X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angel
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
    It's not that at all. If you were one of those altar boys that got molested by a priest would you watch a show about a priest who molests altar boys? I didn't mention the fact that my ex was a tweaker too. Bitch pissed away my life savings on meth. I pissed away a nice portion of it myself but then again it was my money, not hers.
    If I got to see the pope get his face blown off...yeah, I would...
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Angel
      If I got to see the pope get his face blown off...yeah, I would...
      That's not cool. I was raised to believe all Catholics are going to Hell but I've never looked at the pope as an evil individual. In the olden days that had evil popes. The dug one up, tried him, convicted him and threw his dead body out the window into a river.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by FORD
        Nobody hates tweakers more than me, but everything I've read in this thread and elsewhere suggests that this was a very well written, well acted show. Haven't seen a single episode yet, but it's something I plan to do over the summer.

You don't have to support the lifestyle to appreciate some good fiction. I'm not a fan of the mafia, personally, but that didn't keep me from watching The Sopranos, right?
        You definitely should watch this.

It's basically the best TV that's been done.

The Sopranos was good but this is better.

The problem these shows usually have is ending at the right time, the West Wing and House went on too long and although the Sopranos ended well (after you sat down and thought about it) there was a whole bunch of jumped shark.

Comment

• cadaverdog
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister

the Sopranos ended well (after you sat down and thought about it) there was a whole bunch of jumped shark.
          I watched every episode of The Sopranos but I didn't get the ending until it was explained to me later. The worst ending to a series I ever saw was Lost. I felt like I'd wasting years of my life watching the show after it ended. I still think everybody died in the crash but Jack and he died soon afterwards. What we saw was what went through his mind as he was dying.
          Beware of Dog

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

My favorite TV of the last decade or so was probably Dexter. It didn't make me want to run out and become a serial killer. Probably all of us had wished at one time or another that we could take some piece of shit off the street who committed a crime and got away with it. We just don't act on it.....
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Angel
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

That's not cool. I was raised to believe all Catholics are going to Hell but I've never looked at the pope as an evil individual. In the olden days that had evil popes. The dug one up, tried him, convicted him and threw his dead body out the window into a river.
              You would have to watch the series to get it...
              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Angel
                You would have to watch the series to get it...
                Since I don't intend to watch the series. (I don't watch that much TV) I did the next best thing. I read the story on Wikipedia. It doesn't go into a lot of detail but enough to convince me it's the kind of show you'd have to watch from start to finish to understand. It also sounds like it has an ending that doesn't make you wish you'd never starting watching it like Lost. An appropriate ending. Who knows, I might even get around to watching it someday. If my back gets any worse I might actually qualify for disability soon. If I do I'll have plenty of spare time on my hands.
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• Satan
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

That's ridiculous to assume that all Catholics are in Hell. Most of them are, of course, but then so are most of the Protestants.
                  Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                  I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Satan
                    That's ridiculous to assume that all Catholics are in Hell.
                    According to Southern Baptists Catholics are going to Hell for praying to saints instead of God. Their version of God demands that you pray to him and only to him. But then they say it's O K to pray to Jesus. The new testament and the old testament contradict each other quite a few times.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• Fairwrning
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

"I assure you I could kill you from way over here, if that makes you feel any better"...

Fucking classic

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Satan
                        That's ridiculous to assume that all Catholics are in Hell. Most of them are, of course, but then so are most of the Protestants.
                        It's ridiculous to assume anyone is.

Comment

• Angel
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Finished the series at work today. I never would have believed I could be capable of wanting to kick a corpse...but, I could definitely kick that one!

Oh...and I just want to give Jessie a big hug.

Mission Accomplished. Watched the entire series at work using their wifi. Now to get caught up on Coronation Street before I start new job June 2.

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

You wanted to kick walt ?
                            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Jesus Christ
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2004

According to Southern Baptists Catholics are going to Hell for praying to saints instead of God. Their version of God demands that you pray to him and only to him. But then they say it's O K to pray to Jesus. The new testament and the old testament contradict each other quite a few times.
                              My Father and I are One. I love My Mother very much, as everyone should love their mother, but she is not God, nor are any of My Disciples whom ye now call saints.

Comment

• Jesus Christ
                                Veteran
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                It's ridiculous to assume anyone is.
                                Verily, nobody should go to Hell, for I have told you how to not end up there. But many refuse My teachings.

Comment

Working...