Hannah Kearney - Just Shut The Fuck Up, Already!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
    Everybody pays. The question is, who are you paying, and what are they doing with the money.

Taxes paying for administration with fairly low costs seems like a much better idea than paying higher costs so some fat ass corporatist in a suit can buy a new mansion.
    I had great health coverage when I started working out of college. I had full dental. A reasonable deductible. I never worried about healthcare costs and the US had some of the best medical care in the world at the time. All my relatives in Alberta came down here if they needed something serious done.

It all boils down to integrity of who manages the system. I don't think the mass majority of Americans wanted the Affordable Care Act because we didn't know what it was. When congress is in a hurry to pass something and they drive it through on a holiday the result is never good. So it's massive corruption and basically the multi-national corporations and the government have gotten into bed together.

Heck, Standard and Poors was going to downgrade The Federal Reserve Bank's bond rating because they haven't been paying their bond holders. They stiffed Germany pretty good. Then Eric Holder's Justice Department sues Standard and Poors. So basically, if you are a private ratings company telling the truth and doing your job, the federal government comes after you.

Nothing is going to work when the corruption is that complete. So the question is how do you fix it? It's so fucked up we probably will have to call a constitutional convention and just fire the whole damn federal government and let the state legislatures run thing until we get it ironed out.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Angel
      That is true...but I'm tax exempt at the moment. I don't use mine nearly as much as I should, and the extended benefits through the university never get used either, I pay $200 a year for those.
      I got free dental care in Norway. I had a dental emergency and had to see a dentist in Bergen. I got ready to pay and the clerk said you are covered. I said I'm not a citizen of Norway and she said it didn't matter. So it was free. Maybe not when I think about it. We were paying their huge value added tax on everything. I mean food is so expensive over there it's ridiculous. So really, they got something out of my pocket.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Everybody pays. The question is, who are you paying, and what are they doing with the money.

Taxes paying for administration with fairly low costs seems like a much better idea than paying higher costs so some fat ass corporatist in a suit can buy a new mansion.
        Yeah but the fat ass corporatist own most the politicians. Some people thought they were going to get a better deal with the federal government getting involved and look what happened. It's not just about controlling your healthcare and reaming the hell out of you. It's about data mining and using that data against you if they want. It's some sick shit when you look into it. I don't know if Nazi Germany even passed a healthcare law this bad.

It's population control is what it really is. It's not about helping anyone.
        Last edited by Nitro Express; 02-13-2014, 02:27 AM.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah... I really should have used some Canadian healthcare the last time I was up there paying all that GST/HST/whatever it was on everything.

Apparently you can get all that refunded if you ask for it (and presumably fill out the proper forms) but I didn't realize that until months after I crossed back over the border.

But at least Canadians can say their taxes are being used for something good. Can't say that so much about the US (I'll elaborate further on that in another thread soon)
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            I got free dental care in Norway. I had a dental emergency and had to see a dentist in Bergen. I got ready to pay and the clerk said you are covered. I said I'm not a citizen of Norway and she said it didn't matter. So it was free. Maybe not when I think about it. We were paying their huge value added tax on everything. I mean food is so expensive over there it's ridiculous. So really, they got something out of my pocket.
            I got free dental care in the service. In boot camp they drilled and filled damn near every tooth in my head then they decided to pull all my wisdom teeth before my last cruise and broke my jaw getting just one. The other three must have disintegrated over time because they never came in.
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• Angel
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Yeah... I really should have used some Canadian healthcare the last time I was up there paying all that GST/HST/whatever it was on everything.

Apparently you can get all that refunded if you ask for it (and presumably fill out the proper forms) but I didn't realize that until months after I crossed back over the border.

But at least Canadians can say their taxes are being used for something good. Can't say that so much about the US (I'll elaborate further on that in another thread soon)
              You would've had to pay cash, but not nearly as much as you would there.
              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Angel
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

10 ways Canada has already won the Olympics: http://www.buzzfeed.com/tanyachen/he...olymp?s=mobile
                "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

And perhaps washing it down with something from the New Belgium Brewing Company?

That new label design is a serious improvement. The beer was already great
                  I've never tried that. New Belgium is soooooooooooooooooooooooo pricy anymore.

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Thinks he does her in the ass? Or she does him in the ass?

They may skate well but their choice of a fashion designer leaves a lot to be desired.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

Did Jimmy Page do you in the ass, you stupid cunt? Hopefully without lube!

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                        10 ways Canada has already won the Olympics: http://www.buzzfeed.com/tanyachen/he...olymp?s=mobile
                        Of course it will mean nothing if USA wins the gold in Men's Hockey.

BTW, who wins the wardrobe championship? Johnny Weir or Don Cherry?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                          Of course it will mean nothing if USA wins the gold in Men's Hockey.
                          Or the Cat Curling...

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Gotta admit though, the beer fridge was a great idea. Did Bob & Doug McKenzie design it?
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

I actually admire this girl. For one, where most human beings have 32 teeth, she has 114. And if she can beat those smug Canadian frozen hillbillies then more power to her.

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Ah, she did win the gold! Yeah, fuck Canada.

Comment

Working...