• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    Restaurant food is so cheap in the US.

In London it would be at least twice that.
    Sesh, we didn't order a meal, we were at the bar.... Really, we were just there to see the restaurant and say hello to our son since he had to work that night, and we happened to be on the Strip that night....

These were only appetizers and desserts....

Here was the kobe beef sliders and some meat-filled tortellini....

And here were the desserts, some amazing toffee pudding and brown butter ice cream, which looks like a stick of butter...
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

They look fucking lush ........
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by vandeleur
        They look fucking lush ........
        That slider was the best burger I've ever had....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• fraroc
          Commando
          • Jun 2012

You guys like him? He may be an awesome chef, but he's the fucking male Sharon (META-CUNT) Osbourne. He makes Krusty look like Mother Teresa.
          How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• envy_me
            Swedish Love Pump
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by fraroc
            You guys like him? He may be an awesome chef, but he's the fucking male Sharon (META-CUNT) Osbourne. He makes Krusty look like Mother Teresa.
            I like Sharon, but I agree with everything else you said.
            The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

When you strip away the reality tv show histrionics, Ramsay is nearly universally regarded as a great cook by a wide range of people within the culinary field, and this was the general consensus before he had even appeared on tv.

The basics of what he preaches, in terms of the pursuit of quality and taking pride in your work regardless of the level of cuisine you are preparing, are lessons that more than a few restaurants would be well-served brushing up on.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

Personally, I think this guy is the biggest, most bad-assed chef on tv. Plus, he actually appears to care about people other than himself.

Besides, with pests such as Alton (earnestly buggers) Brown and Guy (Yeah, I'm a douche) Fieri, how much real competition is out there? And if you mention Emeril or Bobby Flay, you deserve to be hit about the skull repeatedly with a damp rolling pin, then pounded with a meat tenderizing mallet, and finally, seasoned with salt and pepper. Maybe some granulated garlic, as well.
                Last edited by chefcraig; 01-19-2013, 12:20 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• envy_me
                  Swedish Love Pump
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by chefcraig
                  Personally, I think this guy is the biggest, most bad-assed chef on tv. Plus, he actually appears to care about people other than himself.

Besides, with pests such as Alton (earnestly buggers) Brown and Guy (Yeah, I'm a douche) Fieri, how much real competition is out there? And if you mention Emeril or Bobby Flay, you deserve to be hit about the skull repeatedly with a damp rolling pin, then pounded with a meat tenderizing mallet, and finally, seasoned with salt and pepper. Maybe some granulated garlic, as well.

We don't have any of those here. We have shows with Ramsey and Jamie Oliver. I like Jamie Oliver more, cause he is way nicer and doesn't yell. I'd never eat anything he cooks though, it doesn't look good. And he lisps, which REALLY annoyes me. Like REALLY bothers me. But I like him.
                  Then we have cooks from our own country. And some danish.

Oh, there is a great show I'd like to recommend, It's called Two Greedy Italians. SO fantastic!!! LOVE Italy!

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by philouze

Love that!

I dig Gordon Ramsey. Watch all his shows & he is really enjoyable. His assholeness is an act. If you pay enough attention to the guy you see he is a really cool guy with a big heart. He just can't let that out too much or it blows his entire schtick.

Only thing I hate is when he gets pissed at an aspiring chef & then proceeds to smash some slightly over cooked steak & throw it in the garbage........while I'm watching eating my ramen or spaghettiO's.
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• envy_me
                      Swedish Love Pump
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Dec 2010

I love him here though

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                        There's a lot of shit restaurants in the US, though...including virtually every chain franchise out there.

Invariably, the best ones are these hole-in-the-wall places, usually family-run.

Even for something as simple as a pizza. We recently were turned onto a local place down here, been around for 30 years, must have driven by it a million times. Went there and the owner/chef stopped by our table, remarked that he hadn't seen us in there before, then took us on a tour of the back of the house. Told us he's always used fresh ingredients, and refused to raise his prices even when the prices on his ingredients (cheese specifically) recently went sharply up in cost. And I'll tell you, this place was just miles above any Domino's, Little Ceasar's or that other chain where that cunt said he'd need to raise the prices of his pizzas if Obama got re-relected...Papa John's. This little family-run joint just had better tasting pizza. And not better by a hair, either. MILES better.
                        Starting a separate thread here...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by sadaist

Only thing I hate is when he gets pissed at an aspiring chef & then proceeds to smash some slightly over cooked steak & throw it in the garbage........while I'm watching eating my ramen or spaghettiO's.
                          Aww, man...

Originally posted by Kristy
                          Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                          Originally posted by cadaverdog
                          I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by fraroc
                            Mother Teresa was a far worse cunt than Sharon Osbourne could dream of being.

Sorry I can't help trying to stop the Mother Theresa mythology any time I see it...

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

Well, being a Catholic nun, I would say she got a head start on being a fucking cunt..

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

Anyway...

Here's a comedy sketch about this whole "Kitchen Nightmares" show:

Comment

Working...