X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    The 90's kind of shot by. I don't remember much of it other than working long, long hours. I made a lot of money that decade though.
    I had plenty of money back then. Now I make more but I'm a single dad so I spend a shitload more and have next to nothing left! That's all right though. Money certainly couldn't have bought all the happiness I've had for the past 12 years. Or maybe it could have
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
      I had plenty of money back then. Now I make more but I'm a single dad so I spend a shitload more and have next to nothing left! That's all right though. Money certainly couldn't have bought all the happiness I've had for the past 12 years. Or maybe it could have
      The problem with money now is who do you trust with it and where do you put it? Nobody really has the answer on that one. In the 90's you just put it in the mutual fund and didn't think about it much. I basically just invested in the S&P 500 because other funds rarely beat it. You figured it was safe and growing. I had great health insurance with my job and bought my first house at a reasonable price. The real estate bubble hadn't gone beyond reason yet. By the late 90's everyone was jacking prices on everything. Healthcare, houses, education. Now the economy has tanked, house prices have gone down in most markets but education and healthcare are still expensive. It's pretty obvious the prices on those are rigged.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...