• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • envy_me
    Swedish Love Pump
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
    Here's a tip envy_me: STOP WATCHING TLC!

There, now you can enjoy your life. Dropping the cable/satellite TV would help as well. And don't give me that excuse of: But I've got to watch (insert soccer team here).

I've dropped cable TV and I feel better knowing that cunt Rupert Murdoch is gonna be a little less rich this year.
    We don't have TLC, this was shown on one of the three basic channels.
    The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• envy_me
      Swedish Love Pump
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by motherchicken
      I saw some peeps talkin' bout floaters. I've had cataract surgery on my left eye and not only did it ruin my eyesight I see floaters all the time. One of them looks like a sea horse. Thank God my insurance only authorized one procedure per year and ran out before they did the other eye.
      But you still have cataract on your right eye? Which is worse, the floaters or cataract?
      There is also surgery for floaters but they have to empty your eyeball, I ain't doing that.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
        Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

I had cataract surgery and, same thing, I have huge floaters, one that will obscure my vision if it floats far enough to the left. Funny how it got there, I had a capillary burst inside my eye. It looked like somebody squirted ink into my eye, all black and liquidy. Then it broke down into thousands of tiny black dots which got lighter over two weeks or so. Finally, that blood clumped together into this huge floater. Whenever I have my eyes checked, the optomitrist says "WHOA that's huge!" But they won't do surgery to get it out due to dire complications.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Baby Jesus seems to have done a shitty job when designing eyes and teeth.

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Why is it all this talk of floaters... reminds me of the 70's and LSD?
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• envy_me
              Swedish Love Pump
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Sensible Shoes
              I had cataract surgery and, same thing, I have huge floaters, one that will obscure my vision if it floats far enough to the left. Funny how it got there, I had a capillary burst inside my eye. It looked like somebody squirted ink into my eye, all black and liquidy. Then it broke down into thousands of tiny black dots which got lighter over two weeks or so. Finally, that blood clumped together into this huge floater. Whenever I have my eyes checked, the optomitrist says "WHOA that's huge!" But they won't do surgery to get it out due to dire complications.
              Omg!! That is terrible! I feel for you sister, I really do. Mine got smaller after the doctor pointed that strong light in my eye.
              I guess we're all dameged goods here

Comment

• motherchicken
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by envy_me
                But you still have cataract on your right eye? Which is worse, the floaters or cataract?
                There is also surgery for floaters but they have to empty your eyeball, I ain't doing that.
                It's not only the floaters it's the fact that sometimes I see fine out of my left eye sometimes I only see blurr. The cataract on my right eye doesn't seem to affect my vision much. They only found out about it when I started complaining that after the surgery I had better than 20/20 then it went to shit. They tried to get the insurance to OK the procedure for the right eye sooner but they wouldn't budge. Then I got laid off and lost my insurance. Then my eyesight got worse. I went back to where I had the surgery and without insurance they wouldn't even give me an appointment. I'll probably lawyer up and see if that will change their minds.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I see floaters in my toilet!!

Comment

• motherchicken
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    I see floaters in my toilet!!
                    Try flushing.

Comment

• envy_me
                      Swedish Love Pump
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by motherchicken
                      It's not only the floaters it's the fact that sometimes I see fine out of my left eye sometimes I only see blurr. The cataract on my right eye doesn't seem to affect my vision much. They only found out about it when I started complaining that after the surgery I had better than 20/20 then it went to shit. They tried to get the insurance to OK the procedure for the right eye sooner but they wouldn't budge. Then I got laid off and lost my insurance. Then my eyesight got worse. I went back to where I had the surgery and without insurance they wouldn't even give me an appointment. I'll probably lawyer up and see if that will change their minds.
                      If they screwed up your eye it should be their obligation to fix it for no cost.
                      I am lucky I don't have to think about insurance. I am not sure exactly how it works, but if you would to insure yourself would that work? Or do you have to have your place of work do it? How does it work?
                      I have my cats insured, I just pay to the insurance company about 1000 crowns per year, per cat. Thats about 140 dollars per cat. And after a certain amount they pay for their vet costs.
                      Last edited by envy_me; 08-21-2012, 05:03 AM.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I have my cats insured, I just pay to the insurance company about 1000 crowns per year, per cat. Thats about 140 dollars per cat. And after a certain amount they pay for their vet costs.
                        I find that practice just crazy... I enjoy our pets, but outside of a minor injury or simple issue like a minor infection that easily treatable... I can't see spending that kind of money or more to keep the animal alive. If there's something more serious wrong with an animal... odds are it can't be cured and the poor thing just lives in misery so you don't lose your emotional attachment... I'd rather they don't suffer due to human psychosis.

Definitely not paying insurance for something that can be put down for $30 and replaced for about the same or nothing.
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• motherchicken
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                          I find that practice just crazy... I enjoy our pets, but outside of a minor injury or simple issue like a minor infection that easily treatable... I can't see spending that kind of money or more to keep the animal alive. If there's something more serious wrong with an animal... odds are it can't be cured and the poor thing just lives in misery so you don't lose your emotional attachment... I'd rather they don't suffer due to human psychosis.

Definitely not paying insurance for something that can be put down for $30 and replaced for about the same or nothing.
                          You'd be suprised by the cost of treating even a minor pet illness or injury. To some people including me my pet is much more than a pet. My little dog is one of the family. She can't be replaced period. She gives me unconditional love. Of course I'd have her put down if I knew she would better off. But I hope I never have to make that choice.

Comment

• motherchicken
                            • Nov 2009

If they screwed up your eye it should be their obligation to fix it for no cost.
                            I am lucky I don't have to think about insurance. I am not sure exactly how it works, but if you would to insure yourself would that work? Or do you have to have your place of work do it? How does it work?
                            You can insure yourself but it's expensive. Not too many companies provide insurance any more either. At least not for blue collar workers. More companies are offering you plans that you pay for through payroll deduction that are a little cheaper because you're getting group rates because they're preparing for the implementation of Obamacare or some simular regulations.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                              Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Well I'm sure nobody's surprised to hear that I've spent thousands on various illnesses and accidents. I guess it's different when you have no kids and the dogs fill up that space.

The hardest decision I've had to make was when my Big guy was incontinent and failing in his rear end, but he was all there upstairs. I decided it was time for him to go when one day he was drinking out of his bucket and peeing out the other end at the same time. No dignity left for him, so I said goodbye. If it was fixable, I would have fixed it. But it still hurts.

Oh dear.

Comment

• katina
                                Commando
                                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Sensible Shoes
                                Well I'm sure nobody's surprised to hear that I've spent thousands on various illnesses and accidents. I guess it's different when you have no kids and the dogs fill up that space.

The hardest decision I've had to make was when my Big guy was incontinent and failing in his rear end, but he was all there upstairs. I decided it was time for him to go when one day he was drinking out of his bucket and peeing out the other end at the same time. No dignity left for him, so I said goodbye. If it was fixable, I would have fixed it. But it still hurts.
                                That´s was very painful, it hurts and it will hurt forever.... I know, I had to make it many times, I have lot of Pet friends, I don´t care how much money I spend on them, even if some of them don´t live with me, ....if they need help, I will do my best.
                                Last edited by katina; 08-21-2012, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Working...