• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

The Magnum P.I. Thread

Originally posted by ELVIS
    I think too many people these days let feelings dictate their lives rather than rational thought...

On top of that, people are medicated with so many substances, it's incredible they manage to function, let alone pay attention to what's going on...

People need to wake up!

That's the truth right there! Although I did like your Magnum PI reference a few posts back. Classic!
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

• gbranton
    Veteran
    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by DONNIEP
    That's the truth right there! Although I did like your Magnum PI reference a few posts back. Classic!
    I loved Thomas, he and Higgy baby (as Theodore Calvin called him) were quite an odd couple.
    "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
      I loved Thomas, he and Higgy baby (as Theodore Calvin called him) were quite an odd couple.
      I had a friend who worked at the Polynesian Cultural Center. We were watching TV and Magnum PI comes on and she started to get really pissed. I go what's the matter and she goes he's such an asshole. I'm like who? I guess the dude that played Higgins was on one of her tours and I guess was a real prick. Oh well, polynesians are like Italians. They can be very loving but get on their bad side and there is hell to pay and they remember.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        I had a friend who worked at the Polynesian Cultural Center. We were watching TV and Magnum PI comes on and she started to get really pissed. I go what's the matter and she goes he's such an asshole. I'm like who? I guess the dude that played Higgins was on one of her tours and I guess was a real prick. Oh well, polynesians are like Italians. They can be very loving but get on their bad side and there is hell to pay and they remember.
        Higgins a prick??? Who woulda ever thunk it?

Comment

• gbranton
          Veteran
          • Aug 2005

Did you know that Selleck was forced by CBS to turn down a role in a motion picture, then because of a subsequent SAG strike he ended up not working while the movie was made with another actor? I'm sure it didn't bother him too much though, I mean after all who would want to play a character with a silly name like Indiana Jones?
          "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

It is illegal here to carry into a bar or be under the influence of alcohol.
            I bought a book on old west gunslingers. It has lots of pictures and covers people like Wild Bill Hickcok, Bat masterdom, Wyatt Earp and such. What's cool is it has a lot of photos of the old mining towns in the day. In one photo there is a big sign telling people to check their firearms in at the Sheriff's office and it was actually illegal to go into a saloon with a gun. I guess too many people were getting drunk and killing each other. So nothing new there. Also on the sign was an ad for a drink call Prikity Ash Biters. LOL! So check your gun but buy some booze.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Did you know that Selleck was forced by CBS to turn down a role in a motion picture, then because of a subsequent SAG strike he ended up not working while the movie was made with another actor? I'm sure it didn't bother him too much though, I mean after all who would want to play a character with a silly name like Indiana Jones?
              Harrison Ford was perfect for the Indiana role. Let's see Selleck played the cop in the movie where Gene Simmons was the crazed bad guy and he was in Quiggly Down Under. Then of course Thomas Magnum. Didn't he do a couple cameos on Friends?

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Yep, and due to the actor's strike he actually could have done both roles. You sould check out the E True Hollywood Story about Magnum PI if you haven't seen it.

Comment

• gbranton
                  Veteran
                  • Aug 2005

Higgins a prick??? Who woulda ever thunk it?
                  Hillerman was awesome in Blazing Saddles as well. The only other movie I remember him being in was High Plains Drifter.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

This thread is getting good...

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                      Harrison Ford was perfect for the Indiana role. Let's see Selleck played the cop in the movie where Gene Simmons was the crazed bad guy and he was in Quiggly Down Under. Then of course Thomas Magnum. Didn't he do a couple cameos on Friends?
                      He did the Quigley and Runaway roles while he was shooting Magnum. Magnum began in 1980. There is no reason I should know this...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Hillerman was awesome in Blazing Saddles as well. The only other movie I remember him being in was High Plains Drifter.
                        I saw him on some interview show and because of his role on Magnum PI everyone thought he was british. Actually the dude is from Texas.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Damn, did we derail this motherfucker or what?

Comment

• SunisinuS
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • May 2010

Unforgiven is my Model.

Deserve has nothing to do with it.
                            Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I'm pretty sure he turned it down on his own...

Comment

Working...