• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
    I've never studied fucking but I have always tried to keep my hand in
    Hand in? Well fist fucking is much like stuffing a Christmas turkey.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
      Veteran
      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
      When I was a young'in, we'd get drunk so bad that we'd walk around shirtless in 0º Celsius - or 30º F for you illiterate savages - & we never even got so much as a cold.

Post a pic or it didn't happen.
      RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
      LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Anonymous
        Banned
        • May 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
        Post a pic or it didn't happen.
        We was livin' the moment. Singing, carousing, shouting, completely blasted. Pics were the last thing on our minds. Fuck this generation of registering everything instead of living it.

And why would you want to see a bunch of drunk guys shirtless? PREVERT!!!

Cheers!

Comment

• Anonymous
          Banned
          • May 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          Hand in? Well fist fucking is much like stuffing a Christmas turkey.
          Stick it in 'til you can feel the giblets.

Cheers!

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
            Veteran
            • Jun 2005

Fuck this generation of registering everything instead of living it.
            RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
            LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Ah-ha yes, BUTT! That's not what Seshmeister's study says.

And therein lies my point. Scientific studies, much like numbers, can be made to prove whatever the fuck someone wants. It's easy, just focus on the trees & ignore the forest.

Then just follow whatever logic you feel better applies to that small piece of the puzzle while separated from the rest & represents what you're trying to prove.

Also, the most basic piece of this shitty puzzle is the alcohol itself. Rub some on your skin & while it may be old at first, notice how it will warm up that area for a bit. The gather all the rest of the information available, pile it up with some common sense & there's the bigger picture. In this case as well as any other.

So yes, alcohol generates heat, fuck studies.

Cheers!
              If I recall Sesh got that notion from an episode of Mythbusters...
              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Almost 200 posts in this thread? I should get a dividend.
                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                  If I recall Sesh got that notion from an episode of Mythbusters...
                  I remember years ago reading about a Japanese suicide manual, it caused a bit of a storm at the time.

One of their methods was to drink a lot of booze, soak yourself in water and go outside on a cold night.

Alcohol consumption increases the risk of hypothermia via its action as a vasodilator. It increases blood flow to the body's skin and extremities, making a person feel warm, while increasing heat loss. Between 33% and 73% of hypothermia cases are complicated by alcohol.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

I'm all for the Jap method, right up until the "go outside on a cold night" part.

Wait - has anybody heard from Warf today? Oh shit.
                    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Sorry to be all serious here and Imapussy this is just basic medicine not cuntroversial science. Blood goes to your skin when you drink which is why drunk people may look flushed or very pink. If the blood is near the outside of you it's closer to the cold environment so it cools quicker, this isn't rocket science.

I only mention it because a lot of people here like a drink, and it's an important thing to know. I was about to say it's less of a problem for you in sunny Portugal but when I looked it up it seems it's pretty cold even there just now...

Comment

• Angel
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                        After leaving your place ??
                        No. Alcohol isn't allowed in my home.
                        "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Satan
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                          Old Citroen cars are cool.
                          Built like goddamn tanks too.

Well, except for the skinny little ones that look like mutated VW beetles. Wouldn't want to be caught in a T-Bone collision in one of those on Interstate 666.
                          Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                          I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Satan
                            Built like goddamn tanks too.

Well, except for the skinny little ones that look like mutated VW beetles. Wouldn't want to be caught in a T-Bone collision in one of those on Interstate 666.
                            The SM models were great, comfortable open road cars. Yeah they were quality. The only thing is there aren't many people in the states who can fix them. Kind of sucks when the air springs go and the car is laying belly down on the ground. It's a great suspension design though. I remember riding in the back of one in France and it really took the chatter out of the cobble stone streets.
                            Last edited by Nitro Express; 12-20-2013, 01:21 AM.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Angel
                              No. Alcohol isn't allowed in my home.
                              You should move...

Comment

• Anonymous
                                Banned
                                • May 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                Sorry to be all serious here and Imapussy this is just basic medicine not cuntroversial science. Blood goes to your skin when you drink which is why drunk people may look flushed or very pink. If the blood is near the outside of you it's closer to the cold environment so it cools quicker, this isn't rocket science.

I only mention it because a lot of people here like a drink, and it's an important thing to know. I was about to say it's less of a problem for you in sunny Portugal but when I looked it up it seems it's pretty cold even there just now...
                                Yes, but I'm not talking about *a* drink, now am I?

I'm talking serious boozage. I'd be out of my mind to go around shirtless in the dead of winter in my hometown after drinking one whisky.

I'm talking indecent amounts of alcohol. Look, I don't care what those tests say, after you pass a a certain threshold, the alcohol WILL warm you up.

I have slept outside in the freezing cold when I was a young'in, to see if the effects would wear off enough so that I could go home & fall down in the general direction of the bed. You know when you go to bed & the whole room starts spinning? That only means you have to go out & drink MORE.

I'm talking about falling on the bed & everything turns BLACK. All existence negated for a few hours.

And about sunny Portugal, let me tell you - I have the door open, letting the brisk winter air come inside & I'm wearing only a t-shirt - and pants, ladies. Don't get excited. It's 14 degrees here down by the coast & I'm quite comfortable, so as you can see, cold is not a problem for me. I'm not even being warmed by the sun, 'coz I am inside.

But if I tell you that whenever I go back to my hometown I suffer terribly from the cold, no matter how much clothing I wear, then you'll know it's not a pleasant 0º at night, with the wind blowing.

I believe that data of yours. For a glass of brandy. But I am here to physically disprove it after a certain amount of drinks. And so is everyone who got really blasted in the cold. I'm talking REALLY blasted, not having a glass of champagne & feeling dizzy, then go out & skinny dip in the lake.

What do the Japanese do? They immerse themselves in WATER. THAT is what kills them - going out wet. The booze is just so you don't feel a thing.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...