DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

But, you know, fuck Nebraska.

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I wonder if all this muddy water will make Coors taste bad.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
        I wonder if all this muddy water will make Coors taste bad.

Which is worse? Bad taste or no taste? Coors Light is flavorless mostly.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
          I know in Colorado for a fact that if you live within a designated flood plain area you are by law require to buy flood insurance. Actually, I think it was FEMA who pushed that.

This flood goes way beyond homes, there are entire towns (Lyons, downtown Estes Park), that will have to be more or less leveled. The bill for this is going to reach way into the billions.

And then they will rebuild in the same spot and in 25 years it will happen again and people will cry "why me?!".

Why do we insist on building structures where water wants to be? Water always wins. The thought of New Orleans just is so silly it drives me crazy thinking about how stupid that idea is.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Angel
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
            And then they will rebuild in the same spot and in 25 years it will happen again and people will cry "why me?!".

Why do we insist on building structures where water wants to be? Water always wins. The thought of New Orleans just is so silly it drives me crazy thinking about how stupid that idea is.
            The degree of flooding this year is unbelievable. The Alberta floods were called the 100 year flood...

I just came back from the Rockies where it was unbelievably HOT. There is no snow on the peaks, which I have never seen before...I'm sure the same is true for the US portion of the range. Those peaks should be white year round...
            Attached Files
            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sadaist

Dude, you live in a state with a major fault line

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                Now if I were Pat Robertson, I would say that God was pissed off about something....

Maybe it has something to do with the NRA hijacking the state legislature?
                Oh it's much worse than that:

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                  Dude, you live in a state with a major fault line

and the second it becomes a viable option to leave here I will. Spent last summer in the Pacific Northwest and want to go back for good. Either that or Wyoming. So sick of the crowding, traffic, crime, shithole neighborhoods, fucked up people, hot temps, high taxes, high taxes, high taxes, and not understanding a lick of the 37 languages other than English spoken here. I won't get in to the driving skills.

Comment

• Angel
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Ummmm...the Pacific NW is overdue for a MAJOR quake...
                    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                      Ummmm...the Pacific NW is overdue for a MAJOR quake...
                      Well, we did have one in 2001. The previous major one before that was 1965, and 1949 before that, so it's not like they follow any predictable pattern.

Won't hurt my feelings if it holds off for a few more decades though.......

As far as traffic and crowding goes.... don't come here to avoid it, because you can't. I've had to make a lot of trips back and forth to Seattle recently, and it's ridiculous how slow I-5 is anymore.

And the temperatures.... well we did have a 95 degree day here last week, which was definitely a first for September. Sunny days are common enough, but usually in the mid 70s, which is just about right.... cools off enough by bedtime to not need the A/C.
                      Last edited by FORD; 09-16-2013, 05:11 PM.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• katina
                        Commando
                        • Mar 2012

I just read at the news that the rain ceased and rescue operations resumed, good!!

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Today was the first sunny afternoon that I can remember in a long, long time.

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                            Well, we did have one in 2001. The previous major one before that was 1965, and 1949 before that, so it's not like they follow any predictable pattern.

Won't hurt my feelings if it holds off for a few more decades though.......

As far as traffic and crowding goes.... don't come here to avoid it, because you can't. I've had to make a lot of trips back and forth to Seattle recently, and it's ridiculous how slow I-5 is anymore.

And the temperatures.... well we did have a 95 degree day here last week, which was definitely a first for September. Sunny days are common enough, but usually in the mid 70s, which is just about right.... cools off enough by bedtime to not need the A/C.

Off the main cities. I stayed in Grants Pass, OR last summer. Man it was great. Driving back to So Cal I was excited to see palm trees again, but I can get over that. Hell, one drizzly afternoon I parked my truck & was reading a book. So peaceful. Then I looked out the window & saw a fox just napping very close by. Watched it for 45 minutes until the rain finally made it wake up & scamper off. And that was just 1 day. Every day was something new that amazed me.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

Yeah man....NW is the place to be. Sucks it is on the ring of fire. Though if Yellowstone ever blows it's stack, all the smoke and debris will float to the SE.

