Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angel
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

They had a report up here a little while ago about a cure for cancer. But it's a cheap old drug so no patent so none of the big pharmacy will do the R&D...no profit.
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by sadaist
      I got mine at age 28. That's not very long.
      Shitty luck.

It's like every year you roll 4 dice and if you get 5 or under you get cancer. If you smoke then you only get to roll 3 dice.

Those are just numbers I pulled out my ass but it's all just a lottery which you can effect a little but not that much especially if you have bad genes.

What is unique about you and all of us is that we could technically trace our family tree all the way back to pondlife nillions of years ago.

Unfortunately that only gives you an evolutionary pass of on average pretty good genes.

Once you get older though who is to say that you don't come from a massive long line thousands of years ago that always die when they get to 45 or whatever.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Yount
        Don't say that! I'm smoking a ciggy whist drinking a beer looking at two screens, living under some big-ass power lines, my phone is in my pocket next to my left testicle, and I'm eating a microwave dinner and I've got a sunburn.

Sometimes I think it's the worrying about it that gives you cancer!
        Amazing how all the stuff you worry about never happens but the shit you never thought of or stuff you thought was safe is what burns your ass.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          Shitty luck..

I view it as great luck in a way.

My particular cancer is diagnosed 7,500 times per year in the US. So to me, that means every year 7,500 have to get it. By me getting it I took 1 off the list & freed up some young 9 year old from getting it. That's how I saw it in my mind and I was happy to take one of those 7500 slots in palce of a kid that should be outside laughing with their dog....not in a chemo ward all day.

*I know it really doesn't work that way (probably). But it made me feel better about it :-)
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...