• Show
Clear All
  • gbranton
    Veteran
    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by DONNIEP
    Back to the topic..

Even GB can't get this one...
    OMG Vanishing Point, I love Cleavon Little.

If you watch the ending where the driver hits the bulldozer, it's not even a Challenger.
    "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

One of my favorite movie moments is when Ice T tells Wesley Snipes - "I want to kill you so bad my dick is hard"...That's cold blooded.
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• gbranton
        Veteran
        • Aug 2005

Here's a famous movie car, in a movie based on a book called, ironically enough, The Chase.

"Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
          I thought I fixed it.

If that's you with Marcinko then you know what I'm talkin' about. I never was a shooter and looter. But I met the man once and he left an impression on me. That guy is tougher than nails and he's as nice as he can be as long as you follow protocol. Which is kinda funny since he professes to have hated protocol. Motherfucker, I had to be introduced to him by my dad. And this sumbitch had "stolen" nuclear subs AND had placed "explosives" close to Air Force One. And if anybody here thinks I'm making this shit up then all you gotta do is go to youtube and search for Red Cell.

Comment

• gbranton
            Veteran
            • Aug 2005

If that's you with Marcinko then you know what I'm talkin' about. That guy is tougher than nails and he's as nice as he can be as long as you follow protocol.
            Yeah that's me in 2000, I only got to talk to him for a couple of minutes but yeah he was very nice, funny too. He was wearing flip flops and shorts and when he talks about his feet being tough and going barefoot in Vietnam I believe him, his hands and feet were very rugged, his grip strong and his gaze steely, not someone to fuck with.

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Yeah that's me in 2000, I only got to talk to him for a couple of minutes but yeah he was very nice, funny too. He was wearing flip flops and shorts and when he talks about his feet being tough and going barefoot in Vietnam I believe him, his hands and feet were very rugged, his grip strong and his gaze steely, not someone to fuck with.
              Over the years I've met a whole lot of mean motherfuckers, thanks to my Dad. But that sumbitch was the only one who did not look at me funny because I was a small dude. And if you've never met Dick Marcinko, well, then you wouldn't understand. GB, I don't know if you're a SEAL, but IF you are then you're part of a small cadre of of men I've met or been lucky to be friends with over the years.
              Last edited by DONNIEP; 08-14-2012, 04:07 AM.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

LBFMs

Comment

• gbranton
                  Veteran
                  • Aug 2005

But that sumbitch was the only one who did not look at me funny because I was a small dude.

GB, I don't know if you're a SEAL...........
                  If you read his books, he states that he often preferred smaller men for Seal Team Six because of the endurance factor, the bigger guys often burned out before a smaller man would. He stressed that he always looked at heart and desire.

No, I am not a Seal, just a fan of his early books and an avid collector of books, prints and such. I know and have met or talked to some pretty interesting dudes over the years, from Flying Tigers to Blue Angels crew chiefs.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

If you read his books, he states that he often preferred smaller men for Seal Team Six because of the endurance factor, the bigger guys often burned out before a smaller man would. He stressed that he always looked at heart and desire.

No, I am not a Seal, just a fan of his early books and an avid collector of books, prints and such. I know and have met or talked to some pretty interesting dudes over the years, from Flying Tigers to Blue Angels crew chiefs.
                    Holy Hell...You ever sat in the cockpit of an F14?

Comment

• gbranton
                      Veteran
                      • Aug 2005

Holy Hell...You ever sat in the cockpit of an F14?
                      No, but the military aircraft that I have sat in convinced me that the cockpits weren't built with me in mind.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

No, but the military aircraft that I have sat in convinced me that the cockpits weren't built with me in mind.
                        An LCAC is even worse!

The best trip I ever took was in an LCAC. The goddamn thing hit the beach in Norfolk at about 50 miles an hour. And it was smooth as hell when it transitioned from water to concrete.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Nobody's put one up in a couple of hours - is it cool if I post one?

Didn't see that anybody guessed this one yet...so I'll answer it.

The movie is "Foul Play"

It also has Chevy Chase, Goldie Hawn, and Brian Dennehy. Great fucking movie...one of my faves from when I was a kid!

It also features this scary ass motherfucking albino as the villain...

Originally posted by perilouspete
                          fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

I'll toss one in...

Any guesses on this one?

Originally posted by perilouspete
                            fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
                              I'll toss one in...

Any guesses on this one?
                              Nighthawks! That movie was awesome, and unless you had a movie channel or two in the early days of cable tv sometime around 1982, you've more than likely never seen it. The film features a totally cool soundtrack by Keith Emerson, a villain played by Rutger Hauer and a script that was originally the outline for a proposed French Connection III movie that never was made.

Try this one, from perhaps the greatest movie ever made and featuring one of the planet's finest actors, Clancy Brown (third from left). No, I'm not kidding on either point.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

Nighthawks is defo a class movie
                                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

Working...