Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

See for yourself. Live look at the outside of a pub in Dublin. Make sure your audio is on, and you can hear the drunks as they laugh and scream as they walk around. You can also zoom in and pan around:

EarthCam is taking viewers to the heart of Dublin, Ireland with its live streaming webcams! Perched on top of the Temple Bar Pharmacy, experience the energy and excitement of this popular city.
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 03-03-2013, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ZahZoo
      That's ok if you don't like swords and sandal shows... just tune into Lifetime for women network like you usually do...
      Not into women's programming. This Vikings show looks cool, and looks like it will be very well done, but if I wanna watch fictitious stuff about Vikings, I will watch "The Vikings" with Kirk Douglas and Tony Curtis. I would think this is going to be on the level of the Spartacus series on Showtime. Meaning they will try to be historically accurate and all that.
      Last edited by Hardrock69; 03-03-2013, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• High Life Man
        Commando
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        Are the pubs in Dublin really as good as they are rumored to be?
        Temple Bar is pretty touristy, but has a couple of cool joints. We had the most fun when we moved away from that area. Good beer and met some really cool people.

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

Heck, it was the same way when I visited London in 1989. I was not paying attention as to what was "touristy" or not....just went into whatever pub I wanted.....with the permission of the girlfriend I had at the time, lol.

I am hoping that someday I can go over there for another visit.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by High Life Man
            Temple Bar is pretty touristy, but has a couple of cool joints. We had the most fun when we moved away from that area. Good beer and met some really cool people.
            I'm still trying to forgive the Irish for sending Bono over here.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
              Not into women's programming. This Vikings show looks cool, and looks like it will be very well done, but if I wanna watch fictitious stuff about Vikings, I will watch "The Vikings" with Kirk Douglas and Tony Curtis. I would think this is going to be on the level of the Spartacus series on Showtime. Meaning they will try to be historically accurate and all that.
              They always make the viking axe heads wrong in movies and shows. They were symmetrical. They always drop the lower edge down too much to make them look cool but they used that lower edge to pull their opponents shields away and hook onto armor and body parts. I don't know if they threw their axes but I have a couple viking ax copies and they throw pretty good. Also the head design works good for chopping wood.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                They always make the viking axe heads wrong in movies and shows. They were symmetrical. They always drop the lower edge down too much to make them look cool but they used that lower edge to pull their opponents shields away and hook onto armor and body parts. I don't know if they threw their axes but I have a couple viking ax copies and they throw pretty good. Also the head design works good for chopping wood.
                I found this old picture of my laying waste to a couple of, Viking Frost Giants.

A more acurate axe is pictured.

The axe is a great tool for taking everything from a non-beliver.

However the wieght if not wielded properly can send you to Valhalla instead of honoring it, with the vanquished.

tumblr_mieiu6pbLH1qmxhgeo1_500.jpg

I watched some of that show it is based on historical viking archeological findings such as a candle holder on a table and different set pieces and such but the show is a series or mimi series docudrama..seems ok.

It may not be as good as this one though(mythology)...Assante was awesome don't miss this if it airs again good couple hours of show here.
                Last edited by clarathecarrot; 03-04-2013, 11:51 AM.
                2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

First episode was ok as a setup... not too much drama... not too much violence. Seemed like they crammed in a lot for an hour.
                  "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jul 2010

I thought it was highly entertaining . I don't know how historically accurate it is , I'm no expert . It sure is intriguing though . Wish I could go back to that time period and take a peek . Seems like the producers , cast , and crew went to great lengths to be as accurate as possible . Hopefully they are not taking liberties with historical facts just to jazz it up . I wouldn't want to refer to the History Channel as the History Revisionist channel . I plan to watch the entire series .

Comment

• Zing!
                      Veteran
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Green Manalishi
                      I thought it was highly entertaining . I don't know how historically accurate it is , I'm no expert . It sure is intriguing though . Wish I could go back to that time period and take a peek . Seems like the producers , cast , and crew went to great lengths to be as accurate as possible . Hopefully they are not taking liberties with historical facts just to jazz it up . I wouldn't want to refer to the History Channel as the History Revisionist channel . I plan to watch the entire series .
                      You mean the "Our Version of History" Channel?
                      My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Episode 2 is better than the debut episode... raping, pillaging, etc...

It's available at history.com already...
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Mushroom
                          Commando
                          • Jul 2009

My favorite new show! Ragnar's wife is hot!

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Comment

Working...