Goddamn it, not even IKEA meatballs are safe anymore??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

The US started getting fat when more people went from blue collar jobs to white collar jobs. They went from busting their asses on farms, job sites, steel mills and such into cubicles drinking large gas station mugs full of soda pop and eating donuts.

Civilizations go in cycles and it's usually prosperity that becomes the death nail. I was talking so someone who just got back from India. He says the new wealth in the cities there are getting fat, putting off having children, and living the decadent materialistic lifestyle. The working class in the country still have a lot of children (free farm hands) and are thin because they have to work hard. The US was not too much different a few generations back. In most households most people didn't even go to college. It's a cycle.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 02-27-2013, 02:45 PM.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      You know, I don't see what the big deal is. German soldiers at Stalingrad would have given their left testicle for a bucket of that horse-tainted hamburger. Hell, I've seen WWII pic's of desperate (Berliners I think) civilians decently attired, rushing out to carve up a recently expired mare - kind of reminds you how good we have it...

That's not to say the bastards who knowingly sold it don't deserve prison and fines. A lot of the equestrian delights sold were from steroid infested racing horses...
      As long as the meat isn't spoiled. My favorite pair of biker boots are made from horsehide. I assumed they used the meat for dog food but I guess it's going to IKEA instead. No one's dog ever died from eating horse meat. They just die from Chinese dog food.

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        The US started getting fat when more people went from blue collar jobs to white collar jobs. They went from busting their asses on farms, job sites, steel mills and such into cubicles drinking large gas station mugs full of soda pop and eating donuts.
        WHAT? You are saying everyone woke up one morning and decided to get a job on AMC's Mad Men? Yep, that explains it, alright...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

The US started getting fat when more people went from blue collar jobs to white collar jobs.
          Actually, the rise in obesity in America can be directly tied to the advent of processed foods, and in particular the introduction of high fructose corn poison into the American diet.
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
            WHAT? You are saying everyone woke up one morning and decided to get a job on AMC's Mad Men? Yep, that explains it, alright...

Actually they had to replace the seats at Yankee stadium in the 1960's because people were getting too big to fit in them. So yeah. Your Madman theory might be on the money there. Look at the decadence in the photo. You know that guy didn't stay thin.

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
              Actually, the rise in obesity in America can be directly tied to the advent of processed foods, and in particular the introduction of high fructose corn poison into the American diet.
              Plus that weird crap put into milk that makes twelve year olds have breasts the size of Mount Rushmore.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

Actually they had to replace the seats at Yankee stadium in the 1960's because people were getting too big to fit in them. So yeah. Your Madman theory might be on the money there. Look at the decadence in the photo. You know that guy didn't stay thin.
                When I look at that photo I think boobs
                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                  Portion sizes. I rarely can eat everything when I eat out because they serve the amount of food for one that normally would feed four people. Coca Cola originally came in 7 ounce bottles. Then Pepsi came out with 12 ounce and everyone went to 12 ounces so Pepsi would not have the more for less advantage. Then the two liter bottle came out in the 1970's. They were big glass bottles. I can remember seeing some dude at Newport Beach chugging Pepsi out of one and I thought that was the most obscene thing ever.

Then you had the serve yourself bottomless soda pop machines. Then you had the big gas station mugs. Nobody drinks a 7 ounce Coke anymore. They drink a gallon of it. Then you have all the other carbohydrates. This is also the biggest killer in the US. People are literally eating themselves to death. Too much sugar and obscene portions of food.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Plus that weird crap put into milk that makes twelve year olds have breasts the size of Mount Rushmore.
                    You would think that would have been a no-brainer. After all, they gave the shit to the cows so they would produce milk earlier and more often, so how could it not cross their mind that it would have a similar effect on females of another species that consumed the hormones second hand.

Of course these same cows are already eating MonSatan's mutant corn, so it's not like they're the healthiest critters on earth anyway.

Come to think of it, if the horses are only eating hay, maybe horse meat ain't all that bad. (Except for the steroid injected race horses, of course)
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                      The pill came out in 1961 and AIDS wouldn't be on the scene until the 1980's. I would have fucked them all silly and then enjoyed a nice cigarette afterwards.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                        You would think that would have been a no-brainer. After all, they gave the shit to the cows so they would produce milk earlier and more often, so how could it not cross their mind that it would have a similar effect on females of another species that consumed the hormones second hand.

Of course these same cows are already eating MonSatan's mutant corn, so it's not like they're the healthiest critters on earth anyway.

Come to think of it, if the horses are only eating hay, maybe horse meat ain't all that bad. (Except for the steroid injected race horses, of course)
                        I used to work at this boarding stable and one of the hands would reach into the horse meal bin and grab some horse feed and eat it. It's kind of like Granola with oats and molasses in it. What this guy didn't know is the protein base in it was chicken shit. It's a common practice to use chicken shit in horse feed. Chicken shit Granola. Maybe that will be the next thing they sell at IKEA.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Speaking of food. Check this cookbook out Ford.

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                            Originally posted by vandeleur
                            Not that it's necessarily a bad thing once they grow up...

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Civilizations go in cycles and it's usually prosperity that becomes the death nail. I was talking so someone who just got back from India. He says the new wealth in the cities there are getting fat, putting off having children, and living the decadent materialistic lifestyle. The working class in the country still have a lot of children (free farm hands) and are thin because they have to work hard. The US was not too much different a few generations back. In most households most people didn't even go to college. It's a cycle.
                              That's part of it. But you also have to acknowledge that our life expectancies are far greater than they were. Also, during The Great Depression - people were "thin" but many in working class jobs (assuming they were lucky enough to have one) were malnourished and this was a real problem the U.S. Army had to deal with when the first peacetime (in the U.S.) took place and large numbers of conscripts had to be rejected...

The problem is that food, especially unhealthy food, is the cheapest that it's ever been. And food manufacturers are whizzes at turning their shit into caloric, addictive delights filled with processed flour, corn syrup, fats, sodium, and other chemicals designed to cheaply make them into addicting cupboard fare. The only real cycle is the chickens coming home to roost. The tie your Indian "friend" is trying to make between prosperity and obesity is a tenuous cliche at best as most of the obese we speak of in the U.S. are not "rich" by any means and those of higher socioeconomic status often are enjoying much better health and probably are in good shape more often than not...
                              Last edited by Nickdfresh; 02-27-2013, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Not that it's necessarily a bad thing once they grow up...

Yeah I would roll in the sand with her.

Comment

Working...