• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flappo
    Banned
    • Jan 2004

Ps4 or X Box 720

which one will be the gratest console ?
    a:4:{i:7054;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:7054;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"63619";s:5:"title";s:3:"PS4";s:5:"votes";i:3;s:6:"voters";a:3:{i:0;s:2:"42";i:1;s:5:"11316";i:2;s:5:"11163";}}i:7055;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:7055;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"63619";s:5:"title";s:3:"720";s:5:"votes";i:2;s:6:"voters";a:2:{i:0;s:5:"28556";i:1;s:5:"28145";}}i:7056;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:7056;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"63619";s:5:"title";s:15:"Fuck off flappo";s:5:"votes";i:1;s:6:"voters";a:1:{i:0;s:2:"42";}}i:7057;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:7057;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"63619";s:5:"title";s:20:"I'm too busy wanking";s:5:"votes";i:1;s:6:"voters";a:1:{i:0;s:2:"20";}}}
    0%
  • flappo
    Banned
    • Jan 2004

microshit's track record is obv. a disadvantage as everything they make is utter crap

Comment

• fryingdutchman
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

PS4 all the way.
      Originally posted by perilouspete
      fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Although I wish they'd show the fucking console already!!!

They've only shown the fucking controller...I'm sick of seeing it.

But their press conference reveal awhile back was amazing, and I think PS4 is going to be a great machine. From all reports it's built much more like a high-end gaming PC, and developers are going to love it. PS3 was a ballbuster because it was all proprietary Sony hardware and developing for it was a real bastard.
        fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

I think it's way past time that we had a video game section in the Roth Army forums.

I would like to be considered for mod duties....

What do you say, el Flappo?

Comment

• fryingdutchman
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Some PS4 specs...

• HDMI
            • Analog-AV out
            • Digital Output (optical)
            AV output
            • Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)
            • IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
            • Bluetooth® 2.1 (EDR)
            Communication
            Super-Speed I/O USB (USB 3.0), AUX
            • BD 6xCAV
            • DVD 8xCAV
            Optical Drive ( Read only)
            Hard Disk Drive Built -in
            Memory GDDR5 8GB
            • Single-chip custom processor
            • CPU: low power x86-64 AMD “Jaguar”, 8 cores
            • GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD next-generation Radeon™ based graphics engine

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

How much is that Jap crap ??

1000 bucks ??

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by ELVIS
                How much is that Jap crap ??

1000 bucks ??
                Speculation is that it will start in the $400's...

And I think they're only making one model. Not a bunch of different sized hard drives like they did with PS3.

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

I went Xbox 360 last time mainly to let the little un shoot up his mates.
                  When i was reading articles recently the difference between the two next consoles is so weighed towards the ps4 being the one for games am gonna have to go with Sony .
                  fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by vandeleur
                    I went Xbox 360 last time mainly to let the little un shoot up his mates.
                    When i was reading articles recently the difference between the two next consoles is so weighed towards the ps4 being the one for games am gonna have to go with Sony .
                    There's a lot of conflicting information surrounding Xbox 720.

But in my opinion Playstation has always been the better console. Xbox 360 got a boost because Sony killed themselves with a $600 pricetag out of the gate with PS3, and people just weren't willing to spend that kind of coin.

But the sales figures are virtually identical now between PS3 and Xbox 360.

Xbox also scored because they had a lot of exclusives like "Halo" and others. But I think that "exclusives" are not going to play a big role in the next generation.

Besides, the Playstation Network remains FREE, while you have to shell out $$$ for Xbox Live.

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I'd go with Sony over Microsoft any day, but if they get into all the DRM schemes to keep people from buying used games I will not purchase one.

I barely play the PS3 I have now. I use it so infrequently that when I try to go to watch Amazon Prime videos on it, it wants to update every time.
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                        Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Who voted that they were too busy wanking?

You should be able to cast multiple votes. Many of us wank while banging hookers in Grand Theft Auto....

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

I think we'll really get to see some serious shit at the E3 show in June.

That will really show what's what between the two machines.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by twonabomber
                            I'd go with Sony over Microsoft any day, but if they get into all the DRM schemes to keep people from buying used games I will not purchase one.

I barely play the PS3 I have now. I use it so infrequently that when I try to go to watch Amazon Prime videos on it, it wants to update every time.
                            The used games issue is a huge bone of contention for a lot of people...as is backwards compatibility.

It looks like cloud gaming will be a big issue in the next generation. Sony dropped a ton of cash to acquire cloud gaming service Gaikai. It will be interesting to see how they use it...

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

That's another thing I'm not interested in: the cloud. Storage is cheap, I can afford to have my stuff where I need it.

Watching the clusterfuck that has been the new Sim City release doesn't make me want to use anything with DLC or an "always on" Internet connection.

I think the industry is heading for another crash.
                              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Working...