Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

I said SMAUG bitches!!! Cower your asses in fear!!!! RAWR!!!!!!

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

I always wanted to beat the shit out of Bilbo Baggins. I always found hobbits annoying.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Fuck yeah! It's gonna be awesome!!!!!!

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          I always wanted to beat the shit out of Bilbo Baggins. I always found hobbits annoying.

That's why in world Of Warcraft I play a gnome

Comment

• Green Manalishi
            Head Fluffer
            • Jul 2010

I saw it today . Took the girlfriend and her 10 year old son . Enjoyed it thoroughly . It starts out a bit slow but once it rolls , it really rolls . Well paced , visually stunning with super-cool effects and the sound quality is superb . Yes , sorting out all the dwarves was a bit of a challenge but several familiar characters remain . I feel that Peter Jackson and company have done an overall superb job though , but for the movies sake , they have taken some liberties with the original story lines .
            I must say this , I am a bit biased . I loved the book when I was a teenager and I loved the first three movies . Went to see all three of them and bought all three when they were released on DVD . So , needless to say , I've been chomping at the bit in anticipation of this latest movie . I can hardly wait til the next two are released and I will most certainly purchase them in Blu-Ray when they are available .
            I can't wait to see how the Necromancer pans out as well as Smaug and the king of the Orcs . Cool stuff .

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

I am planning on going again just me and the kids but this time to watch the 3d version . But saying that the 2d was still pretty cool .
              Last edited by vandeleur; 12-16-2012, 06:41 PM.
              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

I will see the 3D version right off the bat.

Once I get it on DVD, it will be 2D, so wtf...I want an immersive experience.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

The Hobbit has always been my favorite book...read it every year...

...and I haven't seen the movie yet...

Going later this week...

can't fucking wait.

I've not heard one bad report on it yet from folks that have actually gone...but I'll hold judgement for myself. Not sure how they are pulling off the threequel...

I'm guessing that they get to Golumn and perhaps just after in the first portion of the movie...maybe to the Misty Mountains...and it ends with the Goblins

Then get through Mirkwood in movie 2...ending with the stuff with the wood-elves...or even past that...to the Long Lake

With the entire focus of the third movie on Smaug...starts with them facing the mountain...

If they do that...I suppose there's three there...and pretty easy...

and that third movie...and the relationship between the dwarves, hobbits and smaug...

It could be incredible...
                  "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

pojo ,am a big tolkien fan and went thinking how they gonna string this out . But dont worry mate its great and it doesnt feel like any padding what so ever.
                    Every body I know who went said the same thing after they left ..... I gotta see the dragon . They have set it up class.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

So where do they end the movie?

Is it with the Goblins...or...with the threat of the Goblins? Are they in the Mistys?
                      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Wait...don't fucking tell me...lol...

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

Lol you will find out next week

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

Poj, you will love it.

Am so glad PJ decided to just do The Hobbit, never mind turn it into 3 films. But I will just say the film is ended at the perfect spot.

And....the very final shot of the film, just before the credits, can be unnerving.

Yes it is shot at 48 frames per second, but it only makes it look better. I had forgotten that fact when I saw it, and it looked great.

Also, go ahead and see it in 3-D. The 3-D effect is done just perfectly. Not over used, or used stupidly. Not under-used at all.

Fantastic work by Peter Jackson.

Fuck the fucking critics.

The Hobbit films were produced back to back to back, like The Lord of the Rings films. Principal photography for The Hobbit films began on 21 March 2011 in New Zealand[36] and ended on 6 July 2012, after 266 days of filming.[37] Pick-ups for An Unexpected Journey were filmed in July 2012 as well.[38] Work on the film was expected to be completed on 26 November, just two days prior to the film's Wellington premiere
                            The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug is due out Dec. 13, 2013.
                            The Hobbit: There and Back Again is due out July 18, 2014

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                              Poj, you will love it.

Am so glad PJ decided to just do The Hobbit, never mind turn it into 3 films. But I will just say the film is ended at the perfect spot.

And....the very final shot of the film, just before the credits, can be unnerving.

Yes it is shot at 48 frames per second, but it only makes it look better. I had forgotten that fact when I saw it, and it looked great.

Also, go ahead and see it in 3-D. The 3-D effect is done just perfectly. Not over used, or used stupidly. Not under-used at all.

Fantastic work by Peter Jackson.

Fuck the fucking critics.

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug is due out Dec. 13, 2013.
                              The Hobbit: There and Back Again is due out July 18, 2014
                              I can't wait...tonight or tomorrow night...probably tomorrow night...late show...

Comment

Working...