Fairwrning
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Holy Shit..Robert Forster driving the van

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                            Any parent that buys a meth lab lego set should be jailed.
                            I agree, but it's not the company Lego, it's some scumbag rip-off outfit. I won't post their name nor links and I don't want anyone to publicize these cunts anymore than the national outrage already has...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Wow, did Saul just tell Walter Heisenberg to turn himself in?

Comment

• Fairwrning
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Someone mentioned a court scene earlier in this thread...I still wonder why Walt semi-admitted killing Hank.

Comment

Working...