Another heart-breaking Suicide caused by bullying.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angel
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

There's so much more to this story than bullying. Internet safety, parental control over the 'net, pedophilia, sexism and misogyny, mental illness...the list goes on and on.

I'm a member of the Amanda Todd reporting team. We find the hate pages and report it to FB, requesting removal. FB is VERY slow at doing so. So, we're now hitting them where it hurts...$$$

We take screen shots of banner ads on the page, and send them to the company. SILK Canada is considering removing all ads from FB if they don't remove the offending pages, and is sending a donation in our name to an anti-bullying charity.

One page I reported repeatedly was not taken down...so I sent a screenshot that showed pictures of kids drinking Clorox to the company, and told them I would be boycotting their product because they were allowing stuff like that on FB. To say the least, the page was down within 1/2 an hour.

We also search social media sites for kids that may be reaching out for help. We alerted the police to one last night...hopefully we got it to them in time for them to find her before another tragedy takes place. If we can save one life, then Amanda's death will not have been in vain....

These kids today are fucking nasty, thank God I've had the years in the Front Line to thicken my skin when it comes to cyber-bullying...no names mentioned...
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

Working...