X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
    Brown ale is lush , but it's tough to have a whole night drinking it cos it tricks you into thinking
    " this is nice I can totally drink this all"
    .........Then you wake up in bed with a pizza .
    It's good brew. The place I buy gas sells it. I prefer Mexican beer if I want to get sauced to the gills. Frankly, if I'm out to get drunk, it's going to be on something hecho en Mexico.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Satan
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Yeah that's a drunk conversation I've had before ... It's 101% alcohol how's that etc etc
      If it was 101% alcohol, it would evaporate before you could pour enough for a fucking shot glass! Or burst into flames, in my neighborhood
      Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
      I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

The drink that got me in trouble was Ouzo. I think the stuff we were drinking was 90 or 100 proof. It just goes down so easy. You can easily drink a half bottle of the stuff and then WHAM! the alcohol kicks in and you may be on the carnival ride from hell that you can't get off of and it never stops. Yeah. I got my ass kicked.

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

Yeah , but if your pissed enough to try and drink wild turkey your to pissed to explain abv and proof. Or so I've found lol
          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• envy_me
            Swedish Love Pump
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            The drink that got me in trouble was Ouzo. I think the stuff we were drinking was 90 or 100 proof. It just goes down so easy. You can easily drink a half bottle of the stuff and then WHAM! the alcohol kicks in and you may be on the carnival ride from hell that you can't get off of and it never stops. Yeah. I got my ass kicked.
            Ouzo is okay. I never get to drink a lot of it, cause my best friend LOVES it. I take one shot, she takes the rest of the bottle.
            The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Satan
              If it was 101% alcohol, it would evaporate before you could pour enough for a fucking shot glass! Or burst into flames, in my neighborhood
              When you distill alcohol you toss the first batch and then the second to the fifth batch is going to be the highest proof and then it tapers down after that. Then it's all blended later. If you are getting a good still run your prime batches in the run will run about 190 proof. I've never heard of anyone getting 200 proof or 100%. That's in a pot still. A column still is a whole different ball game. It gets involved. Making good hooch is not easy.

Comment

• envy_me
                Swedish Love Pump
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Dec 2010

We don't say proof. We say procentage of the alcohol. Why don't you guys do that too?

Comment

• Satan
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
                  We don't say proof. We say procentage of the alcohol. Why don't you guys do that too?
                  Damned if I know.

Beer and wine (and all those odd fruit flavored cooler things) always lists the percentage of alcohol. It's only the distilled spirits (the hard stuff) that uses the proof number.
                  Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                  I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Yeah , but if your pissed enough to try and drink wild turkey your to pissed to explain abv and proof. Or so I've found lol
                    It doesn't take much Wild Turkey to make you feel like you are cruising on a cloud off to see God. I can see why Evel Knievel took a shot before each jump. After the Wild Turkey got into him, he probably actually thought he could do it. LOL! Dangerous shit. Too much courage in that bottle.

And in 2003, Knievel admitted that he owned a diamond- encrusted cane that doubled as a flask for Wild Turkey.
                    You are headed for a whole lotta trouble when you take your whiskey home....
                    Last edited by Nitro Express; 11-15-2012, 04:13 AM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Because we would have to rename our booze. Wild Turkey 50.5 doesn't sound as cool as Wild Turkey 101. Also Bacardi 151 would become Bacardi 75.5. Then people would come into the liquor store and see those low numbers and go,"Man. I'm not buying that watered down shit and walk away."

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Ouzo is okay. I never get to drink a lot of it, cause my best friend LOVES it. I take one shot, she takes the rest of the bottle.
                        How rude. Man. I would hate to have her around if you had a real good bottle of absinthe. I've tried the green genie a few times but still got a better high off of Mexican rot gut with worm skin, twigs and dirt in it. Some of that Oaxaca donkey ground rocket fuel will launch you way past Kolob if you aren't careful.
                        Last edited by Nitro Express; 11-15-2012, 04:06 AM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Jim Beam will make you go crazy too. Gotta love bourbon.

Comment

• envy_me
                            Swedish Love Pump
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Dec 2010

How rude. Man. I would hate to have her around if you had a real good bottle of absinthe. I've tried the green genie a few times but still got a better high off of Mexican rot gut with worm skin, twigs and dirt in it. Some of that Oaxaca donkey ground rocket fuel will launch you way past Kolob if you aren't careful.

She's like a sponge.

Comment

• envy_me
                              Swedish Love Pump
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Dec 2010

Because we would have to rename our booze. Wild Turkey 50.5 doesn't sound as cool as Wild Turkey 101. Also Bacardi 151 would become Bacardi 75.5. Then people would come into the liquor store and see those low numbers and go,"Man. I'm not buying that watered down shit and walk away."

They can keep the name as a brand. Like Chanel no 5.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

They can keep the name as a brand. Like Chanel no 5.
                                I looked it up. The term proof is British and was used to grade alcohol. The US regulations on alcohol still use the US proof system to grade alcohol. In Europe when the European Union came into being, they have their own alcohol grading system with is based on a percentage of volume.

I believe they still use proof in Canada. At least the Canadian whiskey we buy here has proof. Like Yukon Jack is 100 proof and says so on the bottle.

Comment

Working...