Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zing!
    Veteran
    • Oct 2011

Everything in moderation. Basically, don't guzzle the booze like an idiot every day of the week and use a little common sense when you do. Beer is way too tasty and fun for me to jeopardize it by abusing it like I'm still 18.
    My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• envy_me
      Swedish Love Pump
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Dec 2010

I'm drinking Jack Daniels. And coke on thw side-
      The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
        Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

I'm not drinking anything right now - and I'm pissed off about that.

Oh dear.

Comment

• envy_me
          Swedish Love Pump
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Sensible Shoes
          I'm not drinking anything right now - and I'm pissed off about that.

Come on, shoes. It's easter. You have to have a drink or two....
          The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Triple thread merge right here. I'm fucking myself with two turkey dogs & kraut with mac & cheese and a nice draft Newcastle.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
              Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

You're going to hell man.

Oh dear.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Turkey dogs aren't bad for you. And I'm only having 2 or 13 of those glasses tonight.

Comment

• VAiN
                  Use my hand, I won't look
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

The Mutiny at the world famous Mai-Kai.. Strong fucking rum drinks that all taste the same and get ya drunk!
                  Originally posted by wiseguy
                  That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Angel
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

I haven't gotten drunk in years, but I'm considering it. If you don't hear from me it means I did...and I'm in jail for killing my loser roommate, lol...
                    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                      I always get hung up on this talk of mortality rates... In my experience... light, regular, heavy and even 100% non-drinkers... every last one of them have a 100% mortality rate. No one escapes here alive.

Then trying to distinguish if you check out at 65 -vs- 75 or 85, 90, 95... what ever age in the range of "old"... Who's really getting short-changed on the mortality measures..?
                      Well yeah.

I think I saw a figure saying that over 50% of people over 80 had a degree of dementia.

I was talking to a relative last weekend who is 87, brain fine, walking with a zimmer but decent health and she was pretty much saying that it was pointless for her to be alive.

She's wealthy enough, has quite a lot of friends. isn't religious but now her husband has died seems to be pretty ambivalent about the whole thing.

I find that kind of comforting. It's good news I think if we don't go kicking and screaming to the grave

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

One thing I've noticed with older relatives and folks with dementia is most the time they are quite content and happy. I guess because they no longer have an awareness of their situation and surroundings... they're just blissfully floating around in whatever world they are imagining at the moment.

The hard part when they do get frustrated and angry when they do get lucid enough to realize they can't do something they want to anymore. But the worst is when they are pissed off but don't know why... But luckily an hour later they don't even remember being pissed.

My Dad is 90 and drank moderately all his life... glass or two of wine or beer every day. His brain is still with him and the body mostly works. I don't figure we'll have him with us much longer... but thankful for the time I've had.
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• VAiN
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Classy drink Friday!
                          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VAiN
                            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Prickly Pear Margarita

Comment

• VAiN
                              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Time to man-up with some Golden Monkey

Comment

• ZahZoo
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

This thread reminds me I have to drive 48 miles to the liquor store tomorrow to restock... damn backwards hillbilly idiots and their dry county liquor laws...
                                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...