Peugeot-Citroen: The All-American Car Company?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Seems like such a no-brainer.... all three have been making the heavy-duty trucks with diesel engines for years. It's not like it's ever been much of a stretch to put one in the smaller pickups.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
      The Ram will be available with a diesel in its 1500 later this year. They are going to sell the fuck out of those. GM and Ford will be scrambling.
      I eagerly await the first build thread of one of those smaller diesels in a Wrangler. You know someone's gonna total a truck before a year is up.

I would love to put a truck LS in my Waggy but I'll stick with the AMC 360 for now.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Waggy ??

What a douchebag...

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Yeah, Waggy!

I scrapped the white one in December. The gray one runs great. Has an Edelbrock intake and 4 barrel.

Came with a bunch of extra parts, four clean doors, both inner and outer front fenders, and a hood without a crease down the side. Oh, and a frame, because this one is missing part of the rear frame. Working on getting the other frame stripped down and painted.
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by FORD
            Seems like such a no-brainer.... all three have been making the heavy-duty trucks with diesel engines for years. It's not like it's ever been much of a stretch to put one in the smaller pickups.
            I think one of the sticking points was emissions. Romeo's diesel VW's have generally been available since at least the 80's here. But for a couple of years in the late 1990's or early 2000's NYS and Cali banned them due to the diesel emissions. Now with clean diesel tech and the marvel of urea (or DEF) you can have a small diesel that has no worse emissions than most gasoline engine cars, and they pretty much start up and run like a gas engine in winter now too...

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
              Yeah, Waggy!
              That's a Wagoneer, not a Waggy...

Just like a Challenger is not a Chally and a Suburban is not a Burb and so on and so fourth...

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

And as much as I love and respect LS motors, put a fucking Mopar mill in that bitch...

maybe a crate 360 magnum with over 400hp on pump gas ??

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Who in the fuck would ever want to buy an piece of shit American made passenger car in this day & age?

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                    That's a Wagoneer, not a Waggy...

Just like a Challenger is not a Chally and a Suburban is not a Burb and so on and so fourth...

GRAND Wagoneer.

'89, with rear wiper instead of spoiler, and the overhead console that was only in the '89 - '91's.

Not doing a full resto, going to make a wheeler out of it. If I did an engine swap in something it would probably be a late Chrysler 360 into my Wrangler. Combine the wiring harnesses and all the gauges work, and when it's scanned it comes up as a V8 Wrangler.

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

I work on cars daily and drive only American because they're the overall best...

They're the cheapest to maintain and way cheaper to repair, by far...

And American cars still seem to be the ones that stay on the road the longest...

And I repair VW, Mercedes and BMW and I do Turbos and such so don't go spouting off that I have no idea what I'm talking about...

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
                        GRAND Wagoneer.

'89, with rear wiper instead of spoiler, and the overhead console that was only in the '89 - '91's.
                        Yeah dude, I like those and so does my wife now...

Currently, we have a 6.0L Denali XL that's pretty awesome...

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

There was a '90 (I think) GW for sale a mile or so from the house last week. $5500. Dark blue, sand interior, clean inside and out. Had a Texas inspection sticker on the windshield. I would feel guilty wheeling it, or maybe even driving it in the winter. Drove over there this morning and it was gone.

If I bounce mine off a tree I won't feel bad, I don't have much money in it...yet.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                            Who in the fuck would ever want to buy an piece of shit American made passenger car in this day & age?
                            Because it's this day and age and not yesterday and age. Most American cars are on par with anything foreign and Ford actually had a vastly better line-up in Europe and sold their second hand car shit here. No longer...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Ford has done an amazing job...not so sure about Dodge (I can speak from experience here) or GM
                              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I don't know how you could say that US cars stay on the road longer Elvis...it is simple as how long the parts are rated for. I was pretty amazed to see how piss poor the Dodge parts were rated...the time I looked at it, any imports parts were rated on average twice as long...which means simply that by the time the warranty expired, the Dodge car would simply start falling apart
                                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...