• Show
Clear All
  • envy_me
    Swedish Love Pump
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ELVIS
    Does it make you think about tampons ??
    No. But your attempts of being funny make me think about tampons. Used ones.
    The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• VHscraps
      Veteran
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      Never ran into Del Amitri, not my taste.

Surprisingly few hard rock bands have been successful out of Glasgow considering.

Someone wrote a book about it recently and my band got a few paragraphs so that shows you the paucity...

Nazareth, Gun, The Almighty, Texas, Alex Harvey, Simple Minds and then I'm starting to struggle. Do Franz Ferdinand count

The local Indie bands seem to have done better over the years.
      Er, Heavy Pettin' ...

Oh, Lord - don't tell me that was your band, Sesh!? I saw them opening for somebody - probably Ozzy.

In the 70s Stone the Crows / Maggie Bell were signed to Zeppelin's Swan Song label, but I never rated them.
      THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Ah forgot about Heavy Pettin' they were great.

I knew some of those guys and had a bit of a mad drinking night with one of them back in the day. I'm a little younger.

I think in hindsight their singer held them back a bit, his voice was a little bit annoying. They did a couple of big support tours in the US one with RATT I think.

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

heavy pettin' ??

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

You had to be there.

Comment

• VHscraps
              Veteran
              • Jul 2009

Yeah, and then there was the Eurovision fiasco ...

Back in the mid-80s I used to drink in a bar on Bath St that was below street level - every Sunday night they had some guy playing rawk records. Can't remember the name of the bar ... just looked up google maps street view. Seems to now be an orange fronted shop called 'Retrospect'.

You ever frequent that place, Sesh? This was before the Solid and the Cathouse etc.
              THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

We played somewhere called Maggie Mays :-/ possibly . Something like that . Weird trendy ish up stairs rock bar downstairs .
                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• VHscraps
                  Veteran
                  • Jul 2009

Originally posted by ELVIS
                  heavy pettin' ??

Named after a UFO album - bad name, I know ... Sesh was probably in a band with a more conventional moniker, like "Glasgow" ... (presumably named after Boston - which takes us right back to Glasgow looking a bit like Boston±)
                  THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• VHscraps
                    Veteran
                    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by vandeleur
                    We played somewhere called Maggie Mays :-/ possibly . Something like that . Weird trendy ish up stairs rock bar downstairs .
                    was that recently? I think there's a rock bar by that name near the Trongate - I've been living in England for years, so it's all becoming a bit blurry.
                    THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

it will be at least 5 years ago I think , these shitty gigs blur into one another . A deserted bar in camden is the same as a deserted bar in licoln by the end lol

Comment

• envy_me
                        Swedish Love Pump
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                        Yep. Not unlike the Rembrandts, with gems like Just The Way It Is Baby and that annoying song from Friends.
                        How background reaches the foreground every now and then, I'll never know.

I think all those can go under the category pop. Pop is really an umbrella category where you can find anything from Beatles to more shitty stuff.

I HATE that friends song by the way. When I was in my teens my favorite song was Friends which made ALL my friends ask me "the one from the show??" NO you moron, Joe Satch Friends! HUGE difference. Always made me annoyed.
                        The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by vandeleur
                          It's still there.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by VHscraps
                            Named after a UFO album - bad name, I know ... Sesh was probably in a band with a more conventional moniker, like "Glasgow" ... (presumably named after Boston - which takes us right back to Glasgow looking a bit like Boston±)
                            The guitarist of Glasgow got convicted of killing someone recently - sad story.

A college lecturer admits killing a 30-year-old man in a hit-and-run incident in West Dunbartonshire.

Comment

• vandeleur
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Sep 2009

This sounds spinal tapish , but it's kinda coming back to me a bit .
                              Not sure if you were gigging then or if you were involved in sorting band gigs out Etc .
                              But am sure one of the gigs was promoted by an English man called lefty and I swear to fuck he had one eye .
                              Not sure why that would stick in my mind lol .

Comment

• Von Halen
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                The guitarist of Glasgow got convicted of killing someone recently - sad story.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-22295490
                                I thought since you fags aren't responsible enough to own guns, you didn't have violent crime there?

Maybe they should ban cars too.

Comment

Working...