Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Northern Girl
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I like boating and floating, but hate bloating and emoting.
    Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• envy_me
      Swedish Love Pump
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      I pretty much fucking hate boating. You get dehydrated and or extremely drunk in the sun while floating around with a bunch of other assholes --not that everyone on a boat is an asshole, but let's face it that there is a rather large macho, asshole-constituency in the boating community...
      I hate cruises, cause I feel trapped. It's different in Croatia though. You have your own boat. You can go anywhere you want with it and get off any time you want to. Plus it's Adriatic sea everywhere around you. And this is what Adriatic sea looks like. And also you are rarely with a bunch of assholes, but just with one other person ;-) You'd LOVE it!!

Last edited by envy_me; 02-19-2013, 10:49 AM.
      The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

It's so funny how a thread about giving birth found its way into a cruise discussion.

I'll marry the two together with this: Squeeze out a couple of puppies, then wait about 20 years or so to go on a cruise.

Comment

• envy_me
          Swedish Love Pump
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          High maintenance Envy. You wouldn't eat your greens either. I didn't have the choice of being complicated. I grew up in a dictatorship. You did what mom said or else. She would clobber you. I think my dad was even scared of that woman.
          But the sleeping was mostly problem (for others, still a problem for me) when I was a baby. My mom would try and get me to sleep for hours and in best case I'd sleep for 15 minutes and wake up. She'd cry out of frustration. Also I was very difficult, for example they could trick my brother into eating. I'd just close my mouth and refuse to eat. I had really strong will. I could get up and stand on my own when I was 6 months old. Neighbours would come to see it cause nobody believed my parents when they told them. Believe me I was difficult. REALLY difficult.

Comment

• envy_me
            Swedish Love Pump
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
            It's so funny how a thread about giving birth found its way into a cruise discussion.
            It's like rorschach test but with words....

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
              I hate cruises, cause I feel trapped. It's different in Croatia though. You have your own boat. You can go anywhere you want with it and get off any time you want to. Plus it's Adriatic sea everywhere around you. And this is what Adriatic sea looks like. And also you are rarely with a bunch of assholes, but just with one other person ;-) You'd LOVE it!!

I was more speaking about the Lake (Erie and Ontario) boating here, which is basically driving your boat around the same places or from bar to bar...

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I was more speaking about the Lake (Erie and Ontario) boating here, which is basically driving your boat around the same places or from bar to bar...
                Waterfront bars are too far apart on my end of the lake and connecting rivers. Not sure how many are left in the Flats, but from here that's an hour away unless one has a gas hog speedboat. The nephew and niece like to go tubing so yeah they go back and forth, from here to the nuke plant and back a few times.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I pretty much fucking hate boating. You get dehydrated and or extremely drunk in the sun while floating around with a bunch of other assholes --not that everyone on a boat is an asshole, but let's face it that there is a rather large macho, asshole-constituency in the boating community...
                  I only find that to be true during the World Championship Cardboard Boat races here each year...

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• envy_me
                    Swedish Love Pump
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Dec 2010

Okay, that sounds NOTHING like boating on Adriatic :-)

Comment

• envy_me
                      Swedish Love Pump
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                      I only find that to be true during the World Championship Cardboard Boat races here each year...

And that definitelly doesn't look anything like boating on Adriatic...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
                        But the sleeping was mostly problem (for others, still a problem for me) when I was a baby. My mom would try and get me to sleep for hours and in best case I'd sleep for 15 minutes and wake up. She'd cry out of frustration. Also I was very difficult, for example they could trick my brother into eating. I'd just close my mouth and refuse to eat. I had really strong will. I could get up and stand on my own when I was 6 months old. Neighbours would come to see it cause nobody believed my parents when they told them. Believe me I was difficult. REALLY difficult.
                        I bet you still are.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• envy_me
                          Swedish Love Pump
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Dec 2010

I bet you still are.
                          LOL No comment...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

I had a boat. I don't miss it. The problem with the lakes around here is the weather can change in an instant. You can have nice calm water and then it goes to whitecaps. People get killed every year because of that and some pretty good sized boats have been sunk.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Assholes in a fast boat equal trouble. The asshole rolled the boat going too fast and at the wrong angle over another boat's wake. Also, notice nobody is wearing a life jacket. Nice going captain.

Comment

• envy_me
                                Swedish Love Pump
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Dec 2010

I had a boat. I don't miss it. The problem with the lakes around here is the weather can change in an instant. You can have nice calm water and then it goes to whitecaps. People get killed every year because of that and some pretty good sized boats have been sunk.
                                Lakes and rivers are a different thing then the ocean. When I was young and living in Belgrade, we often used to take the boat out on Danube (i don't know if you've heard about it but it's a big river in Europe) and also Sava. Those two rivers are coming together in Belgrade. Anyway, the mosquitos, the flies and other insects. It's just different from sea. Very different. I like Adriatic.

Comment

Working...