• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by chefcraig
    We are all random accidents...
    Nothing could be further from the truth...

Comment

• Warham
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
      I don't have any answers, but I have some questions.

If things are so bad here, why are more people not joining over "there?"
      Maybe they went and joined the Links or Classic Van Halen or some other site?

Maybe they are tired of dealing with the same "crowd".

It's not like these are the only two sites around.

Comment

• Warham
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

You're not celebrating a mass influx of new members, either.
        Forums get worse the bigger they get. We are actually very happy with our traffic.

Comment

• WARF
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

We won alright!

But it wasn't because the (ex) mods fucked up this place and got fired.

We won because we have 100 strong, fun members to conversate with.

Our site doesn't have people crying to Sesh all day to remove popgears... We don't have any popgears with personal info or pictures. Our members look forward to posting at our site to get away from all the day to day drama. Our staff doesn't allow mods to attack the members, like this place did for many years. We made a site everyone enjoys, and nobody is harassed.

Comment

• WARF
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

You know you're running a site professionally if Flappo is a mod, and there is not even ONE popgear in the forums.

You guys can't even control him as a non staff member...
            Last edited by WARF; 08-10-2013, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by Warham
              Forums get worse the bigger they get. We are actually very happy with our traffic.
              And members.You guys should check us out some time
              I really love you baby, I love what you've got
              Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• WARF
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

We're a fun, professionally run web site!

No flame wars.
                No personal pics.
                No racism.

We are drama free.

We have great staff and management!

Thanks DB!

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by WARF
                  You know you're running a site professionally if Flappo is a mod, and there is not even ONE popgear in the forums.

You guys can't even control him as a non staff member...
                  Let's be honest.

You guys don't post that stuff over there because you know it'll get more views here. Why bother posting it there where only six of you will see it?

To be all high and mighty about your rules there and to come here and post all that shit...
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                    ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Let's be honest.

No one posts that stuff over there because you know it'll get more views here. Why bother posting it there where only six of you will see it?

To be all high and mighty about your rules there and to come here and post all that shit...
                    You should come over some time Twona.I don't think we have spoke before but you seem like a nice interesting guy.You'll see we are not so bad

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Why should I go over there? You're all always here!
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                        Maybe they went and joined the Links or Classic Van Halen or some other site?

Maybe they are tired of dealing with the same "crowd".

It's not like these are the only two sites around.

Have you looked at Links lately?

Never mind all the Chickenshit sheep Hagar cultists.... their "non-music" forum looks like a cross between Free Republic and Stormfront. Which is ironic, considering Brett and his mods used to claim they hated "political threads".
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

I guess I just don't subscribe to this Charlie Sheen/Winning attitude when it comes to web sites. Seriously, where is the need for any sort of competition? Am I missing something here?

Look, people can go anywhere they wish on the world wide web, it's called freewill (Speaking of that, DO NOT go to a RUSH fan site under any circumstance. If you think our community is somewhat cantankerous, spend a couple hours of your life with them nerds. Yikes.)

By the same token, I don't believe in hounding people mercilessly, going from one thread to another like some sort of cancer and thus disrupting an entire site over some meaningless vendetta. If you are unhappy with a certain poster, than do one of two things:

1. Ignore their ass
                          2. Send it to PM

Either way, you'll avoid falling into a delusional trap that requires everyone within earshot to get caught up in you own little psycho drama.

Yeah, there are folks here that can't stand me and vice versa. The pisser is, I refuse to give them the satisfaction of a response. Now how fucking difficult is that to figure out? Shit, if an emotionally stifled bone-head like me can come to terms with the concept, then surely other folks can do so as well.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• WARF
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Let's be honest.

You guys don't post that stuff over there because you know it'll get more views here. Why bother posting it there where only six of you will see it?

Wrong again.

Me, Donnie, Warham and ZZ made a site that doesn't allow personal info and pictures to be posted there. The only reason anyone posted personal info here is because it's allowed time after time. You say we care about views at this site? I already told you Sesh is the numbers guy. We don't give a shit about views at our site, let alone your site... We care about the quality of the members and posts. We don't wanna have a site where people come home from a stressful day at work, and get bashed all day without anyone stopping in to end the abuse. It's not about traffic, it's about good management.
                            Last edited by WARF; 08-10-2013, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                              1. Ignore their ass
                              2. Send it to PM
                              I am surprised no one uses the "ignore user" function here. Probably would have cut down on the shit from earlier this year.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                                ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by WARF
                                Wrong again.

Me, Donnie, Warham and ZZ made a site that doesn't allow personal info and pictures to be posted there. The only reason anyone posted personal info here is because it's allowed time after time. You say we care about views at this site? I already told you Sesh is the numbers guy. We don't give a shot about views at our site, let alone your site... We care about the quality of the members and posts. We don't wanna have a site where people come home from a stressful dat at work, and get bashed all day without anyone stopping in to end the abuse. It's not about traffic, it's about good management.
                                And having a good time

Comment

Working...