X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
    It would so suck to be a parent right now and be susceptible to the Christmas onslaught of endless merchandising shit this movie is going to bring.
    None of my kids were all that interested in popular crap growing up... of course we used to make them go outside and interact with other kids rather than parking them in front of a TV all day.
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
      It would also suck to have to take your kid to see this garbage.
      Shouldn't you be out fighting the savages in your urban jungle? We're trying to get our nerd on in here, you old Honkie!
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
        None of my kids were all that interested in popular crap growing up... of course we used to make them go outside and interact with other kids rather than parking them in front of a TV all day.
        Geez, what is this? Somebody leave the door open to the Old Coot wing of the mental hospital?? I'm gonna put on my white robe I mean Stormtrooper outfit and run around town!

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

His kids were out on the riverbank, snorting like pigs.

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

I know what I'm getting Ford for Christmas!!! Klan Stormtroopers!!!

I guess Ford is right - the Klan really IS everywhere!!

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

How could Klan stormtroopers ever work for James Earl Jones?
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                How could Klan stormtroopers ever work for James Earl Jones?
                That's a LIE being spread around by the terrorist organization Rebel Lives Matter. We'll take care of them soon enough. Let's see them burn the Imperial Flag when 500,000 of our soldiers resplendent in their white uniforms come marching through their cities!!

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                  That's good. I hate that I know what new characters look like. I heard some places are selling tickets for the movie already. That's a tad insane. I'm sure I will over hear the plot and the ending before ever getting around to see it. That's the price of dodging pandemonium.
                  Getting my tickets tonight...

I've read too many spoilers already. I said I wasn't going to and I did anyways. Oh well.

The novelizations for the last two came out a week or two before the movies, and I tore through those in an evening. I mean, if you saw TESB, you knew Vader had a robotic hand, so reading that in Attack of the Clones was no big thing. And you'd always heard that Vader was disfigured in lava, so reading that in Revenge of the Sith was no big deal either.
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Von Halen
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
                    Getting my tickets tonight...

I've read too many spoilers already. I said I wasn't going to and I did anyways. Oh well.

The novelizations for the last two came out a week or two before the movies, and I tore through those in an evening. I mean, if you saw TESB, you knew Vader had a robotic hand, so reading that in Attack of the Clones was no big thing. And you'd always heard that Vader was disfigured in lava, so reading that in Revenge of the Sith was no big deal either.
                    Wow...and you think Savicki's Gem Cutters stuff is werid?

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                      That's good. I hate that I know what new characters look like. I heard some places are selling tickets for the movie already. That's a tad insane. I'm sure I will over hear the plot and the ending before ever getting around to see it. That's the price of dodging pandemonium.
                      Note that a lot of these new characters have not had a last name revealed yet. There is rampant speculation that "this one" is "that one's" kid. Finn may be someone completely new, speculation is his name is derived from his trooper number, as in FN-something. They still haven't really said who Max Von Sydow or Andy Serkis are playing. You'd assume Serkis did motion capture for a character.
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                        Wow...and you think Savicki's Gem Cutters stuff is werid?
                        Indeedido!

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                          I was just watching some videos of the new BB-8 by Sphero. That thing is beyond cool!!
                          It doesn't do a lot of stuff now, but Sphero says they will be adding features after the movie comes out.

There's also a BB-8 builder's club already, make your own full-size version.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                            It doesn't do a lot of stuff now, but Sphero says they will be adding features after the movie comes out.

There's also a BB-8 builder's club already, make your own full-size version.
                            I always wanted a full size R2 but they're just so damn expensive to build. But a full size bb-8 would be awesome! I'd take it to Walmart with me!!

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Put a "socket" in the trunk lid of your Eclipse and drive around with it!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Ah hell, their website ain't open yet. I can't learn nothing on twatter!

Comment

Working...