Thing is....I want to figure out where I am next going to live. Sure, NW is cool, but I plan on moving away from Gnashville eventually, and wanna figure out where I can go and stay for awhile. Sure, it rains in the NW a lot, but I have to live in a place for months or years to figure out if I really like it or not....might end up wanting to live in the desert, lol. But I dig the NW. I get all excited and shit when I go up there for vaca.

I want to do my research.....best tax system, cosmopolitan culture....out in the near boondocks, but somewhere close to a major city, though not necessarily IN that city. Got to have broadband, lol.

Warmest in winter, coolest in summer.....most likely wherever such a place is, the rich folks done tooked it ovah and run the rent up to the fucking sky.....speaking of which, constant rain may not be much of a bother, but I want to be able to walk out into my front yard at night and have a fantastic view of the sky. Or should I say, so I can look at the stars and go stark raving mad because it looks like I am about to fall off the planet into the endless black void.....

I saw an article today in the Christian Science Monitor of all places asking the rhetorical question, are other states going to legalize marijuana now that CO and WA have done so?

Speculation is afoot after the Justice Department signaled it will mostly leave to states the responsibility to regulate use. Washington State and Colorado are already working out details of legal marijuana.

I do want to live somewhere where pot is legal tender and finest kind. And I hate snow. I don't care for cold weather. I want it to be sunny and 70 all year around. But those kinda places in the US are usually the desert SW.....I would much rather live where there is some vegetation.....maybe Colorado Springs....so when WWIII or the Alien Invasion breaks out, I can just go to Cheyenne Mountain and run inside.

At least there is pot in the Rockies. Bet John Denver is all mad that he died before it happened.
                              Perhaps Southern Colorado along the NM border would be cool....though the higher up in elevation you get, the colder it is.....lotsa UFO activity in that area....far enough South in Colorado the temps would not be any worse than fucking Kansas. And I want to live on enough property that I can crank up my Marshalls and not have to worry about neighbors.

Kansas as a place to live fucking sucks goddamnable ass.

ZERO culture. Well, with the possible exception of Kansas City, KS...right across the river from the REAL Kansas City...MISSOURI.

Fuck Kansas.

Never mind me, bitches, I am just mumbling to myself.

Goddamn fucking bitch muffukk....this world is fucking strange, man. If Kansas fucking got sucked into a black hole, the Universe would not be aware of it for 20 fucking years. Nobody would miss that fucked up hellhole.
                              Last edited by Hardrock69; 09-17-2013, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2005

LOL! Check this shit. This is the kind of warped goddamnable Dorothy-living-on-the-fucking-farm-in-black-and-white mentality of the idiots running that fucking state. Common sense? Naw. Why be sensible when we can just be an asshole and get elected?

Fucking idiots.

Kansas Denies Marijuana Reform Group’s Request To Adopt A Highway

The State of Kansas denied an attempt by ‘Fire It Up Kansas’ to participate in it’s adopt a highway program. According to it’s Facebook page ‘Fire It Up Kansas’ is “a non profit, non-violent organization with one goal: Legalize marijuana on a state and federal level for the purpose of medicine, production, and recreation.” What are the requirements to join the Kansas adopt a highway program you might be wondering? Below is the description according to the Kansas Department of Transportation that oversees the program:

“Who can adopt a highway? Any non-profit group that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color or sex. Group members must be at least 11 years old and have adequate adult supervision.”

Admittedly, I’m not a member of ‘Fire It Up Kansas’ so I can’t say for sure, but I’m assuming they do not discriminate and have members over the age of 11. So why would the State of Kansas deny their request? ”We don’t want to advertise for that because their name is gonna be on our signs and I don’t think that’s acceptable,” Benny Tarverdi of the Kansas Department of Transportation said according to local Wichita, KS media outlet Eye Witness News 12.

I truly hope that the citizens of Kansas don’t stand for this, and I also hope that people outside of the State of Kansas speak out in support. It seems like the State of Kansas is in the business of discriminating against certain political groups, which is ironic considering non-discrimination is one of the requirements to adopt a highway…I smell a lawsuit brewing, and I hope the ACLU is ready to battle!

So.....I bet it is safe to assume that if the Church Of Satan wanted to sponsor a highway, they would get denied......

Many people in that state are narrow-minded fucks. Enough so that it is very much worth it to move somewhere else. Just to be able to live amongst sensible and intelligent people for a change.

Comment

Working...