X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fairwrning
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
    Neither have I. Initially, I thought Jessie was going to whack the guy over the head with the shovel once he approached him.
    I thought maybe Meth heads have some secret about something spectacular hidden in the ground,

Comment

• Northern Girl
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

There might be some withdrawal...when the show ends, it can feel like an opaque curtain has descended around you, separating you from the rest of the world. You move around as if in a bubble. Even the most familiar things—scenery near where you live, the voices of people you know—seem alien and far away. Even the brains of people grieving the end of a tv show look like the brains of people experiencing a death.

Outside your bubble, the world continues without you, while everything inside feels deadened, empty, even hopeless. You feel isolated, alone. You may feel directionless, as if you can’t see your way through this darkness to any possibilities beyond this bubble that now separates you from the world.

Take it one minute or even one second at a time. It’s okay to stay in bed and eat a lot of ice cream. If you are able to eat, eat food that comforts you. It’s okay to have your friends and family babysit you. It’s okay to feel utterly incapacitated. It’s okay to take a few days off from work (if you can). It's ok to lie there and stare at the ceiling while time ticks by painfully slowly. It’s a colossal loss and must be understood as such. Your whole life has just changed.

When the fog starts to clear, you will start to feel lighter, less scared, and the withdrawal ultimately subsides. And most importantly, by allowing yourself to truly mourn the end of this show, you can move forward to another one.
      Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Fairwrning
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Hence, the holiday season complete series DVD..with scenes that were cut...outtakes and interviews...withdrawls will be minimal.

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
          Am a Blokey we don't cry ... Except maybe when mickey died in rocky and my contacts were a bit uncomfortable with dust when that little lions dad died in that cartoon ;-)

Hail to the king baby.....

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• envy_me
            Swedish Love Pump
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Dec 2010

What is it about this show? You people seem obsessed.
            The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Truthfully, I've never seen this show, but after all the hype, it's definitely on the list for one of those shows I'll watch next summer when there's nothing on TV but reruns and "reality" shit.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• envy_me
                Swedish Love Pump
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by FORD
                Truthfully, I've never seen this show, but after all the hype, it's definitely on the list for one of those shows I'll watch next summer when there's nothing on TV but reruns and "reality" shit.

I never watched it either. It sounds pretty depressing. A co-worker explained it to me. Some guy gets cancer and knows he's gonna die and turnes criminal.
                I perfer shows that make me laugh.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Where to begin.....

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

It's hard to explain ... It's like yeah four guys play musical instruments , yeah
                    Singers loud , guitarist plays a lot and the songs are canny , you mean Van halen !!
                    ... You either get it or you don't .
                    My wife Hates it ,I think its secretly because I Like it
                    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Fairwrning
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Netflix season 1...its more than just the story...its the writing and the way it is presented..hard to explain..I can see where you may love or hate it..Ive tried several shows on netflix..BB is the only one that has hooked me..

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

I think the litmus test is does this make you laugh :

Fuck you and your eyebrows
                        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Fairwrning
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

My daughter got me the !st season on dvd..I kinda took it as a subtle hint to quit smoking since Walt has cancer..(he doesnt smoke btw).They really hit that hard early on..you really can put yourself in Walt's shoes...the characters grow on you.plenty of comedy along the way.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by envy_me
                            I never watched it either. It sounds pretty depressing. A co-worker explained it to me. Some guy gets cancer and knows he's gonna die and turnes criminal.
                            That's like describing Christmas to an unknowing child that it's just a day when some bearded fat guy throws a couple of crappy toys down your chimney.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                              Netflix season 1...its more than just the story...its the writing and the way it is presented..hard to explain..I can see where you may love or hate it..Ive tried several shows on netflix..BB is the only one that has hooked me..
                              I will say that a big part of my enjoyment of the show was binge watching it. The character metamorphosis seems much more realistic in rapid fire watching rather than waiting a full week to see 45 minutes of their lives. You pick up on all that causes their change in rationale when you're completely locked in. Granted, you yourself become immersed and insane, but that's ok. As Northern Girl said, the fog does clear, just in time to throw yourself into the world of The Walking Dead.

Comment

• envy_me
                                Swedish Love Pump
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Dec 2010

You guys are nuts

Comment

Working...