• Show
Clear All
  • gbranton
    Veteran
    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Little Texan
    Here's a fairly easy one...
    Falling Down.
    "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
      No, he showed ME how to drive, I saw Smokey and the Bandit seven Saturdays in a row at the theater alone.
      Seriously, has there ever been a more fun car movie?
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• gbranton
        Veteran
        • Aug 2005

Anybody got any guesses on my Robert Redford film above? Hint: it is a prison movie but not the awesome Brubaker.
        "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• gbranton
          Veteran
          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by DONNIEP
          Seriously, has there ever been a more fun car movie?
          Probably not, the first Cannonball Run movie was up there, as was Hooper.

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Probably not, the first Cannonball Run movie was up there, as was Hooper.
            Dammit!! You would have to mention Cannon Ball Run (which was loosely based on a real race across the country) and motherfucking Hooper!! I was looking for stills from Hooper!!

Comment

• gbranton
              Veteran
              • Aug 2005

Dammit!! You would have to mention Cannon Ball Run (which was loosely based on a real race across the country) and motherfucking Hooper!!
              I have Brock Yates' book about the Cannonball Run, it's a pretty good read, Hal Needham's book "Stuntman...." is on my Amazon wish list. I want to learn more about those movies.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Ok, no hints here. Not even a movie clip. Just a shot of a car - and not even the real car but a replica. Goddammit GB, if you know this one then I bow down to your extensive knowledge of cars in movies and you sir are the King of car movies!

Comment

• gbranton
                  Veteran
                  • Aug 2005

Ok, no hints here. Not even a movie clip. Just a shot of a car - and not even the real car but a replica. Goddammit GB, if you know this one then I bow down to your extensive knowledge of cars in movies and you sir are the King of car movies!
                  Corvette Summer, Mark Hamill.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

Corvette Summer, Mark Hamill.
                    One last question. Why did Mark's character choose that car to customize? There is no reason on Earth why you or anybody else should know this...

Comment

• gbranton
                      Veteran
                      • Aug 2005

Hamill, incedentally is doing voice work for video games these days, I beat some shooter a good while back and noticed his name in the credits. That prompted me to look him up and find out he's also doing a lot of cartoons as well, so no need to feel sorry for Luke Skywalker.

Comment

• gbranton
                        Veteran
                        • Aug 2005

One last question. Why did Mark's character choose that car to customize? There is no reason on Earth why you or anybody else should know this...
                        Man, it has been a long time since I saw this. The only odd thing (other than it's appearance) about the car is it was right hand drive, so I'm going to guess it has something to do with that.

Comment

• gbranton
                          Veteran
                          • Aug 2005

A favorite, but probably easy.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Man, it has been a long time since I saw this. The only odd thing (other than it's appearance) about the car is it was right hand drive, so I'm going to guess it has something to do with that.
                            If my memory serves me, Mark's character was sitting in a junk yard and the Sting Ray or Corvette logo falls off a car into his hands and he decides to resurrect the car. I could be wrong - hell, I probably am wrong And the car was right-hand drive via a system of chains and sprockets, kinda like a bicycle. One of the originals is still around and there are a handful of replicas out there.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

A favorite, but probably easy.

Cop Land?

Comment

• gbranton
                                Veteran
                                • Aug 2005

If my memory serves me, Mark's character was sitting in a junk yard and the Sting Ray or Corvette logo falls off a car into his hands and he decides to resurrect the car.
                                That's right, he chased the Vette down, which was suspended from a crane and saved it from the crusher.

Comment

Working...