Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BITEYOASS
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

I guess that "If he had a gun" argument can be thrown down the shitter.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
      God created all men. Sam Colt made them equal. It's whoever hits their target first.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
        Yeah, especially the Wayne LaPierre bullshit about "the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".

Didn't work so well for this "good guy"
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Speaking of which...

Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Say hello to my little friend. Eric Holder gave it to me.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              Also one problem the military has is getting the infantry to actually shoot other human beings. Often solders will fire their weapon but intentionally miss. Most people aren't killers. The people in charge want to make war as impersonal as possible.
              When the US military discovered that 10% of troops were doing almost all the killing and many of the rest were as you say aiming to miss or not firing at all, they did a lot of work to up this rate.

I can't prove this but I wonder if this hasn't had a downside where US soldiers became trigger happy leading to more 'friendly fire' and civilian casualties.

That's definitely been the perception here since the Gulf wars. I think in the first Gulf war more British troops were killed by Americans than Iraqis.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                When the US military discovered that 10% of troops were doing almost all the killing and many of the rest were as you say aiming to miss or not firing at all, they did a lot of work to up this rate.

I can't prove this but I wonder if this hasn't had a downside where US soldiers became trigger happy leading to more 'friendly fire' and civilian casualties.
                The case has been made that this is what contributed to the perceived higher rates of PTSD rates on Vietnam Veterans. But the truth is that a minority of soldiers tend to do the most killing - probably about 20% of the soldiers kill about 80% of the enemy KIA's in firefights...

That's definitely been the perception here since the Gulf wars. I think in the first Gulf war more British troops were killed by Americans than Iraqis.
                I think that's a bit misleading, as the Iraqis largely showed themselves incapable of killing Coalition troops, and the rapid advance and technology leaps made friendly fire inevitable. But there were plenty of instances of fratricide in WWII and so on. I think almost 200 American soldiers, including a senior U.S. general (Leslie McNair), were killed in a tactical bombing raid designed to shock the Germans in Normandy right before the "Breakout" after D-Day...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Well to be fair I imagine watching the US bomb one of their own generals would have at least surprised them if not shocked them.

Too soon?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    Well to be fair I imagine watching the US bomb one of their own generals would have at least surprised them if not shocked them.

Too soon?
                    He was a bit of a cunt that made a series of horrendous decisions in WWII that probably exacerbated U.S. (an by extension, British and Allied) casualties - decisions that tended not to be based on the reality of the war, but on theoretical prewar dogma. McNair getting whacked was in a sense poetic justice for all the poor "replacements" and tankers in the Sherman he sent to their deaths with his shitty policies.....
                    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 02-06-2013, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Working...