Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

The problem getting to Mars is the human body goes to pot in zero gravity. You lose a lot of bone and muscle mass. You could send an olympic athletes to Mars and you would get a basket case back.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
      Did you see it in the theater? I did, and I honestly found it a better experience than when I watched it again on VHS later. I think the closed, dark theater added the right type of ambiance to the film. Sitting in front of my TV with a bag of pork rinds with the lights on a year later didn't really do it as much. I think, in some cases, movies can be improved on with the "theater experience" intact.
      When I watched it for the first time I was at home, alone. I have my own little ritual - bowl of popcorn, big giant Diet Coke, no lights on at all, just the TV. No distractions. And the home theatre sound system is turned up so that you feel it without it being overpowering. Space movies are good for this because you have the underlying ship noises that play throughout the movie, loud enough to be heard and felt but not so loud as to drown out the dialogue. And Event Horizon was perfect for this kind of setting.
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        The problem getting to Mars is the human body goes to pot in zero gravity. You lose a lot of bone and muscle mass. You could send an olympic athletes to Mars and you would get a basket case back.
        No, you don't. Everybody knows you put them in some sort of deep sleep and stick 'em in a grav couch for the ride. Duh. And you hope HAL doesn't fuck up while you're sleeping

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
          No, you don't. Everybody knows you put them in some sort of deep sleep and stick 'em in a grav couch for the ride. Duh. And you hope HAL doesn't fuck up while you're sleeping
          Or freeze them Han Solo style and thaw them out at the destination.

Comment

• Dan
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
            Event Horizon was fucking BAD ASS. Sam Neill is THE man.
            Great Kiwi Actor.
            First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

I watched 2010 the space odyssey follow up recently , that was really good I saw that at the movies and enjoyed that.
              Roy scheider was very cool in it. I see you your Sam Neil and play my Roy scheider card ... Tho Sam Neil is a fuck load easier to spell
              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Or freeze them Han Solo style and thaw them out at the destination.
                Ever freeze a tomato?

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                  I watched 2010 the space odyssey follow up recently , that was really good I saw that at the movies and enjoyed that.
                  Roy scheider was very cool in it. I see you your Sam Neil and play my Roy scheider card ... Tho Sam Neil is a fuck load easier to spell
                  I haven't watched 2010 in so many years I can't even remember it. I loved 2001, well, right up until the acid trip ending with the giant fucking baby in space. I like to think when I watch movies - but if I have to decide what the ending means on my own then just fade the damn thing to black. A fucking giant baby...Jesus I've wasted a lot of time reading and listening to other people's interpretations of what the hell that meant

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

It meant the drugs were stronger then lol

2012 held up well sometimes these things date quickly but it was cool
                    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

This isn't the proper thread for this - but you have to check out The Booth At The End. Just look it up and watch it.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                        I haven't watched 2010 in so many years I can't even remember it. I loved 2001, well, right up until the acid trip ending with the giant fucking baby in space. I like to think when I watch movies - but if I have to decide what the ending means on my own then just fade the damn thing to black. A fucking giant baby...Jesus I've wasted a lot of time reading and listening to other people's interpretations of what the hell that meant
                        We had to watch it in art class. It was my last semester of high school. I was a senior ready to get the hell out of there. A girl a year younger was hinting she liked me. At the time I had no interest because I kind of had a girl at the time. She would come up and look at my painting and go "Oh I love the green in this." Hindsight being 20/20, I should have shagged the hell out of her. She wanted it. She was hinting hard. She wrote some sexy stuff in my year book. My wife was reading it and she goes,"Who in the hell is Karen?". Ah some girl I should have fucked. LOL! So when 2001 comes up it reminds me of Karen and I should have been less stuck up and a bigger whore. Lesson learned. We had some hippy dip teacher. We had to listen to Alice's Restaurant too.

In 1984 the year 2001 seemed a zillion years away. I can see when that movie was made they saw us in space like that because technology was moving so fast. Probably what has actually held us back is greed and corruption. There's a small group that seems to want to hold the world back so they can corner the market on everything. Instead of moving forward we are moving backwards because the people in charge of the money supply want the advances for themselves but they want to keep the mass majority of the world pinned down. It's why the banks don't loan to the little people but the big cats speculate currencies over night and make 50% returns on their money.
                        Last edited by Nitro Express; 09-25-2012, 01:35 AM.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

We had some hippy dip teacher. We had to listen to Alice's Restaurant too.
                          My favorite song of my entire life. Well, the motorcycle song was pretty good too

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Hindsight being 20/20 1984 was a great year. I worked hard and played hard. Got drunk a lot and laid a lot. It was taking care of business and party party party. It's one big blur but a good blur.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Hindsight being 20/20 1984 was a great year. I worked hard and played hard. Got drunk a lot and laid a lot. It was taking care of business and party party party. It's one big blur but a good blur.
                              That was 1986 through about 1999 and several spotty years here and there between then and now for me. And I'm still trying to stretch out my youth...although the recovery time is much longer these days

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

The 90's kind of shot by. I don't remember much of it other than working long, long hours. I made a lot of money that decade though. The old joke that goes when you have the time you have no money and when you have money you have no time is so true.
                                Last edited by Nitro Express; 09-25-2012, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Working...