Fuck my fucking alcoholic wreck of a father.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by fraroc
    However...I simply am at a loss of what to do right now. I know that getting a job and eventually moving out is something that I need to do for myself, but I feel like I need to get him to just stop with the fucking drinking.....I want us to never fight again, and that can never be achieved if he continues down this road.
    Couple things you can do...

Keep an eye out for when dad is totally sober and in decent spirits... You don't need to have an indepth discussion but just approach him and ask if you can have a brief conversation on something important. If he's game... Just say "Dad, I love you. A lot of the problems in this household are directly tied to your drinking. Can you please give some thought and consideration to giving it up? It would help all of us to get along better. Please give it some thought." That's it.

The other thing you can do... immerse yourself in your studies. While doing so... study abroad... the library, school campus, local park... just anywhere away from home. Also see if you can find a part time job... Yeah, Yeah it's tough doing school and work... But Hey you are young. This is a time you can afford to burn the candle at both ends. But the main point is... get out of your parents house as much as possible and focus your efforts and time on building your next phase. When you are at home... be helpful. Prepare a meal... clean up a little... be cordial. Then be scarce.

You'll end up separated from a lot of angst in the home... busy with your life and less a target for the old man if he's on a bender.
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
      Had FragileCock prefaced the story with him being pissed off at his dad for interrupting his watching Gilligan's Island, because his dad needed assistance, I'd have been an asshole with my response.

At least.
      My dad once interrupted me while I was spanking it to Mary Ann!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Von, I never expected that you'd actually give me some actual advice. When it comes to her being co-dependent, you're absolutely right. At this time, both my mother and father have high-paying jobs. My mother is white-collar and my father is blue-collar, however I'd be lying if I said that me and my family live like kings. My mother depends on my father's income and my father depends on my mother's income which is probably the only thing that is keeping Mom from finally getting a divorce.

You know something, belting me in the jaw and trying to asphyxiate me to death was like love taps. Telling me that he never wanted me was like a dagger in the fucking heart.
        At the very least, if you stay there and continue with school, get a decent part time job that keeps you out of there and away from him. As I said before, where you live, waiting tables, bussing, bar-backing-to-bartending are all pretty high paying options and would keep you busy at night and allow you to meet others. You don't want to interrupt your studies, but it sounds like that's happening anyways...

Maybe you could find some roommates that way that would allow you to get out...

Comment

• Anonymous
          Banned
          • May 2004

You know something, belting me in the jaw and trying to asphyxiate me to death was like love taps. Telling me that he never wanted me was like a dagger in the fucking heart.
          Like Zahzoo said, don't you ever make the fucking mistake of equating violence with love. Far too many people do that shit, & in my opinion that is what creates the feeling of dependency towards the abuser.

I once overheard two old women talking & this is what I heard:

Old #1: Why? Does he hit her?
          Old #2: If only he did! No, he doesn't care about her.

How fucked up is that? I swear, I really heard this. It chilled me to the bone.

Gather up your balls in one hand, open the door with the other & never look back. It's only hard for the first few months. If you're semi-competent, your need will force you to find a way to set up a life for yourself. When you settle in, it will all be much easier - after a while, you won't even think about the bullshit anymore.

You can't save your mother, but you can save yourself. Do it.

By the way, if you DO want to try to save your mother, the only way you'll even have a remote chance of doing so, is giving her a place to get away from your father, so you'll have to set up your own place first, anyway.

This is it, boy. You got noone else to help you & noone you can trust - you'll have to figure it all by yourself. I don't envy you one bit, but you gotta do it.

Good luck.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...